Thread: virginia code

Forum Member

Default virginia code

ok maybe someone can help...we are an all vol.fire dept. located in southwest virginia. our county administors are trying to cut our budget. they told us that it was not they're responability to fund the depts.that was up to the state and the towns or cities problem.. and since we are not funded by a town or city and rely on county money we are in need here...does anyone know where in the code of virginia that is located...we think that they are wrong but are wanting proof...thanks all...for any help...

Forum Member

In Virginia you can only be part of one municipality. You are either in a County, a Town, or a City, not two of either. So, is the department in a city or town? If so the surrounding county has NOTHING to do with it unless they are asked and want to.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

are you in a town or in the county? mine is based in the town although we do cover some of the county but we get very little funds from the county, we are primarily funded by the town. you may have to tell your principality that they can fight their own fires if you dont get support, we had too when our trucks got too old.
    if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Forum Member

we are in the county. we have no town or city support. we get some funding from the state of virginia and funding from the county. but the county is trying to say that the money is a gimmie and they don't have to give us anything. i thought that in the code of virginia it said that counties town and cities had to provide some kind of protection to its residents. but i just can't seen to find it and was wondering if anyone else knew, thanks for the info. and advise you all given us

Thread Information