Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Star Wars

Well, since the finale episode is upon us, share your thoughts on the series.

Ive really enjoyed the films. My favorite is Empire Strikes Back. And Yodas da man (well, you know what I mean).

The only thing I wish is we could have seen the original trilogy done with todays special effects. They were certainly great for thier time, but compared to the last two, sort of lame.
    Last edited by Dave1983; 05-14-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

I didn't like the first two episodes but I loved the original trilogy, can't wait to see the new
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

I really like the original episodes with Episode VI being my favorite. I really don't like how they changed VI at the end for the latest release. They should have kept the original Anikin instead of changing it to Hayden F*ckstick.

Episodes I and II had some incredible action sequences and some great special effects. The acting in them, however, was a bit weak and quite tiresome. I bet Episode III is going to kick *** all around.

My brother got me a ticket for opening night; now all that's left is the long wait in the line to get a good seat.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

I've never been a big fan of Star Wars......... Although Wookies are pretty cool!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

The original trilogy is a must-own (IMHO, Empire is the best), but I didn't particularly like the last two. Too dumbed-down and corny. It's too bad, because Jar-Jar and the like aside, I think there was some potential for some good story line and character development (whoops, that sounds kinda like one of Conster's Pendantic Geeks )

I will go see Revenge of the Sith, and I hear it is much darker and more serious than the last two. We'll see I guess.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

From the original series, I think Empire is my favorite, though I love all three.

From the new ones, I wasn't too crazy about Phantom Menace, but it had its moments. Clones was really good though, and I can't wait to see Sith.

I actually like the "touch-ups" they've done to the first trilogy...both for the re-release back in the 90s and for the DVD. I know the purists disagree, but I do like the things they did to bring consistancy with the new movies (adding Hayden to the closing scene of Jedi, the celebration scene on Naboo, etc.).

Unfortunately, I'm on duty this coming weekend and its our annual pancake breakfast, so I'll have to wait a bit to see Sith.
    Chris Gaylord
    Emergency Planner / Fire Captain, UC Santa Cruz FD

I like the originals but I want to see this new one....I thought there were going to be 3 more movies after the orignal three?? can anyone vouch??
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

I always thought they were making the three new ones that came chronologically before the originals then that was it.
    Though someone told me that George Lucas didnt make the 3rd movie. Can anyone verify this for me cause i want to know if they were pulling my leg.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    I like the originals but I want to see this new one....I thought there were going to be 3 more movies after the orignal three?? can anyone vouch??
    The new one "Revenge of the Sith" IS the third prequel to the original 3: "Star Wars", "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi"

Originally posted by PattyV
    Though someone told me that George Lucas didnt make the 3rd movie. Can anyone verify this for me cause i want to know if they were pulling my leg.
    According to www.imdb.com Richard Marquand directed "Return of the Jedi" although it was written and produced by George Lucas. (Now I feel like one of those Pendantic Geeks )

I'm looking forward to seeing the new one. I've been a fan since I saw the first one in the theater at age 9.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

I've never been a big fan of Star Wars......... Although Wookies are pretty cool!
    I used to have a dog named Chewbaca...
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

I would not expect to see 3 more, at least from Lucas.

He is in his late-sixties now, and if he started tommorrow it would take close to 10 years to complete another trilogy. I just don't see him tackling another project of this scale.

But if someone buys the rights...
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

For the love of God I wish they would stop makeing it so you hear explosions in space. Baahhhhh!!!!!!!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Originally posted by mcaldwell

He is in his late-sixties now, and if he started tommorrow it would take close to 10 years to complete another trilogy. I just don't see him tackling another project of this scale.

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that he is leaving episodes 7,8 and 9 for his children to do. Can't remember where it was and haven't seen much since but anyhow.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Did ya'll see that in England they had a premiere of the new movie, along with showing the previous 5...everyone attending dressed up in Star Wars garb and they had those white-cladded men from the movie (what were they called again???) all over the place directing people. It looked like a real good time!

Forum Member

I would have thought Mini-me would go for Ewoks, more his size.

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Did ya'll see that in England they had a premiere of the new movie, along with showing the previous 5...everyone attending dressed up in Star Wars garb and they had those white-cladded men from the movie (what were they called again???) all over the place directing people. It looked like a real good time!
    In Episode II they were called clones. In Episodes IV-VI they were called Storm Troopers.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Forum Member

My boyfriend is a geek so I was going to go and get advance tickets, I told him I was going to and he told me not to. He liked the original trilogy and he doesn't like the new ones. So that idea's gone. I think I am going to go alone though.
    2005 Pontiac Wave 5 Hatch
    Pontiac... built for drivers

Originally posted by mcaldwell

Actually George turns 61 on Thursday, he ain't in his "late" 60's yet. I bet he has 15-20 more years of movie making in him.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

My bad, I could have sworn I heard he was older.

And as for the explosions in space, It's called "Suspension of Dis-belief". How cool would the Death Star Explosion be with out skull shattering bass anyway?

IACOJ

How cool would the Death Star Explosion be with out skull shattering bass anyway?
    It would suck...

What's really cool is in Episode II when Jango Fett is trying to blow up Obi-Wan Kenobi. The sound effects for the seismic charges are awesome. No sound at first because they absorb sound, then an odd explosion sound. Not sure where they got the sound from, but it fits perfectly.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Thread Information