Question DHS -- New Grant -- CDAP

I have a general question for anyone that knows anything about the federal grants. My agency was sent an email by a friend of mine in Frankfort regarding a grant program that is through DHS but it is call the Responder Knowledge Base - CDAP Grant. I went to their website and applied. Has anyone else heard of this and if so how competitive is this grant and where are the funds coming from. There really wasn't much information jusr some basic instructions and a very small list of which you could only choose one item. Please if anyone has any info please let me know.

Very Respectfully,

Chief, Charles Fisher
    Carlisle County Rural Fire Dept.
    Carlisle County Rescue Squad
    Chief, Charles Fisher
    Carlisle County Rural Fire Department
    Carlisle County Rescue Squad

Forum Member

Care top share a link with us?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It's a pretty straightforward application, I've reviewed a few of these for departments. (Obviously rural departments, since those are the only ones that can apply.) It's another route to try and create a larger area of interoperability and preparedness across the entire country. The funding is a separate pile of money. It was mainly aimed at police departments, but the benefits to other areas was seen, so they opened it up. I don't believe it's as competitive as the AFG by any means, that's why the equipment listing and costs are limited.

Also you'll find it listed as CEDAP in other threads on the forum.

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=69701

The app period closed today at 1700 EST.

MembersZone Subscriber

But, for those who missed the application period...there's a second 'phase' that will be available in a month or so. Keep watch on their website. Rumors say the next phase is better and more comprehensive than the first.

MembersZone Subscriber

We're a rural department ... I'd like to take a look at that one. How do I find them on the 'net?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The web address is www.rkb.mipt.org then search for CEDAP. There should be some guidance docs in there as well as equipment lists that you can use to get ready for the next phase. It's a pretty short and sweet application.

Forum Member

Default CEDAP Phase 2

Phase 2 of the CEDAP grant is set for October 1, 2005.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea when we might be notified if we were awarded in Round 1?

Forum Member

illinois, and finally about to start construction

phase one has already started awarding, if you go to the grant website there is a link to e-mail them and they will search for your grant to see if you were awarded

MembersZone Subscriber

Have then sent out any denials?

MembersZone Subscriber

Any new news here?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have this available on our site. If you need questions answered or help give us a call.

KB

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard anything on the CEDAP program awards?

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

For those interested in who won awards or more infromation regarding CEDAP I have that information here:

http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/le_cedap.html
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

According the CEDAP folks, the list you have one your site was for the first round under CEDAP I for those applications who scored high. They stated there will be a second round under CEDAP I which was supposed to happen in late JULY. Any news on this second round or are they just rolling that into the second phase of CEDAP?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink CEDAP Winners

You are correct that it is only for what has been announced so far but, that is all they have published at this time. There is a second round ,for another $6 million in funding, which has not been announced as of yet. My sources say it will probably be in September.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 08-06-2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Default Commercial Equipment Direct Assistance Program (CEDAP)

Anyone who needs information the CEDAP program should go to the Responder Knowledge Base (www.rkb.mipt.org). After registering, use the red "Search the RKB" button at the top of the page, and select Major Programs, then CEDAP. That will take you to a page that describes the program. Also check the Home page for news items. We are doing our best to keep people up to date. Some quick notes:

1) Phase 1 of this year's CEDAP program was conducted in two parts. Awards have been made for Part 1, but have not yet been finalized for Part 2. Watch the site and we will keep you posted.

2) Phase 2 of this year's program will have an expanded set of equipment choices, and should be distributing equipment worth in excess of $20 million. The Responder Knowledge Base will again host the on-line application, and the application period will not begin before October 1. It may be closer to November 1 depending upon when we get the go-ahead.

3) The application we're implementing for Phase 2 will give users the ability to save their applications in draft form before submitting, and to check the status of their applications online.

The RKB was established by DHS and the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism to serve the responder community. We're delighted to be able to host the application for CEDAP and participate in a great assistance program. Please use the "Ask an Expert" facility on RKB or send us an email if we can help you.

Don Hewitt
    RKB Program Manager

MembersZone Subscriber

Don,
    On behalf of all of us, thanks for taking time to provide an update on this Forum. This creates a sense, at least in my mind, that you and your staff are in tune with the needs of those of us in the field.

While on the topic, the RKB is a tremendous resource for much more than funding. Almost more there than can be digested.
    Earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Greenacres you are really on the money there. We use them all the time. The Authorized Equipment List is almost a "bible" to make sure what you are asking for in a SHSGP application is somethig they will fund or not. Don, your help is greatly appreciated and keep up the good work.This is a Godsend program for those locked out of UASI money.My "Grant News" article this week was devoted to CEDAP.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I called the CEDAP help desk today and they are still saying they will announce round 2 of phase 1 sometime in august. Has anyone got a Dear John letter on this grant? They said that everyone will be notified one way or another. No AFG this week so hoping for this one.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I don't know about DJs, but one client did get a phone calls asking for some clarifications on the request a week or two ago. I don't believe anything has been put out for sure yet.

Forum Member

I recieved a phone call about two months ago verifying we were still interested and verifying all my contact information. When they called someone on the other end didn't identify themselves as anyone and just started asking questions. Then I asked who this was they verified themeselves and that's the last I have heard from them.

Forum Member

Default Update

The helpdesk is told me today that "sometime in September" they will award.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FireChief827
    The helpdesk is told me today that "sometime in September" they will award.
    September... they didn't specify which year did they?

Forum Member

Question Cedap

How much does anyone know about the program? We were told by a county official that he was notified we were being awarded, but that was several months ago and we have not heard anything...Has anyone received the award that could help me? I'm not sure why he would have been notified but we haven't heard anything since we submitted the application.

Thread Information