Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default SUGGESTIONS! Looking to Spend $2000 or less on a new lightbar for my AMC Gremlin

GOTCHA!!!

Ok, I always like to make an impression so I figured that was one hell of a way to get some attention so I could introduce myself. I am 27 years old and was a 10 year Volunteer Firefighter / EMT-B with a small Volunteer Department in Central Texas. Also I worked Full time at a Paid Department for 6 years. One day I decided that I wanted a change so I left the fire service all together. No Pagers, No Shifts, No middle of the night wakeups...NADA! (Read BORING)

So after almost 3 years of no Firefighting I have decided to rejoin the local VFD. Its in the blood and its hard to give up. The Department is a very well equipped one, new apparatus, equipment, Thermal imager, the works. I am looking forward to retraining and "getting back in the swing" of things. I wonder how much will come back to me and how much I will have to completly relearn? I just wanted to tip my hat to Ya'll (Yep, I am a Countryboy-Texan) and say HOWDY!!

P.S. I don't really have a Gremilin... but I do have a dash light somewhere in a box in the attic....

P.P.S. Ages 14-17 I was a Jr. Firefigher

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

GOTCHA!!!
    But you soooo had me!

Welcome aboard and don't mind all the volunteer haters out there.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Damn, I had a sweet Whacker 3000 to sell you too. They were my own design, and I would have let it go for a measly $1999.99 cash too.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

I'll take it as long as it's a 'certified' whacker bar with all the papers.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

OK.... I'll bite.... what is a "Wacker"

My assumption is a guy that puts 54 inch lightbar, a Air Horn, 2 sirens, corner lights, and a bell on his '87 Plymoth Voyager... Am I right?

Yes, but you forgot the Q, wig-wags, overly plastered in stickers, LEDs crammed into every hole, more antennas than radios...

you get the idea

You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

I sure hope these go into mass production soon. I have got to absolutely have one! Do they come in saftey green to.
    Last edited by fireguy919; 05-14-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by prometheus606
    OK.... I'll bite.... what is a "Wacker"

My assumption is a guy that puts 54 inch lightbar, a Air Horn, 2 sirens, corner lights, and a bell on his '87 Plymoth Voyager... Am I right?
    Your assumption is correct but let's not forget.......

3 Pagers, nextel phone that also alerts to fire calls, a scanner cliped to the belt, scanners on every floor of the house, numerous bumper stickers {All fire related of course} the 'NO FEAR' stickers on the POV, and the leather helmet purchased from the FDNY.

Believes his personal owned vehicle is an emergency vehicle and he should have the right of way to speed and blow intersections.

Yup,,,You're on the right track

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmm..... I HAVE A CONFESSION.....

When I was 17 and became a "regular" member of the VFD I was well on my way to being a "Wacker" I had a Mini bar, wigwags, a siren, and a mobile radio in my Ford Ranger. It was a used 86 Ranger that I had bought when I got my licence at 15 years old. At 18 I went to work full time at a Paid Dept and bought a new truck. I did not see the need to "junk up" my brand new Chevrolet with a bunch of lights so I sold them all. I did buy a Small LED dash light when they came out because I sometimes had (Now Have) to respond 5 miles from a ranch I worked at Parttime to the station on a conunty road.

Now that I am getting back in the VFD (I go active on June 6th) I most likely will mount my Mobile back in my truck (portables SUCK around here) and put my dash light in the console box to use if I am a distance from the station. Hell I only live 3 streets away from the station so if on every little BS call I used the light it would slow down my responce time.. that would be DUMB!! I sure as hell don't want to miss a seat on that brand spanking new Crimson Big Easy....

Anyways Brothers..... Glad to have found this place... and Glad to be back (SOON) in the Fire Service.... God Bless you all and STAY SAFE!!

P.S. If anyone is a sport shooter / gun collector I am a Site Administrator / Special Events Coordinator on the largest Firearms related site on the internet www.Gunsnet.net . Come on over and join us, I am under the same name "Prometheus606" there as well.

(ADMINS HERE AT FIREHOUSE IF THE ABOVE INFO ABOUT GUNSNET IS AGAINST THE RULES I AM SORRY, FEEL FREE TO DELETE IT AND HORSE WIP ME)

Lightbulb whats a whacker .........................here ya go .........

IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

yeh i am a whacker. i prefer the term spark though. i am a volunteer ff in fairfield county, ct. and i live about 2 miles from bridgeport/stratford and shelton. all very busy with fires. im one of few who get up at 230am just to go to downtown bridgeport to spark out a fire. i have 4 scanners. i have 1 base unit in my house with the volume all the way up, 1 portable in my house (that is the one i bring to the toilet and other places in the house) i also have a base unit and a portable in my pov. my pov has 4 blue lights, 2 leds and 2 strobes. i also have a set of irons, a co extinguisher and a water can in my trunk

Originally posted by beastie35
    yeh i am a whacker. i prefer the term spark though. i am a volunteer ff in fairfield county, ct. and i live about 2 miles from bridgeport/stratford and shelton. all very busy with fires. im one of few who get up at 230am just to go to downtown bridgeport to spark out a fire. i have 4 scanners. i have 1 base unit in my house with the volume all the way up, 1 portable in my house (that is the one i bring to the toilet and other places in the house) i also have a base unit and a portable in my pov. my pov has 4 blue lights, 2 leds and 2 strobes. i also have a set of irons, a co extinguisher and a water can in my trunk
    As I sit here shaking my head in disbelief, I am led to wonder why in bloody hell anyone would admit to this?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Originally posted by beastie35
    and yet he's never gotten laid, and he wonders why...

btw, if you know/see Rob Crandall, tell him I said hi.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep...... that guy is a Wacker.......

Speaking of Sex.... Had the pager go off for a brush fire once when I was 19-20 Years old... during the course of a late evening interlude...... after we were done we BOTH responded.... (THIS WAS WITH A FEMALE VOLLIE)

Rusty
    MOLON LABE!

God Bless the USA & our Troops!

prometheus606
    "I did not see the need to "junk up" my brand new Chevrolet"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Forum Member

will do parasite

im not that bad of a whacker. and yes i have had sex b4 and my girlfriend likes my fire gear a hell of a lot

You got my attention!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

(THIS WAS WITH A FEMALE VOLLIE)
    Had me worried for a second there.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

beastie,
    What is a co extinguisher?

I thought that co was a byproduct of incomplete combustion. I might be wrong though.

Thread Information