Thread: Bloomberg

Forum Member

Default Bloomberg

I just heard Bloomberg throw a plug in for his unified command structure to this news conference about the collapse on the West Side Highway. I almost spit the water right out of my mouth. Of course he acts like this is a masterful plan and everything is peacful and harmonious.

P.S. As I was typing this he added something else, the Police flew some FF's up here in an NYPD helicopter. Who cares? That has nothing to do with a unified command structure.
    9/11/01 D.C. Joseph "Uncle Joe" Marchbanks
    Battalion 12
    Heaven In Harlem

Tim
    CFD #143

Forum Member

Mayor Bloomberg is a PUTZ.

Forum Member

I was a bit confused when I read the following:

"But everybody in the end if they want to work for the city is going to get together and work together and follow the decisions that the mayor was elected to make." a quote from the Mayor Slaps Down FDNY Rebel Over 9/11 Rules article.

I had to ask myself if New York City has some special exemption from what we were told in little Vermont. That there was a Presidential Directive that you will use NIMS and what ever else the Federal Government says you will or you will not get Federal funds.

Then I read the following about the 9/11 Commission's report in the same article:

The commission's report urged all "emergency response agencies" nationwide to coordinate their ac tions. "When multiple agencies or multiple jurisdictions are involved, they should adopt a unified command," it said.

One of the commissioners, Slade Gorton, told The Post yesterday he was disappointed Bloomberg had made the NYPD the lead agency in hazmat terror situations.

Gorton, a former Republican senator from Washington state, said Bloomberg should "get with it."

"We made a very strong recommendation for a unified command and we were very unhappy that when we came here last year [for hearings] it hadn't been put in place," Gorton said.

"We were so unhappy, in fact, that we even recommended that Congress make it conditional for federal security spending."

Bloomberg insisted he adopted his policy after considering all opinions.

"I've heard everybody's views and you can't have a solution that is going to satisfy everybody," he said.

So what have you been told in your areas? To me NYC is a target and not playing by the rules the Fed's have set up will only hurt them in the long run.

Forum Member

Mayor Bloomberg is a PUTZ.
    o so thats why the man makes more money than all of us put together lolol
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Thread Information