MembersZone Subscriber

Default You want to understand fire? Free online training.

Go to cfitrainer.net to complete a FREE online training course entitled Introduction to Fire Dynamics and Fire Modeling. Here is the course description:

This program takes you inside the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) archives of some of the most interesting and instructive test burns and fire model simulations they have ever conducted. See abstract principles like heat release rate and fluid dynamics at work. Experience the factors that affect fire growth in compartment fires, and hear from NIST experts how fire modeling works and what it can do for you.

The folks at NIST are without a doubt the most knowledgable people on the planet in regards to the physical and scientific aspects of fire. I have completed this course. It is accompanied with an extensive reading list. Allocate about four hours total for this course (you can quit and go back once you are registered). This site will set the standard for fire service online training in the future.

cfitrainer.net is brought to you by the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI).

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

It looks great. I went to the site earlier this week when I saw it posted on the homepage here. Once final exams are done, I will have time to do this course. I might even be able to understand some of it.

Thread Information