Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: If you were Jennifer Wilbanks' fiancee, what would you do?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start planning new wedding date

1 2.00%
  • Delay wedding, but stay engaged

3 6.00%
  • Encourage elopement

1 2.00%
  • Dump her altogether

45 90.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you dump Jennifer Wilbanks?

All right, we've heard all the runaway bride story. Her man is standing by her so far, but how many of us would do the same?

And should she have to cough up some of the cost of her search? As our county SAR coordinator, I have had my share of searches where nobody turned out to be lost, but they have always been due to miscommunication or other honest mistakes. I would be pretty irate to conduct this type of search only because somebody's spoiled brat got cold feet. She's 32; she should be more mature than that.

Guess how I voted!!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

This also isn't the first time she's ran away instead of getting married...
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Originally posted by DrParasite
    same guy?

Yea, she has to go. Wonder where she'll run when it comes time to pick a color for the babies room.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Default Re: Would you dump Jennifer Wilbanks?

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    All right, we've heard all the runaway bride story. Her man is standing by her so far, but how many of us would do the same?

And should she have to cough up some of the cost of her search? As our county SAR coordinator, I have had my share of searches where nobody turned out to be lost, but they have always been due to miscommunication or other honest mistakes. I would be pretty irate to conduct this type of search only because somebody's spoiled brat got cold feet. She's 32; she should be more mature than that.

Guess how I voted!!
    She should absolutely be responsible for the costs. How much time and money was expended in this little chirade? Considering how many people have come up legitimately missing, her excuse that she is a "flee-ance" means squat. She knew that people had to be looking for her, or she's got the IQ of a rock.

We had a teenager stage their disapppearance, and they were being sought nationally. The Center for Missing and Exploited Children flew several people into the city to assist in the investigation. She was found to be hiding at a friend's apartment. She was charged criminally, and prosecutors are going after the costs incurred in the investigation as well.

Originally posted by Dr Parasite
    Interesting...that's the first I've heard of that, but I haven't kept up with the details. Knowing that, it would be interesting to learn what made the family/friends think this incident was different from the rest.

There's more to this story than we've heard.
    Last edited by Steamer; 05-03-2005 at 11:36 AM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

from what I heard on the radio, this was the first time she ran away from this guy, but she has ran away from other guys in the past.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

It would be eharmony.com time.......32 yrs old and she doesn't have the ability or sense to say "ummm, time out here"...see ya.

Thumbs down

Dump her.

Too many good women out there.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Default Would you dump Jennifer Wilbanks?

Youbecherassiwould!

She would be so far out the door she wouldnt need to run away!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

Look at this another way...

What is the big deal about a woman taking off a few days before her wedding? She wasn't a celebrity, there was no information that showed any criminal activity, so why was this such a big deal?

The reason is one word...M-E-D-I-A! All those 24 hour news outlets were DYING to have another Scott Peterson case. Their commentary clearly showed a bias that the fiance had killed her and he was covering it up. "He won't take a polygraph!" News flash folks...any person who is represented by a mildly competent defense attorney will refuse a polygraph.

This was a disgusting example of media bias and ratings prostitution.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Look at this another way...

What is the big deal about a woman taking off a few days before her wedding? She wasn't a celebrity, there was no information that showed any criminal activity, so why was this such a big deal?

The reason is one word...M-E-D-I-A! All those 24 hour news outlets were DYING to have another Scott Peterson case. Their commentary clearly showed a bias that the fiance had killed her and he was covering it up. "He won't take a polygraph!" News flash folks...any person who is represented by a mildly competent defense attorney will refuse a polygraph.

This was a disgusting example of media bias and ratings prostitution.
    If the family had not used the media to try and get the word out, it would not have gotten as big as it did. The media was the used entity here, not the family or law enforcement.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    If the family had not used the media to try and get the word out, it would not have gotten as big as it did. The media was the used entity here, not the family or law enforcement.
    No way!

It was efficient to use it as an outlet to get out the word locally. The wall-to-wall coverage was excessive, unnecesary and unprofessional.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

No way!

It was efficient to use it as an outlet to get out the word locally. The wall-to-wall coverage was excessive, unnecesary and unprofessional.
    It is the covereage the the family went after, they are the ones that used the media, they are the ones that went to the networks to get the word out on the morning shows.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Originally posted by sbfdco1

Yea, she has to go. Wonder where she'll run when it comes time to pick a color for the babies room.
    Or worse! Can you see this guy getting a phone call at work from his wife because she just killed their kids? Can you say Andrea Yates? Can you say PSYCHO?!!!

This girl scares me. She is extremely unstable for a 32 year old.

If she can lie to the police so easily (I heard the 911 tapes), then who knows what else she is capable of lying about. Perhaps a financial issue? Perhaps a drug or alcohol or a gambling addiction? Perhaps some infidelity? Perhaps a pregnancy or even a miscarriage? Perhaps who is the real father?

Stable women (now there's an oxymoron ) are hard enough to handle. Would you really want to be married to this compulsive liar?
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

MembersZone Subscriber

Stable women (now there's an oxymoron )are hard enough to handle.

Seeing as how in a few weeks, I will be jumping off this, does that make me unstable and easy to handle?

SKY JUMP: 192m (630ft) - NZ's HIGHEST JUMP

Jumpstart your Kiwi adventure by leaping from Auckland's spectacular Sky Tower – the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere! Fall at approx 75kph for around 16 seconds before slowing in the last few metres to land gently. Ground rush is unbeatable. Unlike bungy - there is no hanging upside down or bouncing around...You simply fall fast & smooth.... for 192m!

Good luck and have fun.

But seriously, what do you think of this girl?

Even if the sex is incredible , I got to let her go.

BTW -- What's for dinner tonight?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default to answer your questions

1. Thanks, I am looking forward to it. I have never been to Auckland or New Zealand. I did already check the international Starbucks locations to assure myself of my morning coffee too.

2. I agree with Steve. I think she should be charged. Her little escapade amounts to negligent behavior. Send her the bill. As for the boyfriend, he can't be that desperate. Dump her!

3. starter..

fresh fennel thinly sliced, drizzled with olive oil and topped with grated Parmigiano=Reggiano and green olives

main course...

spice roasted porterhouse steaks
    toasted coriander seeds, crushed peppercorns, freshly chopped thyme and rosemary rubbed over steak then oven roasted

side....

Crispy herb roasted potatoes

baby heirloom potatoes cut in half, rubbed with spices and oven roasted till crispy

salad....

Warm mushroom and stilton salad

sauteed mushrooms and shallots served over a bed of mixed baby greens tossed with crumbled Stilton cheese and a sherry-wine vinegarette

Cheffie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Sounds like it could be Jennifer's wedding reception dinner!

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

Might as well crash the party, too, since there will be at least one extra plate. . .
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Dump the crazy lady!! I'm with George on this. The family did what every other family would do. Try to get the word out in case others may see her...... The media got the word out. They were also getting info from the PD, who were investigating it like they should....

Bottom line is that the fault of all of this lies on the cowardous bl+(# who made the whole thing up. I hope she is found guilty on the charges and is forced to pay for the costs of the search and investigations.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

I know I might try and hang in there.........but I bet it wont last ....also I agree that she should have to pay for her search since SHE faked her abduction. If she just left and didnt tell anyone that happens all the time and no heres crap about it. If she hadnt said anything but the truth.........no way should she have to pay.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information