Thread: 24

Forum Member

Default 24

Who watches? If it was Jack in Tony's place he would have shot the hostage, he just does not have the heart for field work that Jack does, and now his estranged wife will soon be a widow for it.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

District Chief

I have watched every show without failure and I also have all 3 of the first seasons on DVD...

They are trying to make it look as if Tony does not have the heart for it, but in the last episode you will see. Besides...if you follow closely, Michelle and Tony are divorced and are planning to leave the CTU business and start over. That was a clue that something would happen when he left for the field mission and she stopped him and said "be careful!"

My guess is that Jack is going to shoot Tony in the shoulder and the because of how close they are the bullet will go through and through and cause the terrorist to drop her weapon and then they have her alive..
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Disillusioned Subscriber

It was picked up for another 2 seasons, btw.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

I can not watch that show on TV. I would go absolutely out of my mind, they would have to put me in an institution. The commercials and waiting a week between episodes would send me over the edge. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and that is the only way I can watch it. I find it so addicting, I will start watching it in the late evening and I won't be able to turn it off until 3am.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

District Chief

It is addicting.... My girlfriend cracks on me all the time... She went bezerk when I called her the other night and said...."Boy are we in trouble....he as Pi**ed off the Chinese!" She said "What are you talking about...who did?" I said "jack did....." She said I need some serious help! [but...she fails to find it similar to her fetish for "Friends"]

An even better one is this.... Jack called me and offered me a job as a haz mat and fire consultant for CTU. He said I could have a gun and spy gadgets. He told me it was ok to shoot 1 person per hour or 24 in a day...but I could not go over that number because then it caused paperwork.. And if I did shoot someone, make sure I told Tony or Michelle where to pick up the body.....Well,.......at least that is the way it happened in my dream....I swear!...and the next morning I had a call I missed on my cell phone from a blocked number...I swear!
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

District Chief

Wow....What a season finale.....

Can not wait until next year. The only bad thing is...Can't figure how Jack is going to be with CTU after being declared dead. Also...Does not seem the show will be anywhere near the same without Tony and Michele. I think that David Palmer will again play a part next year and we might somehow see Chase and Kim in some sort of role....

Come on January 2006!!! Lets get her done!
    BMI Investigator

Forum Member

I see Jack Bauer as a free lancer for CTU and not having to operate within the constraints of CTU protocols (like he did anyways )

The new "President" is a freaking spineless scumbag!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 05-25-2005 at 04:08 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I just started watching it this season, saw the whole season, also rented 1st season via Netflix and got my wife hooked on it. She liked it so much she refused to watch this season with me so it would not spoil the show when she watches it on DVD.

we might somehow see Chase and Kim in some sort of role....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Please, not more Kim, make her stay away!!!

Steamer, did you hear who picked it up for next season? I heard that one of the bog 3 (ABC I think) was interested in it and was trying to out bid FOX for next year.

As for next season, don't forget that the seasons can be years apart so a lot can change to allow Jack back into the fold, although I really like the "freelance" idea.
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

24 is freakin awsome, of course i missed half the season due to my FF1 class. getting the tape from another FF at the firehouse. my god that show is freakin awsome. but come on, how many bad days can one guy have?!

Forum Member

Originally posted by Maverick9110E
    but come on, how many bad days can one guy have?!
    Actually, he's only had 4 bad days in something like 10 years, not bad really!

The real question is, how does Jack go for 24 hours w/o taking a single bathroom break?
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Forum Member

Was it just me or did you guys see a little spark in Jacks eyes when he had hot assasin chick in the choke hold???? I thought I saw the same from her. My prediction.....next season they "Hook up" and run amok in Canada.

Another thought if you are a faceless "extra" CTU agent and you are standing within a few yards of Jack you are going to get smoked real quick like. CTU must purchase coffins by the freighter load.
    I.A.C.O.J IRISH TATTOOED-HOOLIGAN

DETROIT FIRE FIGHTER AND PROUD!

