Thread: 3rd watch

Lightbulb 3rd watch

is it just me or does anybody else want to see a DVD collection of the first few seasons of third watch come out.......
    Last edited by hrfes1; 05-04-2005 at 04:49 PM.

Forum Member

The first seasons, maybe, the recent ones, it's probably just you.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

ya the new 1's kinda suck

i would only like to see the first few seaons on DVD

the new 1's have no fire content

Forum Member

And only EMS drama.
    It's all about the cops, which just makes it yet another mediocre cop show on TV

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DanTCFD
    And only EMS drama.
    It's all about the cops, which just makes it yet another mediocre cop show on TV
    Not anymore after this Friday...
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Yeah, they'll finally have another "good" episode..

Doc will be back, as well as Jimmy.

Thank god it's the last one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Absolutely. It's a shame that Third Watch hasn't had any fire scenes recently, but it's still a good show regardless. I'm sure that eventually it will come out on DVD. After all, everything else has.

Forum Member

did anyone actually watch this? I missed the first 26 minutes of the show, so I didn't get to see any of the fire scene (damn alarm clock didn't go off). can someone tell me how it started, as well as what role Jimmy played?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

At least you got to see some of it, I ended up working until 10:30pm and didn't get a chance to see any of it!

I noticed that "doc" had his name on the list of guest stars, I would be interesting in finding out what happen to him (I still think his going crazy episodes ranks right up near the top of all third watch episodes... though it is a shame the writers wrote him out like that).

I too would probably buy the first season or two on DVD, but the last few has seen the entire series turn into another NYPD blue/cop drama and there never seems to be a short supply of those around these days...
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

I saw it. The returning "guest stars" did almost nothing but stand in the background, except for Doc, who had a small scene with Carlos. I found the "phase out" of fire on the show dissapointing as well, but I kind of liked the somewhat darker atmosphere it had taken on this past season. Still mediocre overall by the end, but in an entertainment environment dominated by pseudo-reality crap TV, not even close to the worst thing on, either.

Forum Member

That's to bad....

...I would have liked it if they had have done an episode where they show where everyone has moved on to in their 'lives' as characters... the last I heard, Jimmy was supposed to be on a rescue across town, and nothing was ever said about Doc again (I figured that they would have shown him with another department somewhere), etc, etc, etc, etc... sort of like closure to those that have watched the show since the first season...

I agree, the last few seasons have not been great, but certainly not the worse thing to watch, BY FAR!
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

I got this off of tvtome.com

The future that Sully narrates is as follows: the 5-5 will no longer be on the corner of King & Arthur (Camelot)- instead it will be built on another location. Carlos & Holly were married one month after the 5-5 was blown up and moved to Long Island and have three kids. Lt. Swersky retired after being Deputy Major to spend time with his twelve grandkids. Ty became Liuetenant of Anti-Crime and Brandon his Sargent. Sasha decided to run for City Council and she and Ty are still seeing each other with plans to get married sometime in the future. Grace after three more years as a Paramedic on the streets ended up teaching (just like her mother wanted) to future Paramedics. She & Brandon are married one year and are expecting their first child. Faith ended up meeting up with Captain Miller over at Major Cases where they decided they might move in together after Emily finishes College. Bosco workes in Bed-Sty doing the same old thing he always does. Sargent Cruz was a "Medal of Honor" Posthumorsly do to the fact that she managed to take down Marcel Hollis and that someone (Manny) leaves a rose on her grave every morning. Sully bought himself a piece of land with a cabin and fishes most of the day away.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

Default From what I saw on the last episode...

To add to what backdraft663 wrote...
    When they show a bit Carlos's wedding at the end of the episode Jimmy and Kim are seen together with a baby in Kim's arms.
    Sully also talked about the firefighters...DK and Walsh and Jimmy(I think) all got promotions, saved 17 ppl in a fire, and received some medal or award for that.
    A month after the fire at the 55 Carlos is in a tux at a mental institute an hour before his wedding. He is there to see Doc to ask him about how to have a succussful marriage. That's all we see of Doc. Safe to assume he remains in the mental institution for a while.

Forum Member

The fire scene in the last episode was pretty good, I happened to like the part where they used the tower ladder to ram the bars over the windows so that they could get in and rescue Officer Monroe and Sargent Cruz.

Man oh man I hate to see that show go.

I would love it if they put seasons out in box sets. Until then I'm stuck watching reruns on A&E.
    All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

Forum Member

Sgt. Cruz and Sasha were about the only 2 reasons it would still be worth watching......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I happened to like the part where they used the tower ladder to ram the bars over the windows
    Me too... "the saw will take too long...push it in!" With that the stick went up swung around and pushed through the security bars and what was left of the glass.

oh and hey medicchick... obviously I knew what you were talking about so you done good kid, but for future reference and before some 2/20 guy jumps you for not knowing what the hell you're talking about, it was a straight stick not a tower ladder . Although I have to admit, it would be pretty cool and would take a pretty big window to ram the bucket of a tower ladder through it

Thread Information