Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

Forum Member

I didn't know we had to think about what we posted here.. Now I've got all this pressure on me to come up with something comprehensive that might add enlightenment and entertainment to all those who may read...

Uhmm..

Nope, nothing...

Maybe next time.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Comprehensive pressure. Isn't that something that you apply to a severe bleed?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking voodoo time

My sis, good sister that she is, sent me an "Office VooDoo kit". It comes with a little doll, on one side is a generic outline of a female, the other side is a generic outline of a man, both with suits on. It also has some stick pins and a spell book in it. Sufficient to say, there is a reason she sent it (besides making me laugh). Someone will shortly start having aches and pains all over her body as I start sticking pins in the doll.

I started last night actually. I wonder if she will stay home "sick" today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking it works

One person whose name I chanted while sticking a pin in it, emailed he is at the doctor this morning and will be late. the other one, has not shown up yet (although she has not emailed in yet..one can only hope.....

she never came in. voodoo works!
    Last edited by superchef; 02-22-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Forum Member

So what does the doctor think when your victim shows up with a huge pin stuck in their back?

And how much of your soul do you have to sell for this to work?

And do you still cook great sounding meals?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    One person whose name I chanted while sticking a pin in it, emailed he is at the doctor this morning and will be late. the other one, has not shown up yet (although she has not emailed in yet..one can only hope.....

she never came in. voodoo works!
    And while I know for whom you refer as the "female"...... NAUGHTY NAUGHTY CHEFFIE!!!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LEWTFL View Post
    So what does the doctor think when your victim shows up with a huge pin stuck in their back?

And how much of your soul do you have to sell for this to work?

And do you still cook great sounding meals?
    1. Pin ***** is what I believe it would be called.

2. It is the other way around. They have taken too much of my soul. This is payback.

3. Yes. Although I have not had much time to cook for myself lately. That and there is no one to share a conversation and a meal with, I just do something quick and stick to my books. However, I may break down and buy some swordfish this weekend (although it is a bit expensive) and make myself something nice.

Rick- yes but being naughty is too fun.

Forum Member

Spring is gettting nearer. Soon it will be ground hog season.

Got lots of outdoor work to do this year. Yard clean up and bush trimming.

Hope we're done with the snow for this winter.

Nothing like springtime.

Forum Member

Talking

1. Pin ***** is what I believe it would be called.

2. It is the other way around. They have taken too much of my soul. This is payback.

3. Yes. Although I have not had much time to cook for myself lately. That and there is no one to share a conversation and a meal with, I just do something quick and stick to my books. However, I may break down and buy some swordfish this weekend (although it is a bit expensive) and make myself something nice.

Rick- yes but being naughty is too fun.
    i agree,being naughty is too fun and lmao.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Forum Member

RE: Voodoo dolls/fishing/luck...

Last year, at our last club fishing tournament, a friend put a "voodoo" doll in my cousin's boat, hidden in the storage compartment. This was to keep my cousin from winning. My cousin kept the doll in the boat to prove it wouldn't work. He had not caught a keeper fish since that day. Yesterday, at a tournament, he passed the doll along, and replaced it with a "lucky duck" that a friend had given him. He didn't touch the "Voodoo" doll, instead letting someone else do it. The doll eventually wound up in another person's boat, with the premise to prove it doesn't work. Upon beginning fishing, the new "victim" was using his electric trolling motor and heard a clicking sound from the motor. He pulled it up to find out that the attached transducer for his brand new, never used fishfinder had come loose, and the wire had been cut by the trolling motor prop. AFTER this, he and his partner decided to move to another location. While enroute, the boat's gas engine began to loose power, eventually shutting down completely. The engine had locked up, or in Bass fishing terms, Popped the powerhead! Maybe the voodoo doll was working.

A later update on the doll's effects, the person who removed the doll from my cousin's boat, and actually touched the doll had this to report, with no knowledge of the outcome from the boat he put it in. He had lost a good 5 pound keeper fish that had wrapped up on a stick, no more than an 2 inches around, all of which was clearly visible. His partner had bought a new motorcycle helmet to wear during cold weather in the boat. It was lost from his boat when they moved from one place to another. ($100 helmet rolled into the river from the boat deck.) To top it off, his electric trolling motor, which had just been fixed, once again broke. There seems to be a pattern to this "bad luck" doll...

As if this one day wasn't full of superstition and strange outcomes, my cousin showed his "lucky duck" to another competitor, who picked the duck up, and was playing with it. When he returned it to my cousin, he told my cousin that he had rubbed all the luck off of the duck. Long story short, the same person won the tournament...

Does anybody have any ideas where I can get some Lucky Charms for my boat???? I might even get a whole box of the cereal to keep in my boat for luck...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    RE: Voodoo dolls/fishing/luck...

Does anybody have any ideas where I can get some Lucky Charms for my boat???? I might even get a whole box of the cereal to keep in my boat for luck...
    You could try those Lucky Charms from Spencer's....

Forum Member

*kicking and screaming*
    I don't want to get into the 21st century...I like my old electronics!