Disillusioned Subscriber

Originally posted by Fire304
    Steamer, did you hear who picked it up for next season? I heard that one of the bog 3 (ABC I think) was interested in it and was trying to out bid FOX for next year.
    Last I heard it was Fox that picked it up.

Originally posted by MOTOWN
    CTU must purchase coffins by the freighter load.
    There's power in bulk buying!
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

I guess it is addicting, but I lost track of the show a long time ago. (I saw the first episode, part of the second, and then disparate bits and pieces after that.) So basically I have no idea what's going on ever.

I guess I'll have to get the DVD.

Forum Member

Originally posted by MOTOWN88
    if you are a faceless "extra" CTU agent
    I had the same thought, actually was thinking of the no-name crew member on Star Trek that gets greased while Kirk gets laid. [/quote]
    CTU must purchase coffins by the freighter load. [/B]
    LMAO
    run amok in Canada
    There's gonna be trouble, if Jack starts offing terrorisit in Canada, the population will decline by 10-20%!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

District Chief

CTU must purchase coffins by the freighter load.
    I think the CTU rule is this...You are allowed to kill on the average of 1 person per hour, not to exceed 24 in 1 day. The rule is that you must call Michelle and tell her where to pick up the body...then it is a done deal. If you kill more than 24 in a 24 hour period, it creates paperwork..otherwise you are good to go!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Please, not more Kim, make her stay away!!!
    If you saw her in the first two seasons, it was kinda bad...but in season 3 she was a CTU Agent without field ops experience... Kinda different....and besides...I miss Chase.. He has to be bringing down the big bucks because jack cut off his hand to save him from the virus.

As for next season, don't forget that the seasons can be years apart so a lot can change to allow Jack back into the fold, although I really like the "freelance" idea.
    Hmmmm..Whoever said that Jack did not follow rules was right on. Man...if we broke many protocols in a day we would be history! But...you got to admire him for having the NADS to do it.....

The new "President" is a freaking spineless scumbag!
    CaptainGonzo...I can not agree with you more!.. But we must remember that the new President is there by virtue of the 25th amendment. Remember this year's finale did not leave any information as to what the condition of the President was.....hmmmmm???? One has to wonder if he will not come back next year....find out that his vice president almost failed him and that David Palmer (whom he be when Palmer conceded and did not run) saved the nation. I think the injured President will find out that the new President and his security Chief sanctioned the hit on Jack...and they will take a fall. Palmer will be back in the mix... Perhaps a new CTU Director???????

What will be the outcome of Tony and Michelle leaving???? Will they?

Where will Buchanan go? How about Cloe and Edgar? What about the other guy who was side by side with Jack in most of the episodes and was wounded? Will they all be back???

What about Jack and Audrey????

You know the Chief of Staff will return....he made a reprieve for himself this season....
    BMI Investigator

District Chief

Fire304....They have all 3 seasons on DVD...I watched each and every episode.. The second and third seasons even have bonus footage....

Also heard that it will again be on FOX.... Besides....why would they promote it at the end of the last episode for next year if they are not the holder of the contract?

I hope they do it 24 straight episodes again....that is the best way...
    BMI Investigator

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Finally!

Saw the first commercial tonight during the Survivor Finale .... The season premiere for 24 is on January 15th!!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Matt Hurwitz, AP
    Published: Thursday, January 12, 2006 Article tools
    Printer friendly
    Font: * * * * LOS ANGELES – Jack Bauer has been through hell and it's starting to show.

Over the last four years the superhero of Fox's 24 has saved humanity from terrorists, beaten confessions out of close friends, battled heroin addiction, discovered his murdered wife's body, and, last year, even faked his own death, one day at a time. All with little regard for himself.

Watch ET Canada on 24
    More about 24
    Back to Entertainment

But now, as the hit series starts up its fifth season with a two-night, four-part marathon (Sunday and Monday on Global) , the stress on Bauer, an agent for the fictional federal Counter-Terrorist Unit (CTU), is finally taking its toll.

