Thread: Haircuts

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    backdraft663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio Area
    Posts
    865

    Default Haircuts

    What type of haircut you got? I just got mine done, I got a high and tight, it don't look to bad on me. So what do you have?
    Ryan

    I.A.C.O.J. Probie

    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

    Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    stm4710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Search!!!!!!!!!! This was seriously done like 2-3 weeks ago.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ffemtPAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    209

    Default

    hey, let's give the probie a break. In the 2-3 weeks we could all have gotten new haircuts!! Actually I'm thinking of getting a new do for the summer. Maybe blonde highlights? I'll keep you posted. (just kidding )
    PAJ

    IACOJ Rehab Sector

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    backdraft663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio Area
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Originally posted by stm4710
    Search!!!!!!!!!! This was seriously done like 2-3 weeks ago.
    Hey I did search, and only found something on hair lenght. Also what he said things change.
    Ryan

    I.A.C.O.J. Probie

    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

    Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    PattyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Mine is curly, unruly, messy, and all over the place.
    (and i have a small patch behind my ear where my hair kinda caught fire a few weeks ago, buts its not too noticable now)
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

    For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Res343cue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your 1st due.
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Short, pretty much just bald really.

    I doubt it's even 1/32" right now.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Weruj1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    7,857

    Default

    balderific !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    383

    Default

    High and tight. Get a haircut every two weeks. Have to keep it cut short to hide the gray. Only 33 years old but I have alot of gray. Does not bother me the gray that is, just an easy way to not to have to listen to my fellow f.f. give me s#@t about it. Seriously thinking about letting the back go into pony tail. I would donate the hair to a group that makes hairpiece for people with illnesses that make them loose their hair. Just do not know if I could stand it for so many years.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,269

    Wink

    I get mine cut every 6 weeks from a lady at a beauty shop, who has been cutting my hair for 15 years. She knows how I want it and I just sit down in her chair for 15 minutes and she does her job. I wear it like I want to. Sometimes it is over my ears or collar but what the heck. I am my self. I don't mine the grey, if I was trying to hide it, then I guess I would have to shave my head.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #10
    dazed and confused
    Resq14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer
    She knows how I want it and I just sit down in her chair for 15 minutes and she does her job.

    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber
    pvfire424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kansas City Mo
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Since I am a cheapskate, my hair is cut however my wife feels like cutting it. but It turns out to be a modified high & tight

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber
    sbfdco1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ><(((*>
    Posts
    556

    Default

    This is how I roll ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

    September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Haven't had a high and tight since graduation day from Parris Island almost two decades ago, never plan on having my hair that short ever again(atleast by choice, but god has given me a thick head of hair and good genes in that area, so bar a health related loss, I think I am good to go.)
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Originally posted by SSHANK42
    High and tight. Get a haircut every two weeks. Have to keep it cut short to hide the gray. Only 33 years old but I have alot of gray. Does not bother me the gray that is, just an easy way to not to have to listen to my fellow f.f. give me s#@t about it. Seriously thinking about letting the back go into pony tail. I would donate the hair to a group that makes hairpiece for people with illnesses that make them loose their hair. Just do not know if I could stand it for so many years.
    You belong to a department that will allow you a ponytail
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    Haven't had a high and tight since graduation day from Parris Island almost two decades ago, never plan on having my hair that short ever again(atleast by choice, but god has given me a thick head of hair and good genes in that area, so bar a health related loss, I think I am good to go.)
    Parris Island. Oh the memories (or nightmares). When were you on the island and what battalion were you in??? I was in 3rd Batt, 9/83-10/83, till I popped a disk in my back and got sent home.

    BTW, short (1/2"). Do it myself except for the back which the wife does.
    Last edited by Dave1983; 05-02-2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Originally posted by Dave1983


    Parris Island. Oh the memories (or nightmares). When were you on the island and what battalion were you in??? I was in 3rd Batt, 9/83-10/83, till I popped a disk in my back and got sent home.

    BTW, short (1/2"). Do it myself except for the back which the wife does.
    3rd Bn, Mike Company, Plt 3104-89
    You could be retired by now, I would be very close!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  17. #17
    Forum Member
    Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    3rd Bn, Mike Company, Plt 3104-89
    You could be retired by now, I would be very close!
    I think I was in "I" co, plt 3007. I wasnt going to make it a carrer, so I would have been out years ago. But they gave me an ELS so I could go home and get the back taken care of. But I joined the FD and never went back.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Originally posted by Dave1983


    I think I was in "I" co, plt 3007. I wasnt going to make it a carrer, so I would have been out years ago. But they gave me an ELS so I could go home and get the back taken care of. But I joined the FD and never went back.
    Your platoon must have been there over X-mas! That would suck, I got out two days before.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    Your platoon must have been there over X-mas! That would suck, I got out two days before.
    Yes, they would have been. I think our graduation was set for the 28th or 29th of December Not sure though, its been 20 years and I'm lucky if I can recall things from last week

    BTW, did they still have any of the old wooden barracks when you were there? I know they were in the process of phasing them out in '83, but they still had some over by (I think) 2nd Batt, that they were using for new arrival processing.
    Last edited by Dave1983; 05-02-2005 at 06:31 PM.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  20. #20
    Forum Member
    firenresq77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Depends.... usually bald, but lately I've been too lazy and it's just cut short with the clippers...... In desperate need to get it cut again....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

  21. #21
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Originally posted by Dave1983


    Yes, they would have been. I think our graduation was set for the 28th or 29th of December Not sure though, its been 20 years and I'm lucky if I can recall things from last week

    BTW, did they still have any of the old wooden barracks when you were there? I know they were in the process of phasing them out in '83, but they still had some over by (I think) 2nd Batt, that they were using for new arrival processing.
    The only ones left were out at the rifle range, and the only one used for recruit housing was retired with the series ahead of mine. The rest were used as classrooms.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    fireguy919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    eastern Ohio
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Number 3 buzz cut.

  23. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Anyone have a mullet???
    Last edited by pengman; 05-03-2005 at 04:01 PM.

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber
    sbfdco1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ><(((*>
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Originally posted by pengman
    Anyone have a mullet???
    My, what a lovely family you have Pengman ...


    Pix courtesy of http://www.mulletlovers.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

    September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

  25. #25
    MembersZone Subscriber
    sbfdco1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    ><(((*>
    Posts
    556

    Default

    AHHH, Pengman - you edited your post ...
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

    September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

    BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register