Anybody got recommendations for a new tv?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LEWTFL View Post
    Spring is gettting nearer. Soon it will be ground hog season.
    Got lots of outdoor work to do this year. Yard clean up and bush trimming.
    Hope we're done with the snow for this winter.
    Nothing like springtime.

Spring will be here in two weeks. (at least we "spring forward" in two weeks). Whether or not that means the end of snow and cold remains to be seen.

I bought some fresh swordfish today. $20 a pound. even a small piece for myself was but I am worth it. haven't decided how to prepare it yet.....maybe marinate it in some macademina nut oil, fresh ground salt and pepper.. some of my Aussie herbs (the wildfire spice blend pairs well with seafood......

I am also baking bread today... There is nothing quite like the aroma of fresh brerad while it is baking.

Forum Member

Spring will be here in two weeks. (at least we "spring forward" in two weeks). Whether or not that means the end of snow and cold remains to be seen.

I bought some fresh swordfish today. $20 a pound. even a small piece for myself was but I am worth it. haven't decided how to prepare it yet.....maybe marinate it in some macademina nut oil, fresh ground salt and pepper.. some of my Aussie herbs (the wildfire spice blend pairs well with seafood......

I am also baking bread today... There is nothing quite like the aroma of fresh brerad while it is baking.
    I agree...bread is my favorite thing to bake, just for that reason! Have a batch proofing right now, honey-walnut-wheat. $20 a lb for the fish? and I thought my lobster was expensive. Think I'll stick with the salmon or the fresh trout.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is one of my favorite recipes. I started it yesterday. It uses ice water in the recipe and you let it ferment in the fridge overnight (12-18 hours). I bake it in my clay baker which gives it an incredible crust. I am testing this recipe out with a mixture of unbleached bread flour, white whole wheat and rye. I usually make it with all unbleached bread flour so I will have to see if this recipe works with that mixture as the bread flour has a higher protein content than the other two flours). I used 2 cups of bread flour to 1/2 cup each of the other two so it should balance out. I like to find a good base recipe and then play with it to see what I cam come up with.

honey-walnut wheat sounds good.

some fresh bread, some good cheese, a few nice bottles of wine, some fruit and we can have a nice little lunch. anyone want to come along?

Forum Member

some fresh bread, some good cheese, a few nice bottles of wine, some fruit and we can have a nice little lunch. anyone want to come along?
    Have you got any 'roo steaks to go on the barbie?
    "Professional" means your attitude to the job...

Nullus Anxietas ..... (T Pratchett)

MembersZone Subscriber

voli-I am not sure if I could cook one. I like the roos.
    One of my side trips when I went to Sydney I saw lots of roos. We were coming back from the Blue Mountains and our tour guide gave us an unoffical stop to see them in the open. It was vry cool as there were quite a few of them hopping about.

I don't eat meat (only chicken and fish) so I did not try any while I was there. However, just for you, you get the roo meat, and we can bar-b-que them. You can eat the roo. I'll stick to wine and cheese.

I plan on making another trip down under next year (need another year to save up ) but it will be to Kiwi-land again. Australia is my plan for 2010.

Forum Member

I love the smell of baking bread! Does anybody make a scented candle with a baking bread smell? That would be sooo much better than those evil chocolate chip cookie scented candles. All they do is make me hungry. I've considered sueing folks for false advertising when I have been to businesses where someone is burning one of those..

After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that I don't remember what I was trying to think of..

Time for a coffee refill..

MembersZone Subscriber

This is too much even for the "Weird But True".

Naked trio gives motorists an eyeful Driver faces charges after trip in the buff from West Shore

Judith Lavoie, Times Colonist Published: Monday, February 25, 2008

A naked man and two naked women, allegedly involved in sex acts, gave other drivers an eyeful as they drove from West Shore, on to the Trans-Canada Highway, into the Quadra-Hillside area and then farther into Victoria yesterday.

Several witnesses reported the progress of the vehicle and one driver followed it for a while, said Victoria police Const. Kris Rice.

"There were some reports that they seemed to be wanting attention from other drivers as they engaged in sexual acts," he said. "It is pretty easy to see people through car windows or when they're stopped at traffic lights."

As the reports came in, police ran the licence plate of the vehicle and Rice and his partner, Const. Jason Eagles, were waiting for the registered owner when he arrived at his home on Jackson Street.

At that point there was a man and one woman in the vehicle because the third person, who has not yet been identified, had been dropped off, Rice said.

Both are believed to be in their 20s. "And both were determined to be in the nude," he said.

The female passenger was taken to Royal Jubilee Hospital under the Mental Health Act, and it is likely charges, such as driving without due care and attention, will be laid against the man, Rice said.

It is not legal to be involved in sexual acts while driving, but the indecent acts were not witnessed by police, so a driving offence is the more likely route, he said. "We saw them driving in the nude, but there were no acts at that time," he said.

jlavoie@tc.canwest.com © Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008

Also, check out some of the responses:

COMMENTS ON THIS STORYAdd Your Comment

Lori - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 11:18 AM
    Oh please people, get a life. No one wants to see you naked!

