Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 275 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 5498
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Well...............

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    I have sent HotTrotter a message requesting he join this thread and give us his insightfull, erudite, pearls of wisdom.

As a FORMER friend of yours, I only have this to say to that....
    &$@#&%#&

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Talking Yup...............

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    "I found your problem. It's the Boat. You have a BassTrasher, what you really need is a Triton. Say a TR22........ THAT is a Bassboat....."

I cannot help my boating situation. I am limited by budget constraints. However, my little Tracker has been reliable, and a great improvement over the 14foot V-hull that I had way back when.. Of course, it also has been trained to find Bass. This feat took several years of trial and error. Unfortunatley, it also knows how to find crappie, bream, carp, and snakes. In fact, snakes seem drawn to it. As are the occasional stump, tree, and rock. I am looking for a new boat, and have looked at a Triton TR19, a Nitro 482, and ProCraft 192.

IF you didn't catch that I was just messin with ya, sorry.... My son works for Triton, so I couldn't pass that up.......... BTW, Ranger says "We still build them one at a time" and Triton says "Not us, our Factory is bigger than that". I also have a Lowe John Boat that draws 4 inches, loaded. That is one for the weeds and the reeds..........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I also have a Lowe John Boat that draws 4 inches, loaded. That is one for the weeds and the reeds..........

Chief, I didn't know a boat could float while intoxicated. And why would you want to be in the "weeds and reeds" anyhow? Thats just ASKING to loose gear. Might as well just ship your gear to me. eheheheehehe

Truthfully though I know absolutely ZERO about Bass fishing. Used to be pretty good with trout and Northern Pike (Jackfish to some o' you Northern Boyz). But that was way too long ago, now.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Talking Yup!...................

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    [/b]

Chief, I didn't know a boat could float while intoxicated.

Hey, You can do ANYTHING while intoxicated. Remember that famous Phrase, "Hey Y'all, watch this....."
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

"SERVITIUM NULLI SECUNDUS"

ACTUAL AUSTRALIAN COURT DOCKET 12659---CASE OF THE PREGNANT LADY

A lady about 8 months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat.This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court.

The judge asked the man (about 20 years old) what he had to say for himself.

The man replied, "Well your Honor, it was like this,when the lady got on the bus,I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat down under a sign that said,'The Double Mint Twins are coming' and I grinned. Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, 'Logan's Liniment will reduce the swelling,' and I had to smile. Then she placed herself under a deodorant sign that said, "William's Big Stick Did the Trick," and I could hardly contain myself.

But, Your Honor, when She moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said,'Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident'... I just lost it."

"CASE DISMISSED!!"

Oh so true.

The good Wife and I were sitting on the deck admiring the sea view as the sun set yesterday.

The neighbour (house about 200 yards away) is strolling around his apple orchard with his wife and their dog.

We didn't know they were walking due to our house being being between us. until she called out in a rather loud voice.

Randy, COME.

It was after we stopped peeing our pants laughing that we managed to say hallo and found out during the course of the chat that the dogs name is Randy.

She was slightly uncomfortable all the way through the chat for some reason.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007 at 05:34 PM.

I wasn't offended or upset about the boat comments. I wish I had a Triton, (I am a member of B.A.S.S.) but I am more inclined to lean towards the FLW Outdoors, and Genmar company of boats (TBF member). I have a deep devotion to Bass Pro Shops, so that explains my desire to have a new Nitro.. (They keep raising my credit limit on my Bass Pro Visa credit card, so I may soon be able to charge one..) I also own an Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler. (9foot with 43lb thrust motor guide.) NOW THAT IS A TRUE BASS BOAT! Last time I took it out, though, it kept finding Crappie. I need to have a talk with it. Panfish are fine for eating, but they don't do a dern thing for my confidence in Bass Fishing.

Hwoods, from one fisherman to another, and as a great paraphrase of the "Red Green Show," Keep your worm on the wet side.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default from SF Gate today

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Me man. Me try communicate with others. They not listen. Me buy beer. Me still happy.

