Thread: ladder belts

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ladder belts

need to find a new ladderbelt for my dept. what do you use?

Forum Member

just a hunch here, but I bet if you did a search for "ladder belts" you could find tons of responses.

I'm not sure what my department uses, so I really can't help you.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

we got 2 in the tower ...........got no idea who made/makes them. Hell I dont even know if a search will work .......
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

we have Gemtor class II harnesses on our gear, we carry some extra class II belts on the truck just in case, but all sets of gear have a harness on them. here is a picture: http://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.cfm?cID=1071

MembersZone Subscriber

Can you still use belts? Thought that they had gone away to be replaced by harnesses on ladders. Our county doesn't use them anymore. I know the private sector stopped using them a few years ago for construction. The company had a few and I retrieved 2 from the trash when they went to all harnesses. Probably threw a dozen away because somebody said no need to keep them if we can't use them. I gave the 2 I salvaged to the town the rest were cut up for parts (rings, snaps, or what ever).
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

Forum Member

My volunteer department issues Gemtor class II harnesses to every member of the FAST team, and as of this gear fitting, they are going to issue them to ALL interior firefighters (I'm in this next fitting...Lucky Me =D ) As for our trucks, we originally had ordered a few Yates Ladderman Class II Harnesses. Most of the guys prefer Gemtor's. I haven't used a Gemtor, but from what I see, the built-in "teather" will be a lot easier to use then fishing around trying to find the teathers for the Yates belts.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Thread Information