Dale Leslie - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 11:38 AM
    whats the big deal, they have nude bungy jumping along the hiway near nanaimo every year, every vehicle going over the nanaimo river bridge is a potential accident the way their necks are streched to see the action, but of course the powers that be make a buck off it so its ok. I'm not saying its ok to do these lewd acts while driving but having naked people bungy jumping next to the hiway is just as likely to cause an accident.

Peter - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 11:51 AM
    What a sad and miserable life a person must lead when the highlight of their sunday afternoon is calling 911 to report a couple naked youth in a car. My comment is to the hero who followed the car; Next time you need the police department for a real emergency, I hope they're too busy dealing with frivolous rubbish calls like this. As for Victoria Police; Is this why we need 19 more cops? To protect us from naked people? Really?

fred - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 11:59 AM
    damn I always miss the good stuff on the road!! lol {ya me too! Mal27}

John Wickstrom - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 12:14 PM
    How about charges of not producing a Drivers Licence, as I suspect there were no pockets to contain one (lol). So is it legal to drive naked, just so long as you are not engaged in sexual activity? If thats the case, as this story seems to allude, expect an eyeful if you work at a drive through window. Could make riding public transit more appealing as the height of a bus' windows permit passengers a rather un-obscured view into private vehicles. Eureka, thats the solution to reducing exhaust emissions! The slogan could be "Go Green and see Pink! (rofling)

emsa - Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 01:12 PM
    These days you need to close your eyes,and ears --I could go on, and on about the brazen acts of people with no reason. The public who witnessed this illegal act should come forward to help the Police.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well if the last one didn't kill this thread, maybe this one will.....???

NAH!

Why you should disco responsibly? / Pourquoi pratiquer le disco avec modération vous vous demandez?
    posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 by Barbara Donohue.

Does the date July 12, 1979 jog your memory. This is the day that music historians believe as the "day disco died". The reason historians have chosen this day is because of an anti-disco demonstration that was held in Chicago. Rock station DJs Steve Dahl and Garry Meier, along with Michael Veeck, son of Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck, staged Disco Demolition Night, a promotional event with an anti-disco theme, between games at a White Sox doubleheader for disgruntled rock fans. During this event, which involved exploding disco records, the raucous crowd tore out seats and turf in the field and did other damage to Comiskey Park. It ended in a riot in which police made numerous arrests. The damage done to the field forced the Sox to forfeit the second game. The stadium suffered thousands of dollars in damage. This is why you must disco responsibly!

Est-ce que le 12 juillet 1979 vous dit quelque chose? Selon les historiens en musique ce serait le jour le disco est mort. Les historiens ont choisi cette date
    en raison d'une manifestation anti-disco qui avait eu lieu à Chicago. Les DJ Steve Dahl et Garry Meier, ainsi que Michael Veeck, le fils du proprietaire des White Sox de Chicago, avaient organisé une Nuit de la demolition du disco, un évènement a titre publicitaire avec un thème anti-disco, entre deux matches des White Sox pour des supporters de rock mécontents. Durant l'évènement des disques de musique disco ont été détruits, la foule en délire a arraché et jetté les sièges sur le terrain de jeu et également causé des dégâts au Park Comiskey. L'évènement s'est achevé par une émeute et de nombreuses arrestations ont eut lieu. Les dégâts infligés au terrain de jeu ont causé l'annulation du deuxième match. Le stade s'est vu infligé des dommages s'elevant à plusieur dizaine de milliers de dollars. C'est pour cela que vous devez pratiquer le disco avec modération!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 02-25-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Forum Member

$20.00 a pound for fish?!!

That is insane no matter what kind of fish it is.

Forum Member

Ya know if any of these bottomless pits comes to a picnic, there just isn't enough bread, cheese, wine.........to satisfy them.

MembersZone Subscriber

$20.00 a pound for fish?!!

That is insane no matter what kind of fish it is.
    Well sometimes, you just have to go for it anyway. (I can live on chicken broth the rest of the week to make up for blowing my budget.)

Ya know if any of these bottomless pits comes to a picnic, there just isn't enough bread, cheese, wine.........to satisfy them
    This is true.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    Ya know if any of these bottomless pits comes to a picnic, there just isn't enough bread, cheese, wine.........to satisfy them.
    Ain't it GREAT to be know for what you love?

Forum Member

voli-I am not sure if I could cook one. I like the roos.
    One of my side trips when I went to Sydney I saw lots of roos. We were coming back from the Blue Mountains and our tour guide gave us an unoffical stop to see them in the open. It was vry cool as there were quite a few of them hopping about.

I don't eat meat (only chicken and fish) so I did not try any while I was there. However, just for you, you get the roo meat, and we can bar-b-que them. You can eat the roo. I'll stick to wine and cheese.

I plan on making another trip down under next year (need another year to save up ) but it will be to Kiwi-land again. Australia is my plan for 2010.

I was skeptical too, you can't eat Skippy, but the meat is awesome, I love it, especially on a nice bed of apricot and honey glazed mashed potato.

anyway, back to regular programming, hang on, what was this topic about again........

Thread Information