MembersZone Subscriber

Default E- one Tour Pics

Heres some pics I took on my pump ops class field trip to the Ocala E- one plant. Enjoy I know I did.

" We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

MembersZone Subscriber

More

" We are not extraordinary people , we are people caught in extraordinary situations. " Chapter 1 IFSTA Manual

MembersZone Subscriber

And the last of them.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

How long do they leave the yellow ones outside in the sun to ripen? Looks like one of those last ones stayed out too long, it's burnt on top.

MembersZone Subscriber

They said the reason they make yellow and green because theyre the 2 most visible colors.

They also said they once made a pink engine for the chemical plant at mary kay cosmetics that freaking rules lmao.

Forum Member

What a shame.....Think of all the beer & soda cans sitting there in all that sheet metal that are now worthless E-Wont's........
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

They do look nice...for junk
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know, I like E-One. I like their trucks better than anything else, and it is nice to look at the trucks everyday when I pass by their plants... A couple of the people in the pictures look familiar, the one girl is wearing a Villages Fire Rescue T-shirt, the other guy looks like he works for us, very familiar. I took a tour of the place about 5 months ago with our county and most of those trucks were there being built when I was there. In fact, most of them look like they were still sitting in the lots already built.
    Last edited by fightn15; 05-18-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Forum Member

Red face

I will take my "junk" "beer can" over a galvaneal body anyday. We don't buy an apparatus on looks, we buy on the ability to meet our needs and the DEALER. I know of a couple of Pierce "Pretenders" that are, well, lemons and the department has had a hard time getting them fixed. I know, if you have a dealer problem call Pierce. That's B***s**t, it should not have to come to that point. And yes, their are E-one's, Sutphens and a bunch of KME's that are lemons but having a dealer that is willing to help solve your problem is important.

Pierce is not God and outside your area other manufacturers can serve departments need ten fold over Pierce.

Nice pics, and some departments have some nice apparatus being built for them.

Forum Member

YEH FIRE TRUCK PICTURES!!

Oh Nevermind there E-One's

What No Seagrave, Hahn or Macks

C'mon now

Which one are you in the 9th pic?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow didn't know this would turn into an arguement. Figured I'd post some decent pics and a pretty neat day out with the gang. But once again those who have had problems or those who are spoiled will argue over anything.

I personally don't have a truck selection give me one that pumps and works as long as I'm in the fire and I'm all good untill that day when one fails on me I will argue my points.

I am not pictured in any of the pics. I took them all lol. The girl you refer to her name is christine a new villages fire medic. And the gentleman works for marion county his name is Sam.

Any other arguements take them out of this post and create a thread on whos penis is bigger or what not somewhere else. Thanks.

Forum Member

Love the Tiller pic...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

I'll second that on the tiller pic...real sharp!....any idea who it was going to? Also, I notice everyone is wearing headphones....does e-one let you just wander aimlessly thru the plant and just let you listen to a pre-recorded "tour guide" like alot of museums do?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by berkut
    I'll second that on the tiller pic...real sharp!....any idea who it was going to? Also, I notice everyone is wearing headphones....does e-one let you just wander aimlessly thru the plant and just let you listen to a pre-recorded "tour guide" like alot of museums do?
    Actually E-One requires everyone to wear eye protection, and when I was in the tour a few months back they didnt have it. But I believe the headsets are actually for hearing because it can get pretty loud in the plants. But that looks like Sam Oughterson who is a paramedic. Yuck, Villages Fire Rescue, I would never work for a private department such as them.
    Last edited by fightn15; 05-19-2005 at 12:30 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

The headphones are are for your tour guide talking , you hear everything he says through your head phones as he guides you through the different parts.

Forum Member

Originally posted by beastie35
    YEH FIRE TRUCK PICTURES!!

Oh Nevermind there E-One's

What No Seagrave, Hahn or Macks

C'mon now
    Hahn is out of business, Mack no longer makes fire trucks... now go back and watch "backdraft" again...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Talking

I kinda like the girl's butt...fire trucks where?

Angry

PIG, is that all you care about, girl's butts?! JERK

Oh wait, I started an argument with myself...forgot this was an informative forum.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firepimp
    The headphones are are for your tour guide talking , you hear everything he says through your head phones as he guides you through the different parts.
    wow that is something new then. I remember when I was there, it was pretty loud in some places, and they were talking about having people wear ear protection during the tour.

Thread Information