Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Research

Default Research

Hi everyone. Hopefully I landed this post in the right forum. I'm a graduate student, finishing up my first semester in a criminal justice program.

My research interest is, obviously, into arson and the surrounding criminal behaviors in juv'vies. I've got about six months before I have to put in my "thesis proposal", and figured I'd troll here for some ideas for it.

I'm definately going to look into something involving arson, likely kids, etc. Something with offender characteristics, etc.

Any thoughts?

MembersZone Subscriber

There are a million papers out there on juvenile firesetters. If you pick this topic, the research will be easy, but you won't ge cutting any new ground. Here's a few thoughts to get you thinking:

1. Serial aronist profile
    2. Fire fighter arsonist profile
    3. Latest development in arosn investigation techniques (burn pattern analysis, fire research, evolution of NFPA 921, etc.)
    4. Analysis of latest legal decisions (Daubert, Magnatek, Kumho Tire, Canon v. Fireman's Fund, Benfield, etc.

When you narrow down to a topic, email me and I'll steer you to some appropriate research sites and sources.

Thread Information