Banned

Default what are the most usless items people sell

This has to be the most usless thing I have found so far.

http://www.videouniversity.com/DVDrwind.htm

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

My brother-in-law once sold his opinion on E-bay.....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Banned

I found this list when doing a search and I thought it was a good way to get things started. this article was written by a woman in england

This is a very subjective opinion, based on the premise that one man's meat, and all that.

I am fully expecting to be informed that at least some of the following articles are of great use to some of you out there. So feel free, tell me I am wrong, I have broad shoulders!

Take your seats for a guided tour of my 10 most useless items:

1. WILLY WARMERS

I am happy to admit to having attended a few Ann Summers parties in my time. I have never failed to be amazed at the amount of otherwise intelligent women purchasing willy warmers for their partners.

Now what are these actually for? They can't possibly have a function! Why would any self respecting man encase his pride and joy in a sheath of itchy wool or slimy ,silky nylon? Especially one in the shape of a pig or cow!
    There is no need to keep the male member warm, surely? I find it hard to believe that this job is not amply dealt with by the chosen undergarments and trousers of the lucky fellow. Also, I thought it was bad for chaps to get overheated in the privates?

So that leaves us with the other alternative:
    Ladies, perhaps they are supposed to drive us wild with desire, discarding our knickers at the first available opportunity?

Wrong! Sorry, chaps, these things are a serious turn off. They aren't even funny. If my better half donned one of these, I would have serious doubts about his character. Mercifully, I suspect the chances of it are minimal! Oh please, let them be minimal!

I cannot think of one good reason for making these horrible things- sorry!

2. FURRY MOUSE COVERS

I am talking about a computer mouse cover here. I could not believe my eyes when I came across furry covers to put on your mouse. What on earth is the purpose of these? If you put a cover over the mouse it doesn't work properly and you can't access the buttons on the top.

Perhaps then, it is intended to be used whilst your mouse is "resting", maybe to keep the dust out?
    Realistically, who is going to bother?

I suppose it could add a whole new dimension to your bed time routine; put out the cat and the milk bottles, say goodnight and cover up the budgie, put the cover on the mouse, tuck it up!

For goodness sake! What a waste of time and money! I know my mouse gets full of fluff, but even so I am going to give these a miss. It would only be yet another bit of tat to clutter up my already over burdened desk!

3. GREASEPROOF TOILET ROLL

Do any of you remember this from school? I think the hot favourite makes were Izal and Bronco. I think Izal might still be made. This either came in rectangular boxes for you to remove a sheet at a time, or on a roll in the usual way.

I can remember hating going to my Grandmother's house as she always had this horrible stuff!

The point about this toilet paper is that it doesn't work. It does not do the job that a self respecting toilet tissue would. It has no absorption and merely smears everything around. Eugh!! It is rough and hard, and makes you sore. It is also noisy, so that any privacy in the loo is lost.

It is also useless for blowing your nose with.
    I am sorry, but Charmin Ultra wins hands down! ( or should that be bottoms up?!)

4. TOAST STAMPS

These were all the rage a few years ago and I have recently seen them again in a catalogue. They are basically plastic shapes, sometimes with words, which emboss your morning toast. I have seen heart shapes, ones which say "I love you" and flower shapes. Others just say "Hello" or "Good Morning".

Try as I might, I cannot think of any reason why anyone ( other than children) would have any need for such a device. Isn't there something rather toe curlingly mawkish about giving your beloved his or her morning toast with " I love you" emblazoned across the middle? Don't get me wrong, I am as romantic as the next man ( or woman in my case!) but surely this is just sickly?

I would far rather indulge in a bit of footsie under the table or just come out and be openly romantic if I was feeling so inclined. I don't feel I need to use a piece of toast to put my feelings across.
    Perhaps I am getting too middle aged and have lost my sense of fun?

No toast stamps in my house then!

5. JAWS HARP

I am really not very keen on these. They are a primitive musical instrument which you put in your mouth and it works pretty much on the principle of the comb and paper. You can't play a decent tune on them. They sound disgusting, a bit like comb and paper actually, only worse!

You do not find a jaws harp in any orchestra or band, and they have no real function other than to be a source of extreme irritation. I have only ever known a couple of people with a burning desire to play the jaws harp and as far as I can see, it is mostly at the butt of comedians jokes.

