Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Light 'em and Fight 'em

Was anyone down at the Light 'em & Fight 'em at IFSI this Saturday? The tower and tax payer were HOT!

Forum Member

I was there k3. Yes they did have the buildings pretty toasty. It melted my POS Garrittey light on my helmet to unusability. You wern't by chance a part of the group that bailed out of the taxpayer when the visors started melting were you? I think that there were a combination of things going on that got them that hot. First there were more evolutions going on in the taxpayer and the tower, so there were more fires in each of them. I also think that the weather, with the drizzle and humidity, was not letting the heat dissipate. And probably some of the stokers may have gotten a little carried away with the fires. It was a lot of fun though.

There were a lot of you guys down from the Kankakee Acadamy this time. I had the pleasure of working with six of your guys all day. It does make for an enjoyable day when you get to work with guys (or girls) that know what they are doing. By our third evolution the instructors were complimenting us on our teamwork, which I didn't even get on the one time I got a few of the guys on my department to go. Pass along for me to the people running the school up there that I think they are doing a good job based on the guys I was working with Saturday.
    bunnie

IACOJ by choice; Flatlander by the grace of God.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by bunnie62
    I was there k3. Yes they did have the buildings pretty toasty. It melted my POS Garrittey light on my helmet to unusability. You wern't by chance a part of the group that bailed out of the taxpayer when the visors started melting were you?
    No that was not my group. However, on the first evolution I was at station 6 in the taxpayer. Melted the shield right from the get go. We had an excellent group of cadets this year. Its nice to hear compliments from other departments.

Thread Information