“This time, something happens to Jack on a very personal level that ****es him off,” says Bauer's alter-ego, star Kiefer Sutherland. “Because he's presumed dead, a lot of the boundaries he was restricted by – by virtue of who he was working for – simply don't exist now. And he's mad.”

Until now, Sutherland – who was born in England but raised in Canada – has only subtly allowed the stress of selflessly saving the world to show on Bauer's boyish face. This season, however, besides being cranky, our clean-cut action hero is looking downright dishevelled.

“The weight on people who are responsible for making decisions that affect so many lives, you can only imagine what that must be like – putting 10 lives at risk to save 1,000,” the actor says.

Bauer has been in a constant fight against not only terrorists but often the bureaucracy of his own government.

“Sometimes bureaucracies are incompetent, just by virtue of the fact that they're bureaucracies,” says co-executive producer Howard Gordon. “And, sometimes, Jack has to do things outside the law.”

Gordon notes that while Bauer has a strong moral compass, “he's sort of politically agnostic. He has a humility and respect for the government on one hand, but a contempt for it on the other ... Jack's strength is in his ability to navigate these really narrow straits, keeping the greater good in mind, even while doing the most loathsome things.”

Having faked Bauer's death at the end of last season, the writers found coming up with a new story line a challenge. “We had kind of painted ourselves into a corner,” grins Gordon.

Creating a “Jack-centric thriller this year puts him on a collision course with the people who thought he was dead,” he says.

That world includes his one-time mentor, Christopher Henderson (Peter Weller), who is introduced this season.

“Henderson schooled him on the finer points of counterterrorism,” says Weller. “The backstory is ... Jack had investigated some CIA agents and CTU guys. While the other people were brought up on criminal charges, they could never prove anything with me. So for my part, he's my protege, who turned me in when I was innocent.”

Weller probably has a better understanding of Bauer's character than most. “My father was a colonel in the Army who flew president (Lyndon) Johnson by helicopter in Texas. He was answerable only to the president,” he says.

“This show really gets it,” the actor continues, “about how the bureaucracy of the United States gets bogged down in minutia, and yet it can all be severed by one phone call from the C.O.”

In addition to Sutherland and Weller, 24 has been able to attract other top-notch talent from the feature-film world, including Sean Astin and JoBeth Williams, who both joined the cast this year.

“We shoot this like one big movie,” explains co-executive producer and Ottawa native Jon Cassar, one of two directors who helm the majority of the episodes. “The film actors are used to having one director throughout a project, which is what we essentially offer them here. They're quite at home.”

Nonetheless, Astin, who plays Lynn McGill – sent by the President to oversee the goings-on at CTU – found the TV world required a little adjustment.

“The main challenge was memorizing all the techno-talk. There are five- or six-page scenes full of dialogue! ‘Yeah, that's television,’ I was told,” he laughs.

Gordon notes that the series – which plays out in real time, with each season covering 24 hours – doesn't “go after big names just for their reputations. Our material is deceptively challenging to deliver (credibly), some of these outrageous twists and turns ... and it requires the right amount of seriousness, intelligence and emotion. And Kiefer, of course, sets the tone.”

“Kiefer can bring all that backstory and pain in his character, and he does it without hitting you over the head with it,” comments Weller. “And he's incredibly professional. On his days off, the guy comes in and reads off-camera lines for the other actors. Most guys take the bullion and are gone to the Bahamas!”

So how many more years – or days – does Bauer still have in him?

“That'll be up to an audience when they start to feel that someone else should come in and do it,” Sutherland says. “Personally, I'm hoping that's a long way off.”

© Canadian Press 2006
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking What The?.......................

I don't remotely have clue what you folks are talking about, except 24 is Jeff Gordon's car, last time I looked at NASCAR. If it's some other TV stuff, never mind. We don't watch TV here, we're too busy being on TV ourselves.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information