Forum Member

Default For the UK Brothers (and any Man U fans)

As a Red Devil fan since 1980 (when I saw them play here), whats the story from your side of the pond? Are the Man U supporters really talking of turning in their tickets?

For what its worth, Mr. Glazer has been a fantastic owner for our "football" team the Bucaneers. Turned them from a national joke into league champions. The way the club (Man U) has been doing of late, I would think a little boost may be in order (yes, Im still ****ed over Beck's transfer).

But I can only try and imagine the feelings of the die hard Man U supporters, whith a foriegner trying to buy the club.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...333211&cc=5901
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Bump?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Don't be offended becuase no one's replying. It's not that the Man U fans are ignoring you, just that they're not quite bright enough to operate a computer.

Although, I don't think Sir alex is too pleased...
    Last edited by KingHippo; 05-18-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Forum Member

Dave, I'll try and help, although I am not a Man Utd fan by any means. (I'm from Newcastle and supporting them is against the law!).

Many Manchester Utd fans are angry at the "hostile" nature of the takeover and the perception that the existing board of directors has done little to oppose it. In fact there has been very little in the news about what, if anything the board was doing it.

As as fan of the club yourself, you will know that although the season has'nt gone as well as others, the curent team is one of the most expensive, and talented of many years and the feeling of many it seems is how will that be sustained, given the club makes on average 170million per year, and this takeover has plunged the new owners into debt to the tune of about $540million...

There have been protests and talk of many people turning in their season tickets in protest at the new owner, as they belive he will be pocketing the money and not spending on new players etc.

This will be a very interesting time for MUFC, both for the fans and the club as a whole. Alan Sugar, (the UK's Donald Trump), a former football club owner himself has been quoted as saying "I am missing the point of why he (Glazer), is doing this".
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

I'm optimistic that, eventually, it will work itself out and Man Utd will return to the Man Utd we all know and love. I did see some news footage of a small (about 200 people) group that marched in protest sometime last week. In the meantime, I can still cheer for Chelsea!

Cheers!
    "lo que sea, cuando sea, donde sea"

J. Reeves FF/NREMT

http://www.ev911.org
    http://www.careflite.org
    http://www.standbymedical.com

Thread Information