Thread: Happy VE Day

  1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Default Happy VE Day

    Sixty Years ago today was VE day...Victory in Europe...the Day that The British with help from her mighty allies triumphed over the Nazi's.

    As they marched through Europe, they didn't count on the spirit and courage of the people a few miles away across the English Channel...nor the loyalty of her mighty allies.

    To all of our old Allies on here from the Commonwealth and the USA....Thank You... and Thank you for the sacrifices that all of Our Countrymen made in the name of freedom.

    HAPPY VE DAY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    On a side note..........YOU'RE WELCOME, FRANCE!


    Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?
    -Because the German Army likes to march in shade!

    How many French Soldiers does it take to defend Paris?
    -None. It's never been tried.


    Did you hear about the new French Main Battle Tank?
    -It has 7 reverse speeds, and can transmit a surrender message in 9 different languages
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    BFDNJFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    FWDbuff

    I think that was uncalled for this is a day of remembering the sacrifices made by those who had lived and died for freedoms we so cherish today.
    Just because some lousy politicians today over there did not support us in Iraq does not mean its time to reticule the memories of those who have sacrificed for us.

    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL HER ALLIES WHO GAVE US THE FREEDOMS OF TODAY WE SO TAKE FOR GRANTED !



    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

    ------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,412

    Default It wasn't just Iraq

    It wasn't just Iraq (the FIRST OR SECOND TIME, for that matter) there have been many other atrocities committed by the French as well.

    Ask yourself this: Why arent any jokes like I posted about the US Army? Or the Russian Army? Or the British Army?

    The thing that ****es me off the most, though.....A little beach party the Allies threw on 6 June 1944.....And the French, to this day, have the gall to spit in our faces. THAT is what is uncalled for!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by BFDNJFF
    FWDbuff

    I think that was uncalled for this is a day of remembering the sacrifices made by those who had lived and died for freedoms we so cherish today.
    Just because some lousy politicians today over there did not support us in Iraq does not mean its time to reticule the memories of those who have sacrificed for us.

    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL HER ALLIES WHO GAVE US THE FREEDOMS OF TODAY WE SO TAKE FOR GRANTED !



    It's not just the politicians. Do some Googling of the subject.

    I, too, say "Screw France".

    I also say THANK YOU to the greatest generation, for all that they did.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Tillerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York state of mind
    Posts
    139

    Default

    June 6 1944, on Omaha,Gold,sword,Juno and Utah beaches The combined forces of the United States, Brittish and Canadian forces after heavy losses began the liberation of France. Less than a decade after the war, France begins to thank us. All Us Air Force bases in France are closed and forced to relocate after France leaves NATO. Slipping forward into history-1986- US f-111 warplanes from RAF Lakenheath- ( the 48th Tac fighter wing being one of the units kicked out of France) are denied flyover France rights and are forced to take the long was around spain and then into the MED. Because of the added burden of fly time and fuel, one did not return .Thanks FRANCE. Gulf war,- France refuses to join the Coalition, condeming Bush as a war monger. They later sent a few troops after bending to political pressure. The list is extensive and I only picked these significant events. SCREW FRANCE.....
    Never trust a smiling dog.
    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
    PTB, EGH, FTM.

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by Tillerman17
    June 6 1944, on Omaha,Gold,sword,Juno and Utah beaches The combined forces of the United States, Brittish and Canadian forces after heavy losses began the liberation of France. Less than a decade after the war, France begins to thank us. All Us Air Force bases in France are closed and forced to relocate after France leaves NATO. Slipping forward into history-1986- US f-111 warplanes from RAF Lakenheath- ( the 48th Tac fighter wing being one of the units kicked out of France) are denied flyover France rights and are forced to take the long was around spain and then into the MED. Because of the added burden of fly time and fuel, one did not return .Thanks FRANCE. Gulf war,- France refuses to join the Coalition, condeming Bush as a war monger. They later sent a few troops after bending to political pressure. The list is extensive and I only picked these significant events. SCREW FRANCE.....
    Yeah. funny how facts shape history, huh?

