Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Col David Hackworth R.I.P.

Despite Norm's (aka GeorgeWendtCFI) claims that Hackworth is crazy. Thereby letting us know that Norm is delusional. Col. Hackworth was truly a remarkable American who served his country and never forgot about the man (and now woman) who does the actual fighting. It isn't the bureaucrats in uniform or the politician who dresses up and pretends, but the ordinary young man and woman who runs off to fight when his country calls. Most of whom we will never know. His clarity in this manner was unparalleled in my opinion, and we as Americans were fortunate to have had such an individual in our midst.

His book About Face is truly one of the greatest novels of a man who came from humble beginnings and became one of the greatest warriors and consequently greatest advocates for peace in my lifetime.

David Hackworth R.I.P.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

SC.. I can respect Col. Hackworth's military service and his courage to speak his opinion, but to use his passing as an excuse to toss a shot at George is, at best, exteremly poor taste.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Colonel David H. Hackworth was America's most decorated living soldier, with more than one hundred awards, including two Distinguished Service Crosses, ten Silver Stars, eight Bronze Stars for valor, and eight Purple Hearts, which he considers the most meaningful because, he says, "they can't be faked."

ENTITLEMENTS OF COL. DAVID H. HACKWORTH
    (U.S. ARMY, RETIRED)

AWARDS & DECORATIONS
    COLONEL DAVID H. HACKWORTH
    (U.S. ARMY, RETIRED)

Individual Decorations & Service Medals:

Distinguished Service Cross (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)
    Silver Star (with nine Oak Leaf Clusters)
    Legion of Merit (with three Oak Leaf Clusters)
    Distinguished Flying Cross
    Bronze Star Medal (with "V" Device & seven Oak Leaf Clusters)(Seven of the awards for heroism)
    Purple Heart (with seven Oak Leaf Clusters)
    Air Medal (with "V" Device & Numeral 34)(One for heroism and 33 for aerial achievement)
    Army Commendation Medal (w/ "V" Device & 3 Oak Leaf Clusters)
    Good Conduct Medal
    World War II Victory Medal
    Army of Occupation Medal (with Germany and Japan Clasps)
    National Defense Service Medal (with one Bronze Service Star)
    Korean Service Medal (with Service Stars for eight campaigns)
    Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
    Vietnam Service Medal (2 Silver Service Stars = 10 campaigns)
    Armed Forces Reserve Medal
    Unit Awards:

Presidential Unit Citation
    Valorous Unit Award (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)
    Meritorious Unit Commendation
    Badges & Tabs:

Combat Infantryman Badge (w/ one Star; representing 2 awards)
    Master Parachutist Badge
    Army General Staff Identification Badge
    Foreign Awards:

United Nations Service Medal (Korea)
    Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal with Device (1960)
    Vietnam Cross of Gallantry (with two Gold Stars)
    Vietnam Cross of Gallantry (with two Silver Stars)
    Vietnam Armed Forces Honor Medal (1st Class)
    Vietnam Staff Service Medal (1st Class)
    Vietnam Army Distinguished Service Order, 2d Class
    Vietnam Parachutist Badge (Master Level)
    Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation
    Republic of Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation
    Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation (with three Palm oak leaf clusters)
    Republic of Vietnam Civil Actions Honor Medal, First Class Unit Citation (with one Palm oak leaf cluster)
    World War II Merchant Marine Awards:

Pacific War Zone Bar
    Victory Medal

R.I.P. Sir.
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    SC.. I can respect Col. Hackworth's military service and his courage to speak his opinion, but to use his passing as an excuse to toss a shot at George is, at best, exteremly poor taste.
    CG. Hackworth was a compelling figure as it relates to the war in Iraq. Almost everything he has predicted has come true. The one prediction that worries me is his prediction that America will be in Iraq for 30 years. I hope that isn't the case. As it relates to our military presence.

Why I blasted Norm (aka George) was because Hackworth's opinions were in direct contradiction of the party line coming out of the Bush administration. And consequently (since Norm gets his opinions from either the Bush pr machine or Fox Jazeera, one and the same), Norm claimed that Hackworth was insane. Since Hackworth's observations have been proven correct and Norm's incorrect, I would have to say that Norm is the insane one.

What you consider a cheap shot in poor taste, I consider a clarification for the record.

And as Spiper pointed out, Hackworth's credentials as a warrior are exemplary. And despite the reputation we on the left coast possess as tofu farting, dope smoking, sandal wearing slackers. Hackworth was born in CA and grew up in beach communities around the south bay portion of Los Angeles. Gotta love that.

Sort of dispels that myth. Similar to the way the USC Trojans took apart Oklahoma U after several of the Sooner players claimed we in CA didn't know how to play football like the way they do in the midwest. And as it turned out judging by the final score, those OU players were correct.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information