Thread: Flashers?

Default Flashers?

Hey,
    Does anyone know of a site where I can actually see what the differant flash patterns associated with flash modules look like? I came upon one a while ago, where under each module it had a "movie" of the lights going and in what pattern.

Thanks alot

MembersZone Subscriber

That's it! Thanks so much. Now If I only I knew which one to get for a Chrysler 300m... I prefer the "Multi- pattern flash pattern" But I'm confused as to the differance between the models.

Forum Member

What's up with your insatiable desire for lights?

I don't know. It's like a fetish. I can't explain it.

Forum Member

I don't know. It's like a fetish. I can't explain it.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Forum Member

Lets not pick on our half moth-half human brothers
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

"The draw of the light is soo compelling, I can't stop myself!"
    That was a good one PattyV

Forum Member

Dont worry, i sometimes get drawn towards large things that let off lots of light, we call them fires over here
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

Do yourself a favor and do a forum search on the term 'whacker'.

Ill do that Jerry.

MembersZone Subscriber

VERY tactfully done Jerry.

Forum Member

Hero, for once why dont you post a constructive thread for once. Yor are one of the biggest whackers/Dork i have ever seen
    Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
    IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Banned

Hero here is a picture of a flasher for you, maybe you could wear your turnout coat instead of the grey one and wear your little red helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Oh god. Now this has taken a turn that no other whacker thread ever has.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Banned

hero, you need to stop worrying about lights, flash patterns and worry about more important things like training. Did you get all your answers you needed when you posted on the volunteer forum about oxygen in scba's?. all the threads you have posted have been about lights. as you found out in the other forum you have a lot to learn about firefighting especially if you think scba's contain oxygen.

Forum Member

Originally posted by pengman
    Did you get all your answers you needed when you posted on the volunteer forum about oxygen in scba's?...as you found out in the other forum you have a lot to learn about firefighting especially if you think scba's contain oxygen.
    What!!! Then what have i been breathing??? Actually that's a comon sense thing,
    O2 = Flamable FIre = Flames + Heat
    thus O2 + Flames = BOOM
    Any questions class?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Forum Member

Originally posted by pengman
    Hero here is a picture of a flasher for you, maybe you could wear your turnout coat instead of the grey one and wear your little red helmet
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Hero is just an explorer or Jr or something. He posted in another thread (can't remember if it was the Oxygen one or the one about putting lights in his bicycle since he isn't old enough to drive) that he has only been a jr/explorer/whatever for 2 weeks!!!!!

LOSER!!!!!!!!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Exclamation

Originally posted by Lewie1
    Try this link
    http://www.galls.com/techsupport.html#flash

WHACKER WORLD USA === GALLS.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Come on guys;
    Is it really that hard for all of you to remember back when you were just a bright eyed newbie, searching for a house to call your home? Granted, some people are so crusted over it's impossible to break through to the humanity, but for a lot of us, I would dare say that, at some point or other, we were just as dazed and confused as the next one. Right or wrong?
    Isiah 43: When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    9-11-01. We Will Never Forget You.

Forum Member

Originally posted by SkipJack270
    Come on guys;
    Is it really that hard for all of you to remember back when you were just a bright eyed newbie, searching for a house to call your home? Granted, some people are so crusted over it's impossible to break through to the humanity, but for a lot of us, I would dare say that, at some point or other, we were just as dazed and confused as the next one. Right or wrong?
    Good point. But this could have all been avoided if he/she had posted in another section. Next time try the apparatus or explorer sections.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Hey it's no problem, at least everyone on this board is so friendly... I mean why on earth would I even want to ask a question here? Don't you guys have anything better to do than shut down every bigginer that enters this wastland!? God forbid I should ask a simple question about flash patters, hey I heard some guys discussing it at the firehouse the other night, so I was curious, gee sorry, remind me not to ask that one again, I guess in this instance curiosity really did kill the cat.
    Honestly fellas, your all calling me "immature" for a "Whacker" for asking such questions, but in all senses of "Immature" your the ones calling a kid a "loser" Jesus christ, does anyone know anything about respect!? You'd think I stumbled upon a huvle filled with cavemen when I found this forum. For adults who call yourself "experienced firemen" you guys are the real losers here. I've put up with a lot of crap that you guys have said to me, and I've respectively replied that I'm new and trying to learn, despite me questions being stupid. I mean, I asked about SCBA's and I guess I was stupid enough to say "oxygen"; you all jumped down my throat as if I'd just insulted your families. I'm trying my hardest to get the slightest bit of information on my own so when I go to meetings I at least look like I know something, granted my first post ever was stupid, "childish", but really it was just a joke to break the ice, and I see it really prejudized my audience here. You guys are far from helpful. I ask a question and get instant replies like "Mwahahahaha" or better yet "What a whacker!". So what if I wanted to know what the differant flash patterns were? My chief was discussing it with some guys and I decided to ask about it here. One person was nice enough to help me out, and I thank him for it. Once someone sees my question has been answered, can't it be left at that? God no, you all have to fill up two pages insulting me. My friend who's 18 was interested in installing flashers on his 300m, and I thought it would be cool if I helped him having prior knowledge of how to install them, that I got from this "helpful" forum. But noooo, I'm just labeled a "Stupid whacker"
    I bet all of you will now jump down my throat saying "Relax" or "Chill out", or better yet "Why do you care so much?" But you know what? this kinda stuff isn't fair to anyone, especially someone my age who so desperatly wants to become an excuse firefighter and desperately wants to make even the slightest impression on the guys at my station, by knowing even the stupidest or minutest fact.

Thanks alot everyone, I apreciate all of your "help" I'm out of here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Oh Deary Deary Me.....

especially someone my age who so desperatly wants to become an excuse firefighter and desperately wants to make even the slightest impression on the guys at my station, by knowing even the stupidest or minutest fact.
    Trust me on this one...... well actually, trust me on these two....

1) You can impress the guys at the station by knowing the vehicles, equipment, dept. protocols and your role within the group. There are many many aspects of firefighting to take the time to learn, I'd put flash patterns way down the list.. somewhere after which toilet cleaner, Lysol or Comet, does the best job on making the urinals sparkle!!!!

2) Not trying to throw stones, but if you ever have to write a professional report, make sure you use spell check!! After your done impressing the blokes at the station with your new found fire knowledge, impress us here with paragraphs and good spelling.

Have a great and enjoyable career.

Cheers

former FH.com member

Before you go off in a huff....

You should know that a lot of what you are having to go through is a result of those that came before you. Hang around here for any length of time and you'll see a ton of "1 post wonders" who just seemed to be involved in the fire service for the most superficial and assinine reasons. These posters contributed practically nothing to these forums but attitude and poorly composed childish posts full of insults. Sadly, a lot of these people started off asking the same kinds of things you did. If you are truly here to contribute and learn then WELCOME! Don't mind the Brothers, we can be trigger happy at times.

Thread Information