MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire Run Sheets / Reports

Hello,

I currently have been appointed at my department to create a new runsheet for calls taken at our station. I was wondering if you guys could send me some e-mails with your run sheets attached so we can get a good idea of a good run sheet to fit our department needs.

If you can help, anything and everything will help us out.

My e-mail is cunderwood21@hotmail.com or mightymouse21@frontiernet.net

THANKS!!!

BOVFD 3021

Forum Member

Exclamation

I may have something that will help you. Let me get it together and I will send it to you.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

It is extremely important that any report you use include a narrative section. Check off forms such as NFIRS are fine for gathering and maintaining raw data. But to use the report as a true documentation of the incident (such as what you might need if you get sued), the report MUST include a section where the IC can document the conditions found, the actions taken and the conditions left.

"If you didn't write it, you didn't do it".

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    It is extremely important that any report you use include a narrative section. Check off forms such as NFIRS are fine for gathering and maintaining raw data. But to use the report as a true documentation of the incident (such as what you might need if you get sued), the report MUST include a section where the IC can document the conditions found, the actions taken and the conditions left.

I'm with George on this one. Probably the most important thing you could do!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Forum Member

I didn't think he was talking about fire reports or run reports. I think he was looking for something to just log the run so they can keep a record of where, what and what did they used, etc.

Forum Member

I am currently in charge of the incident reporting system for my county. we currently use a computer based program called fire programs. The system is NFIRS compliant, it also has many other recourd keeping features for training, personnel and, such. it is pretty much firefighter proof and makes it easy for me to gather my monthly statistical reports. it is great if you can afford to go to a system that is computer based instead of paper based system.

Forum Member

Originally posted by nkfiree1
    it is pretty much firefighter proof system.

LOL Nothing, my friend is "Firefighter Proof".

Forum Member

Ha. Amen Cap.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Amen George;

This will make or break you in the courtroom. A good narrative is your documentation of the incident. If it is not in your report it did not happen!!!
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Does this poster want medical or fire reports or both ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

nk, can you explain nfirs compliant. I'd be interested in some names of software to check out for incident reports. We have been considering getting away from the paper method.

Forum Member

I have a good sample I will send along.
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Forum Member

Default alot of places use this ..............it aint the best but it works

ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up And.........................

PM me with your Mailing address, I'll send you a copy of what we use.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

by NIFIRS compliant i mean that the system will allow you to upload the reports directly to NIFIRS or VIFIRS (Virginia). we looked at many different programs and found that for us Fireprograms software was the best fit. The program is called Fireprograms it is made by a company called Arrakis software. we also looked a program called firehouse (don't know the company name), that program was not a user friendly.

Forum Member

George, very good point about the narrative portion. We currently do not have a narrative portion, which I see is very important.
    I'll have to bring this up tomorrow night.

Forum Member

I would send you something, but all of our stuff is on computer. Check NFPA. One of the sections (921 I think) has some real good forms for fire invest that can also be used for general call information. I think I have some, let me look around.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

Consider that if you aren't keeping your records on a computer, the information you have is (for practical purposes) lost.

It might be useful to determine how many times you've responded to automatic alarms, or to a particular address, or if a particular landlord or tenant is generating more than their share of fires. If your records are only on paper, you COULD tally this information every time you needed a question answered, but a simple computer search gives you quick, painless, and useful results. Any NFIRS software will do this reasonably well.

On the scene you really just need a sheet to take field notes on, but make sure that sheet has blanks(reminders)for all the information you want to store in the computer.

If you do wind up with software, be sure to keep a hardcopy of each run on file and MAKE BACKUPS!
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ullrichk
    Consider that if you aren't keeping your records on a computer, the information you have is (for practical purposes) lost.

It might be useful to determine how many times you've responded to automatic alarms, or to a particular address, or if a particular landlord or tenant is generating more than their share of fires. If your records are only on paper, you COULD tally this information every time you needed a question answered, but a simple computer search gives you quick, painless, and useful results. Any NFIRS software will do this reasonably well.

On the scene you really just need a sheet to take field notes on, but make sure that sheet has blanks(reminders)for all the information you want to store in the computer.

If you do wind up with software, be sure to keep a hardcopy of each run on file and MAKE BACKUPS!
    Consider that if you ARE keeping your records on a computer, the information you have is (for all practical purposes) lost...

Unless you have good backup procedures, security procedures and access restrictions.

Forum Member

Thanks,I will check those suggestions, and if anyone has field report sheets that can be emailed, send to tkw@sacoriver.net . It's good to see a few different ideas now and then, and it won't take much to better what we currently use.

My pm feature doesn't work, at least outgoing. I don't have a paid subscription, so maybe I'm not supposed to get that feature.

Forum Member

go to your profile and find where you can allow PM's..dont need a paid subscription ....
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

That was easy, why didn't eye think of it?
    There goes the neighborhood.

Thread Information