Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default SD Firefighter Union Prez Indicted

Any San Diego folks out there? Is this for real? Or is it media hype?

If it is true, this person has given FF unions a huge black eye. A conviction and jail time won't even begin to repair the damage he's done.

6 Officials Charged
    Last edited by scfire86; 05-19-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

SC, did you read the sidebar story . It gave an overview of the law and the accusations against the defendants. Towards the end of the story, there's a note where they tried to alter their rules to supercede state law.

All in all, it ain't looking too good for them but if the story's financial picture is accurate, it is looking much worse for SD retirees.

Originally posted by EFD840
    SC, did you read the sidebar story . It gave an overview of the law and the accusations against the defendants. Towards the end of the story, there's a note where they tried to alter their rules to supercede state law.

All in all, it ain't looking too good for them but if the story's financial picture is accurate, it is looking much worse for SD retirees.
    I've read some more on this story since I first posted. The prez cut a deal that would benefit him alone personally, and in return slammed the door shut for his successor. In addition to that, part of the deal was that while he allowed his own benefits to be increased substantially, he allowed the city to cease it portion of the pension funding. Compounding the current woes of the pension plan.

While I believe the justice system is innocent till proven guilty, he is a disgrace to the ff labor movement and the fire service service. I don't believe the DA would have brought a case unless they knew they had something pretty conclusive.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information