So why does my local music shop have a huge tub of them on the counter? Who buys them and what do they do with them? The mind boggles!

6. VAPORESSE

I take my hat off to whoever thought of manufacturing scented water and selling it at a huge profit! This is a product to assist your ironing. It is a scented, softened water which goes in the steam tank of your iron.

A couple of things strike me about this:
    Firstly, how many conflicting scents do we want on our clothes? We already have strongly smelling soap powder and fabric conditioner. Our clothes should already smell nice, so why the need to scent the ironing water?
    Surely, nice cheap de-mineralised water would do the job just as well at a fraction of the price?

I have used it once, as we had a bottle as a free sample. I was not especially impressed and then I saw the price- it is the best part of two pounds for what is, effectively, a bottle of water!

If I am honest, I will admit that sometimes I do scent the steaming water, but usually with the perfume I am going to wear that night.That is for special occasions or hot dates! I have also been known to put a couple of drops of essential oils into the ironing water. This is for the bedding mostly, to help us relax. Lavender is particularly good for this, although it does give off a slight miasma vaguely reminiscent of Miss Haversham's house!

I think this is just a successful money making ruse, which people are silly enough to go along with!

7. CARPET PROTECTORS FOR PAINTING

I once made the mistake of buying a pack of these from B and Q. I thought it would save me pulling back the carpets whilst glossing the skirting boards.

Oh dear, did I ever make a mess and wreck a carpet! To make matters worse the carpet belonged to my father and not to me!

These are long plastic strips, slightly curved and bevelled, which butt up to the skirting. You can then slap the paint on to your heart's content- not!

It appeared to be going really well until I lifted the first strip and realised the paint had been seeping underneath. I thought it must be my technique and so tried again, being very much more careful with the adjacent wall. Yet again, paint everywhere.

I have made far less mess doing it free hand. These useless strips went straight in the bin, and the carpet was pretty much wrecked!

8. SHAPED EGG FRYING RINGS

I once was given some of these. You put them into your frying pan and break the egg into them. I suppose if you like a flower shaped egg then you might enjoy these, but I am a miserable old b****r and failed to see the point! I did find that the white stuck to the inside of the ring quite often, so you didn't end up with a perfect flower on your plate. In the worst case scenario the white stuck, and the yolk broke. There are other shapes, but the daisy shaped one seems to be the one most commonly sold.

Ooh, just think you could have a daisy shaped egg and a piece of toast that says "I love you" for breakfast. Purlease!!
    I think I would rather take my chance with a normal egg!

9. CHEAP ELECTRIC SCREWDRIVERS

I bought a couple of these as I needed to do a lot of screwing a while back. ( Keep it clean, please!)

Perhaps the more expensive ones are better, but I only splashed out about fifteen pounds each.
    These little machines really do not cut the mustard. They are hopeless. I have known vibrators that spin faster. Oh, don't forget two of my daughters were Ann Summers girls and have kit all over the house!

In fact, I reckon I could screw faster with the aid of my teeth! Even when fully charged these pesky things are useless! The first screw goes in quite well, and then, almost immediately you hear the drop in pitch and the thing starts to struggle. You might get a couple of screws in within a few minutes if you are lucky(!) After that the thing needs to be fully recharged- bit like a man really!

I have given up on the electric screwdriver and resorted to a hand job. A ratchet driver takes the strain out of screwing, and if you have to do a lot of screwing it can be a strain, especially for us weak and helpless ladies!

10. Thong Pantyliners

I recently tried these for the usual female reasons. Oh, boy, did I wish I hadn't!

They are shaped to cut away at the back, as you would expect, to fit a thong or G string. As usual, there is a self-adhesive strip which continues along the length of the pad. It is very sticky.

The first thing that dawned on me, was that there was so little material to attach the thing to. How was it going to stay put in my knickers? Well, the answer became all too clear, with indecent haste. Feeling somewhat uncomfortable in my nether regions I took myself off to the nearest public loo.

I surveyed the situation with trepidation. If any of you have read my razor op you will know I do not like waxing....
    The wretched pad was now firmly attached to that which I do not wax. Taking a deep breath I pulled it off, ouch, and it left me somewhat more bald than I had started the day!

I tried the next one and later that day I felt it work its way out of my drawers, and up my back, where it attempted to exit via my skirt waist band.

