Thread: scanning

MembersZone Subscriber

Question scanning

am a part time firefighter and am looking for more call alerting than just scanner or minitor pager, does anyone know a cost effective way i could "rig" up station tones or a light to go off when pager is alerted. I know sounds goofy but some one else has had to have done it. also would go great with fire house theme to finish my basement.

MembersZone Subscriber

A little on the Whacker side brother so be prepared for some sarcastic responses

Veetronix makes the Alert receiver that has switched outputs on the back that are powered up when it decodes your tones. You could hook these up to light switches, a garage door opener and if you really wanted to go overboard a bell.

If I did this stuff I'd end up in divorce court but if you can get away with it, more power to ya
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10
    If I did this stuff I'd end up in divorce court but if you can get away with it, more power to ya
    Moe, then you could move to our neck of the woods!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    Moe, then you could move to our neck of the woods!!!
    Sorry bro...I like you guys but not THAT much

Besides, never say never, as long as the Northwood Schools keep passing levies there's always a chance of talking her into moving
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! we are trying Moe ! Thats funny !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Exclamation Re: scanning

Originally posted by southparkfd1
    am a part time firefighter and am looking for more call alerting than just scanner or minitor pager, does anyone know a cost effective way i could "rig" up station tones or a light to go off when pager is alerted. I know sounds goofy but some one else has had to have done it. also would go great with fire house theme to finish my basement.

Back in the 1960's we had boxes (alert radio receiver) that had a regular door bell hooked up to the thing, so when the tones hit, the bell would ring.

I have no idea how it was rigged but it worked.

If you are using a minitor, get them to get you a amp/charger. It is about three times as big as the regular charger and adjusted correctly, it will blast you from a coma!!!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I just have to ask a question, why do you want to turn your home into a fire station? If you have a Minitor it should be close enough to hear if you keep the charger by your bed, and wear the pager on your belt. I have known guys who rig up thier houses and they are now all either divorced or cant get a girlfriend to stick around for more than a couple weeks. I dont want to kill your buzz man but dont be a FARKLE.

Thread Information