Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 275 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177178179180187227 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5495
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thread killer

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Sounds like another case to promote the wearing of PPE at any Fireground operations... Better safe than sorry...
    Better still: Just don't take your weiner anywhere NEAR a fire.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Having lived semi rural for some time here is a startling observation.

Rabbits eat grass.

Cats chase Rabbits.

Dogs chase Cats and Rabbits.

Dogs are used to heard Sheep and Cattle by Humans.

Sheep and Cattle eat grass

Humans eat Rabbits, Sheep and Cattle.

Humans keep Cats and Dogs as pets.

Humans have houses surrounded by lawns.

Humans mow lawns.

Grass is an endangered species.

Am I wrong, or have I been living rural to long.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Not wrong Ian, just too much time on your hands. Da wife is not keeping you busy enough apparently heeheheheeee.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Lightbulb Well..............

Ian, I think you're close. Grass that attains a length exceeding 25mm is endangered.................
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

I have done it. And I've survived. It took me three days but I read ALL of this thread. All 89 pages of it. I laughed till I cried. And then sometimes I just wanted to cry over the misery of it all. But I persevered and made it.

And so help me, I don't ever wanna see another can of spam, or pack of fig newtons. Ever. Seriously. Well the newtons are ok. Spam will only be eaten by me when the only other option is starvation.

Hmmmm...anybody ever hear of Treet meat? Or is that Treat? And before you drop your jaw and start giggling, I'm talking about that stuff that is somewhat akin to Spam. That stuff is actually alright. I like it fried, and put on some bread with mayo.

Spam = can o' barf. Think about it. If spam was any good, then why is all of that unnecessary email that we get called that? I mean, how many of us open our email and go, "Good gravy -- all these fricken pork chops are driving me nuts!" None. Because pork chops are good.

And just for the record...in case a far out chance that some of the spam-o-matic people ever come here...I am a woman. I do not want Enzyte or any product like that. I'm not stowing away that kind of equipment.

And another thing...I've not checked it today, but as of a few days ago, I posted in my own introduction, and there hasn't been a reply since. So, since it was mine to begin with, did I kill my thread, or cause it to commit suicide? I hope it went peacefully in it's sleep. Just like my grandpa did. Can't say the same for his screaming passengers though....

I do think I have all of you beat. I have not only killed threads before. I have single handedly killed entire boards. That's Right. I posted in a single thread, and the whole board died. I gave it like, post pox or something. The board did eventually recover, but is still feeling the effects of it.

Forum Member

You actually read all of this thread?

You have perseverance!

Yes I did. Every single page. I deserve something. Something green and rectangular. Ah yes, money. And no, old nasty rotten spam won't work. I know they have the same description, but still...no.

And it is perseverance. I refuse to say it was due to laziness or that I had nothing better to do.

I hope it went peacefully in it's sleep. Just like my grandpa did. Can't say the same for his screaming passengers though....
    Well at least I turned AWAY from the monitor before spraying coffee.

However the cat is now looking at me like I am some sort of barsteward.

I have heard that somewhere before. I just don't know where. I want it on a t-shirt. That and a pic of Bruce Willis with the Haley kid from the Sixth Sense. It'll say, "I see dumb people! They're everywhere and don't even know they're dumb!" Oh, and "4 out of 5 voices in my head say I'm normal. Majority rules."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default new toy

deleted by user
    Last edited by superchef; 08-11-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Well isn't that just nice...I'm still trying to master "square" or "rectangle". Round even. That is cute though. I like the train one you posted earlier too.

My Boss has a sign posted on the back of his computer so that when you walk into his office, you see it first thing. It reads:

"I see you are playing Stupid again. And apparently you're winning too."

I quit playing that because I won all the time Only on purpose though. Just to make the other person look good

Spam Bashing = Not Good...

