Forum Member

Question Anybody Applied with AMR

I'm an EMT-B and FF-II but have no job experiance. I recently applied with AMR for two positions, Summit/Stark county and Akron. I sent the completed apps with resumes to the addresses from thier website about 2 weeks ago. I have not herd anything back.

Should I call the supervisors? What should I say to them? I have never applied with AMR before, and do not know anybody who works for them, so any input, help or tips you could provide would be great.

Thanks,
    Lammrover
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Likewise

I am in the same situation Lammrover. I put in an application and have not heard anything and was not sure what to do.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Default Nothing...

My husband applied over a month and a half ago and still hasn't heard anything. I'm not sure what you have to do to get a job with them. This is just me, but I'd call them. I think he did, but I don't think he got in touch with anyone. IMO, the squeaky wheel gets oiled first, and you'll either let them know you're interested, or annoy them into giving you an interview...

Forum Member

As a former AMR grunt, I will tell you that your situation is not uncommon. If memory serves me correct, they typically wait til they have openings to call people back. I doesn't hurt to call up the HR dept and say

"Hi I am _______ , I submitted an application online a few weeks ago. I am just calling to check on the status of my application, and weather you are currently hiring."

Something like that usually works..it keeps YOUR name fresh in their minds.

As far as Stark/Summit County...a great place to work (especially Stark)...but that makes it harder to get in.

Good luck

Andy

Forum Member

Unhappy

Well, I know they have 8 job openings in 2 areas near me so i applied for both. Perhaps because I mailed my application, I will call to confirm it arrived, then take it from there.

Lamm
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

If you not to far from their office you might go in person. Might be a better way to talk to a live body

MembersZone Subscriber

i work for amr in stark and your best option is to go there and apply in person and take their entrance exam the same day

by the way make sure you can lift some weight cause the physical agility gets some people

Forum Member

Do you have to be 18 or 21 to work for AMR?

MembersZone Subscriber

18 i got hired at 19, amr is self insured so its their own discretion

Thread Information