Forum Member

Default I'm looking forward to getting started, and need somehelp!

Hi everyone. I'm twenty years old, a resident of Downey, CA and it is a dream of mine to make it into the FD. Actually, it was only a thought of mine until recently when me and my brother had been shot by a group of muggers and I had had some time to reflect on life and what is really important to me.
    To make a long story short, I decided that helping people through hard times and restoring a sense of peace to horrific situations is what is truly important. This has become everything I want to do with my life, and I'm looking forward to the journey.
    I realize it is extremely difficult to get a job as a firefighter and there are things I will probably need to work on (physical strength, stamina, etc.), but when I set goals I make it a top priority to achieve them.
    Anyway... I am looking to get started soon. Right now I am rehabilitating from my wound but I should be fully healed in about another week's time. I will be starting a lifeguard job (at a theme park, but it's still a ligeguard job no less), and hope to work my way up to working the beaches before making a career in the FD. Any advice on what to do, what to read, and what kind of classes to take I would fully appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance for all your help.

MembersZone Subscriber

CPR, EMT-B, Firefighter I, Firefighter II, EMT-P, or just got to college and obtain a Fire Science Degree.

Thread Information