That was it- off to the nearest Marks for a pair of sensible, Bridget Jones style knickers and to Superdrug for conventionally shaped ladies articles of hygiene! I was not near home at the time!

Never again- I really cannot imagine how they work for anyone, but I expect you will all tell me that they are great!

There we have it, ten totally usless items. Or are they?
    Last edited by pengman; 05-21-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Forum Member

Default TMI

Yah, I have to agree on those items being useless, but # 10, well. Although I enjoy a good waxing, perhaps this was a little TOO MUCH INFORMATION. ie sticky stuff and so forth. .02
    There goes the neighborhood.

Forum Member

Default Re: TMI

Originally posted by Rossco
    Yah, I have to agree on those items being useless, but # 10, well. Although I enjoy a good waxing, perhaps this was a little TOO MUCH INFORMATION. ie sticky stuff and so forth. .02
    10. Thong Pantyliners

I recently tried these for the usual female reasons. Oh, boy, did I wish I hadn't!

They are shaped to cut away at the back, as you would expect, to fit a thong or G string. As usual, there is a self-adhesive strip which continues along the length of the pad. It is very sticky.

The first thing that dawned on me, was that there was so little material to attach the thing to. How was it going to stay put in my knickers? Well, the answer became all too clear, with indecent haste. Feeling somewhat uncomfortable in my nether regions I took myself off to the nearest public loo.

I surveyed the situation with trepidation. If any of you have read my razor op you will know I do not like waxing....
    The wretched pad was now firmly attached to that which I do not wax. Taking a deep breath I pulled it off, ouch, and it left me somewhat more bald than I had started the day!

I tried the next one and later that day I felt it work its way out of my drawers, and up my back, where it attempted to exit via my skirt waist band.

That was it- off to the nearest Marks for a pair of sensible, Bridget Jones style knickers and to Superdrug for conventionally shaped ladies articles of hygiene! I was not near home at the time!

Never again- I really cannot imagine how they work for anyone, but I expect you will all tell me that they are great

If you are having issues with Number 10, then your waxin' ain't workin'
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I dunno - I reckon fingerless firefighting gloves would be a really useless item
    Last edited by stillPSFB; 05-22-2005 at 03:08 AM.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Used bones?

Nov. 22, 2004

Fishy Chicken Bones to be Sold on eBay
    ATHENS, Texas—The Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center has a collection of slightly used chicken bones, the remains of chicken leg quarters fed to Splash, the 121.5-pound world record blue catfish at the center.

The Friends of TFFC need to raise $2 million to build a new education building at the center.

Being a firm believer in education and the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s foremost spokesfish for catch and release, Splash wants to help.

So the giant fish has given her blessing (a flip of her tail, actually) to a plan to auction off some of the chicken bones she has deposited on the bottom of her 26,000-gallon aquarium.

Two chicken leg bones in an oak display case will be auctioned on eBay beginning December 4, just in time for Christmas. "This is the perfect Christmas gift for the person who really does have everything," said TFFC director Allen Forshage.

Along with the bones, which have been oven-dried and tastefully spray-painted gold, the winning bidder will receive a certificate of authenticity, copies of TPWD press releases telling the Splash story, color photographs of the fish, and copies of magazines featuring stories about the fish.

Splash was caught January 16, 2004, by Cody Mullennix of Howe, Texas, while fishing on the Texas side of Lake Texoma, which lies between Texas and Oklahoma north of Dallas. Mullennix donated the fish to the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center, where she remains on display.

The Friends of TFFC is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation; donations to the building fund are tax deductable.

TFFC is at 5550 F.M. 2495, four miles east of Athens, which is 75 miles southeast of Dallas. Fish in the dive tank may be viewed any time the center is open. Hours are 9 to 4 Tuesday through Saturday and 1 to 4 on Sunday. Splash is fed during dive shows at 11 o’clock on weekdays, 11 and 2 on Saturdays, and 2 o’clock on Sundays. For more information visit the Web (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/hatchery/tffc/) or call (903) 676-2277.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by stillPSFB
    I dunno - I reckon fingerless firefighting gloves would be a really useless item
    LMAO!!!! That is great!!! I literally fell out of my chair laughing!!
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: TMI

Originally posted by PFire23

If you are having issues with Number 10, then your waxin' ain't workin' [/B]

Wax this
    There goes the neighborhood.

Thread Information