Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Base closures hmmm....I'll tread lightly here. Anyway....these old posts are being closed because YES...they are "waste" in the eyes of the Government. I have been to many old posts...and wondered..how much does it cost to keep this place open when it only have about 100 personnel? Who are only there 1 a month. To me...moving them to a Large base that is close by makes sense. The savings on utilites and the sale of the land could benifit the Grunts on the ground better, b/c of the revenue it would create. Many are not even major instillations so to speak. The personnel there are going to be moved to the Base that are close to them. These are not the same cuts a Clinton.....he closed entire major installations and desbanded entire Divisions.......that's not the intent here.
    IACOJ Member

Add another on the Maine list. Brunswick Naval Air Station.This base has recently had a boatload of money put into it,now it's going,going,gone and along with it one of our major resources for a major petrochemical event. I spent some time training on the base and knew quite a few on the crash crew.I can't see the logic of moving the P-3's to hurricane prone Jacksonville,but what do I know? T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

How many of them do you suppose are headed for the federal Superfund List?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    How many of them do you suppose are headed for the federal Superfund List?
    BINGO! Pandora's Box!
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

Forum Member

George,

Most of the bases that dealt with munitions, fuel, or other hazardous materials including the base land fills are already on the superfund list.

The fire training areas used to burn anything that was flammable. We just opened the valve in the dike to let the water/foam and fuel drain out to make room for the next training fire.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

Thread Information