Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question LAFD Task Forces

I have a quick question since I read the horrible story about Engine 215 accident.

I know before a couple years ago a Task Force and Light Task Force had a fully staffed Ladder and the 200 series Engine that usually had only Driver. I also know about year ago or so they change Task Force 9 where both Engine 9 and 209 were units with 4 onboard each and the truck was fully staffed too and each unit could respond seperately to seperate incidents if need by. This was largely due to the number of response made by units at Station 9.

So by reading the new article are we to assume that other Task Forces and some Light Task Force have also seen increase in staffing and are now responding seperate too? From what I read from the article this is a conclusion that it would have one draw.

I was wondering what other Task Force have seen their staffing increase or have they actually decrease the number of Task Forces to make more Light Task Force in which the Engine is staff with 4 men?

Just wondering.

Thank you before hand.

Abbott.

Forum Member

Things are rarely what they seem on the Fireground, or the Fire Service.

As you earlier observed, LAFD Task Force 9 is the only so-called "Heavy Duty" Task Force in existence.

As for LAFD Engine 215 at the time of the collision, it was merely temporarily cross-staffed while one of the Task Force vehicles was out of service for repairs.

Brian
    Please no e-mail. Public replies only. Thank you!

Forum Member

Okay thanks for the explaination. I know what information I read when they expanded the man power at Station 9 there was some talk that there could be others 200 series Engines that could see full compliment of men. I was just wondering if this was the case or just one of the other units in the Task Force out of service.

Abbott

Thread Information