Treet is an acceptable alternative, albeit no Spam substitute.
    I sincerely plead to everyone who engages in Spam bashing to at least sample the TURKEY flavored, made with real TURKEY meat. Hey, it's not a Thanksgiving bird, but it will suffice. I would suggest cutting the rectangle into several small 1 1/2" by 1/4" squares and placing on a cracker of your choice with a similar sized portion of cheddar cheese and a touch of a dijon mustard or horseradish sauce.

Can't we all just get along......

It is simply unfeesable to carry a whole ham, or turkey with me everyday, but I can put a can of "meat" in my vehicle and always know that I am prepared if ever I need it.

[QUOTE=FlyingKiwi;837284]

Dogs are used to heard Sheep and Cattle by Humans.

QUOTE]

I remember seeing something on TV about these HEARing ear dogs that listen to sheep and cattle herds in the fields... I guess the humans are too busy listening to their I-pods and Apple I phones, and cannot hear the animals for themselves...

Funny story, but glad its not mine to tell:

Dive-bombing seagulls make life hot for office staff. Air conditioning can't be fixed because birds are legally protected.

Judith Lavoie, Times Colonist. Published: Friday, July 20, 2007

Staff at a Victoria insurance office are sweating in temperatures ranging up to the mid-30s because a pair of seagulls, in full protective mode, is attacking anyone who goes near a broken air conditioning unit on the roof.

Sparking the seagull frenzy is a single egg in a nest tucked under one side of the air conditioner -- a nest that the overheated folks at Coast Capital Insurance Services on Gorge Road East can't move because it's against the law.

That's because seagulls, which are often viewed as garbage-eating pests, actually enjoy protection under the Migratory Bird Convention Act, an agreement between Canada and the U.S. designed to keep natural populations of birds in the wild, according to Robert Elner of the Canadian Wildlife Service.

Moving the egg and nest requires a special permit from Environment Canada.

Yet if anyone needs protection, it seems it's the air conditioner technician sent up to fix the unit during last week's heat wave only to be greeted with a puke-and-poop bombardment.

"They do their do-do on you -- that's what they do -- and they regurgitate their food on you. They spit on you," said Harold Hildred of Triple C Air Conditioning Refrigeration Ltd. "They dive-bombed me and got really upset squawking and calling in the others from all over."

The bombardment started with a couple of seagulls and, by the time Hildred retreated, there were a couple of dozen.

"They have a nasty habit of regurgitating what they have eaten and puking all over you," said exasperated Coast Capital manager Kathy Webster. "It's the most terrible smell. It's like rotting fish that has been left in the sun for a month."

"These birds are vicious," she added, after a tarp-covered foray onto the roof yesterday with Jeff Krieger of Alternative Wildlife Solutions.

The two seagulls, apparently baffled by the moving tarp, watched balefully, emitting the occasional squawk, but did not call for reinforcements.

Krieger tried to apply for a permit to move the nest, but so far hasn't heard back from Environment Canada.

In the meantime, he and Webster hope the tarpaulin cover will keep the gulls at bay long enough to fix the air conditioner -- if Hildred can be persuaded to have another go.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

4 words : High Powered BB Gun. Problem solved. I mean it's seagulls. They are Not endangered. Geez, I am in the mountains of NE TN, and we have them all over the place here. Right in the city. Parking lots are full of them.

There are 3 threads on the front page that I was the last to post in. And there hasn't been a post in them for a few days. Does this mean I simultaneously killed 3 front page threads? Not to mention my intro thread...and there could be others.

If killing threads were a good thing, then I'm doing great

Get a large feral cat.

Put him on the roof.

Poof. No more seagull problem.

NB. Cats can not (or will not) read, ergo he has no idea that the budgies are a protected species.

Once the seagulls are gone, get a German Shepard and put him on the roof.

Poof, no more cat problem.

Call the Canadian Wildlife Inspector and tell them there is a nasty dog on your roof.

Poof, no more Canadian Wildlife Inspector.

Feed the dog daily in case more come looking for him.

Sounds good, but how would one go about obtaining a large, feral cat? My cats are way tame, but if I have to give one a bath...domestication is out the window and it's a survivor of the fittest free for all.

Thread Information