Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Is anyone will to answer a few questions for me?

Hi,
    My name is Jamie and I live in Montana. In my sixth period history class we are doing a project on reverence. Everyone in the class got to choose what they did their project on. And I choose to do my on a fire fighter and their experences with 9-11... I feel very rude for even bringing it up because im am sure it brings back alot of painful experiences and memories. But if anyone would like to answer a few questions for me and tell me about their experiences I would be very greatful. Also with this project I will be making a slideshow/video documentary about this event. I just hope I can represent it the way it should be and with the help of a New York Fire Fighter I believe I can do so. Thank you very much
    If you are interested please contact me at Juvenile_angels@hotmail.com or Jaymie_holcomb@yahoo.com Thank you very much for your time.

-Jamie

I would just like to say I am sorry if what I wrote offended anyone and I appoligize for asking for someone to tell the story because it was only a few years ago and much pain still lurks. It was very irrevent of me. I am sorry.

Jamie

Has anyone out there expressed intrest in helping this kid out? Just wondering did not see any posts think I may drop him/her a line to see what questions are being asked?
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Arrow bump

I think you have been very courteous in your request for help and info regarding the events of September 11th. I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to help, you just may have to wait a few days as the posts don't always get read daily, alot of the guys will drop in here while on tour, others do it on their off days. Be patient, I'm sure someone will be along to help you.

Stay safe.
    Jonathan Martin
    martinj@wpi.edu
    WPI Mechanical Engineering
    "Be safe, use smoke detectors...be safer, sleep with a firefighter..."

Forum Member

Jamie,

You have been quite respectful in your approach. I doubt very much that anyone was offended. In my case, I did not respond to your request because my only involvement in the events of September 11 was to watch in horror on tv, and to grieve with the other firefighters at our station hundreds of miles away. Good luck with your report.

MembersZone Subscriber ffemtPAJ's Avatar

Jamie,
    You have been very polite and respectful. I'm not sure how many people on the forum have the direct experience with Sept 11 that you are looking for, but be patient. They will help you if they can. I live 4 states away from NY, but had a cousin (civilian, not FF) who was lost in North Tower. I don't think I've cried so hard in my life than when I saw his picture on the "missing person" web page. Thank you for doing this project and your effort to do it right. We can never forget.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Jamie, I'd be glad to answer any questions. Check your e-mail.

Thank you for all the replies I have gotten it mean alot to me and this project. I do however have one last request that if anyone has any photos of there ladder/dept haveing a good time and enjoying working together.. I would be very greatful if you sent them to.... Juvenile_angels@hotmail.com or Jaymie_holcomb@yahoo.com... Thank you for everyones help

Jamie

Forum Member

Good Luck On This...

Forum Member

In response to you question. I my self was a explorer/jr in sept of 01. I had just started in 1999 as an explorer.
    One of the biggest thing that came out of the events is that it brought the biggest family (all the ff's/emt's/pso's) in the world closer together. Which we were pretty darn close to begin with. It strengthend our bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood.

Also there is a small saying that I adopted in 2000. It is "Fir Na Tine" Which translated means "Men of Fire"

I myself have alittle irish in my blood. I was doing a family tree project in 2000 and traced the blood line back to ireland and to scotland. I found the saying on someones webpage and thought it was cool because it related to my carrer choice of firefighting. At first I thought it was cool, but as time progressed and the events of 9/11 passed the saying had a very deep meaning to it. We are Men of Fire.

I hope your project goes well and good luck!
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Default For anyopne who wants to answer

Hi again,

This is for anyone who wants to answer.... And you can just write on the forum or email me or what ever you want.

What is the best thing about being a firefighter?

What is the worst thing?

What is the hardest thing about being a fire fighter?

What is one of your scarest moments being a firefighter?

What was one of the best times you had being a firefighteR?

Thank you all again for all your responses... Hope you like my presentation!

Jamie

Forum Member

Jamie,

The best thing? The friendship and trust you build with the people you are honoured to serve with.

The worst thing? Wondering if someone would still be alive if you'd done it differently.

The hardest thing? Keeping it together when it's one of your own in that wrecked, upside-down car.

The scariest moment? When you look up from the scene of an MVA to see a car barrelling through the barricades towards you, and don't see how you're going to avoid being hit.

The best time? Every shift, making dinner and joking with the crew, and knowing you're a part of something THAT good.

Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Glad to help

Will e-mail you.

Thread Information