    Screw France.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    BFDNJFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    i am not saying i like france cause i honestly agree screw france its just that this post was ment to show respect to the ones who gave us a reason to celebrate VE day and not a post to banter about France.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

    ------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Originally posted by BFDNJFF
    i am not saying i like france cause i honestly agree screw france its just that this post was ment to show respect to the ones who gave us a reason to celebrate VE day and not a post to banter about France.
    I think the posters here have definitely shown respect to our forefathers for their onverwhelming sacrifice. I also feel it is 100% appropriate to call attention to the one nation who should have an annual "Kiss the Feet of the Allied WWII Vet" Day, is the one nation who shows the MOST disrespect.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: It wasn't just Iraq

    Originally posted by FWDbuff
    It wasn't just Iraq (the FIRST OR SECOND TIME, for that matter) there have been many other atrocities committed by the French as well.

    Ask yourself this: Why arent any jokes like I posted about the US Army? Or the Russian Army? Or the British Army?

    The thing that ****es me off the most, though.....A little beach party the Allies threw on 6 June 1944.....And the French, to this day, have the gall to spit in our faces. THAT is what is uncalled for!
    I served along side a bunch of great French Marines in Desert Storm, served with some French soldiers in Somolia, so I dont know where you get your First time from. In fact there are still French forces fighting along side our guys in Afganistan. They also passed on their remaining intellegence assets in Indo-China/Vietnam, except for the current operations in Iraq, I would say they have been pretty good friends of ours since WWII, and incase you did not notice, the Queen's subjects directly north of us have not been supportative in Iraq this go round either.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    and incase you did not notice, the Queen's subjects directly north of us have not been supportative in Iraq this go round either.
    Boy, did I get in trouble the last time I went down this road.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Originally posted by Tillerman17
    June 6 1944, on Omaha,Gold,sword,Juno and Utah beaches The combined forces of the United States, Brittish and Canadian forces after heavy losses began the liberation of France. Less than a decade after the war, France begins to thank us. All Us Air Force bases in France are closed and forced to relocate after France leaves NATO. Slipping forward into history-1986- US f-111 warplanes from RAF Lakenheath- ( the 48th Tac fighter wing being one of the units kicked out of France) are denied flyover France rights and are forced to take the long was around spain and then into the MED. Because of the added burden of fly time and fuel, one did not return .Thanks FRANCE. Gulf war,- France refuses to join the Coalition, condeming Bush as a war monger. They later sent a few troops after bending to political pressure. The list is extensive and I only picked these significant events. SCREW FRANCE.....
    Could EASILY have been avoided by using only Naval Aviation or staging out of Italy. However, the USAF insisted on taking part in the mission. Add on to the fact that Spain did not allow any short cut over their air space either, and that they were shot down, it is not like they fell asleep and droped into the ocean.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Jeeeezzzz
    Leave the Europeans out of this already....

    I only wished you all a Happy VE day before I got clubbed over the head and hijacked.

    Anyway, the day is passed now so carry on arguing over the French/Spanish/Italians...just leave us out of it!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Originally posted by SteveDude
    Jeeeezzzz
    Leave the Europeans out of this already....

    I only wished you all a Happy VE day before I got clubbed over the head and hijacked.

    Anyway, the day is passed now so carry on arguing over the French/Spanish/Italians...just leave us out of it!!!!
    But you are already hip deep in it with us! Thanks!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber
    SteveDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Originally posted by DennisTheMenace
    But you are already hip deep in it with us! Thanks!
    Oh yeah...No problem with that... we'll walk to hell and back with our friends...

    I meant leave us out of the France/Spain/Italy argument.... or else we'll have no where to go on Holiday...apart from Florida of course...oh well, that's not so bad after all.....OK carry on!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

    London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


    'Irony'... It's a British thing.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    EFD840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Eclectic (no, NOT electric), Alabama
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Back to VE day...

    Steve, here's a tip of the hat to the UK and her commonwealth allies that stood alone against the Axis from 6-22-40 to 6-22-41.

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Mexico, U.S.A.
    Posts
    181

    Thumbs up Good Thread!

    My Great Uncle was killed a few days after making the jump at Normandy. We found a man who knew him a couple years ago. He last saw Jimmie alive June 11, 1944. Among his personal effects sent home was his U.S. Army Paratroop I.D. bracelet which I still wear from time to time.
    My Grandfather was a B-25 bombadier and navigator. He was an instructor and did not see combat. However, he did walk away from a plane crash a few days before he was discharged. I lost him last year at the age of 86.

    For those who came back to live their lives and to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice I salute you all. In memory:

    Jimmie Millican, U.S. Army, 82nd Airborne
    Frank H. Jones, U.S. Army Air Corp

    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
    Last edited by FF2BKE; 05-11-2005 at 09:46 AM.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

    "Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register