Ok, ok, just kidding.. At least we have progressed far away from the point of bashing our future mates in the head and dragging them to our caves.. Communication is an art, but not all men are good artist.. Sometimes we have to paint the picture in another way.

Talking Uhhhhh........

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    The chimpanzees -- "April" and "Jake" -- were part of a protest organized by the conservative group Move America Forward.

Are you sure on the names?? I thought it was "Hillary" and "Rudy".
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Talking Uh Huh...........

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    I wasn't offended or upset about the boat comments. I wish I had a Triton, (I am a member of B.A.S.S.) but I am more inclined to lean towards the FLW Outdoors, and Genmar company of boats (TBF member). I have a deep devotion to Bass Pro Shops, so that explains my desire to have a new Nitro.. (They keep raising my credit limit on my Bass Pro Visa credit card, so I may soon be able to charge one..) I also own an Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler. (9foot with 43lb thrust motor guide.) NOW THAT IS A TRUE BASS BOAT! Last time I took it out, though, it kept finding Crappie. I need to have a talk with it. Panfish are fine for eating, but they don't do a dern thing for my confidence in Bass Fishing.

Hwoods, from one fisherman to another, and as a great paraphrase of the "Red Green Show," Keep your worm on the wet side.
    Yep!. We're on the same page.

On the John boat thing, my lovely bride got me a trolling motor for the John Boat, a fathers day present a couple of years ago. Long Story Short - she saw motors on sale at (where else?) Wal-mart, and proudly presented me with one. I read the directions and stuff, and saw the note -"allow 2 lbs thrust for each 100 lbs of weight on board". The Motor is a MinnKota 65!! I can pull Skiers with the damn thing!
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Ah, Walmart... I actually bought the trolling motor for my Pond Prowler about a year before I got the boat. It was on Clearance Sale! Walmart does a great job of slashing prices when they need the room for new inventory. Is this the Fishing Forum yet? I absolutely love fishing Netbait's Baby Paca Craw. It has been my go to confidence bait for about two years now. Flip it, swim it, pitch it, drag it. It catches fish..

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Smile too early?

"you know, early in the morning before the high octane coffee has kicked in, this puts all sorts of pictures in my brain. "

I sure am glad I didn't mention that I like Reaction Innovations "Sweet Beaver", or Netbait's "Baby Action Cat," or a "Brush Hog", "Trick Worm" or a "Big Dead Ringer." I'd hate to think what all the names of artificial bait could be associated with early in the morning to those who might not hold Perferred Member status with Bass Pro.. They could surely cause some raised eyebrows.. Also, "drop shot" isn't a basketball term. Shaky head, isn't the same as Bobble head, and Texas Rig isn't necessarily a big Peterbuilt from the Lone Star state.. Carolina Rig wouldn't be a Freightliner from Columbia, SC. Finesse fishing doesn't mean wearing dainty clothes and polished nails. Bill Dance is not something that Clinton did, and "happy hookers" could be a club that doesn't include people doing lude acts.

happy hookers"

I just happen to know a "Blitz Crew" that has that painted on the rear roll up door of their rig...... And in the same truck, passenger side window, a sticker that reads:

"Doesn't play well with others."
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Talking Uh Huh...........

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    [/B]

I just happen to know a "Blitz Crew" that has that painted on the rear roll up door of their rig...... And in the same truck, passenger side window, a sticker that reads:

"Doesn't play well with others."

Yeah, I seen that too...........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-12-2007 at 05:36 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

I find fishing much more entertaining when explosives are involved. Otherwise I get fishing and napping confused.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Explosive fishing can be had with a bait described as a "red popping bug." It is a stick style bait with an attached trailer. It makes an incredible hissisng noise followed by a extremely loud bang. Look for the ones with T-N-T imprinted on the side of the stick. These seem to be the most effective. Cast them out into deep water, and have a dip net ready. Don't forget to use a match or lighter to start the hissing action.

Thread Information