Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 275 FirstFirst ... 79129169176177178179180181182189229 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5498
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    That would be because you aren't using heavy line. You want to reel in that big tree, you need two inch towing wire. Right Doug??........
    I bet that would work. Would probably work better if I knew what it was It better be some heavy duty stuff because those kinds of fish evidently have more teeth than a denture convention gone crazy. Never have recovered a single lure. Bite clean through the line, they do. Lost my dad's best - and favorite - lure. I hope that critter was satisfied

That's my story. And until you can scientifically prove that they do not exist, I'm sticking to it

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    back in 2005 I was 25.
    I'd settle for being 45
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tooanfrom View Post
    I'd settle for being 45
    Whoops; my bad.
    I thought you said 54.
    Never mind.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

45....54 Whoa what's that like? Tell me some stories!

I'll probably never make it to even 45. I can see it now. Some rich old coot I don't even remember meeting will leave me his entire estate. On my way to the bank to claim it, I'll get hit by the Loomis Fargo truck that was called in to deliver all my goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    Whoops; my bad.
    I thought you said 54.
    Never mind.
    CR
    No wucking furries--I said I would have settled for 45 but that was just wishful thinking!
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I bet that would work. Would probably work better if I knew what it was It better be some heavy duty stuff because those kinds of fish evidently have more teeth than a denture convention gone crazy. Never have recovered a single lure. Bite clean through the line, they do. Lost my dad's best - and favorite - lure. I hope that critter was satisfied

That's my story. And until you can scientifically prove that they do not exist, I'm sticking to it
    'Round some of the lakes I've fished as a wee lad, Northern Pike or Jackfish (depending on what part of the country you're from) will do that. They seemed to take just about any bait but them buggers will even bite through a steel leader for cry'n out loud.

In 2005, I was receiving orders to make the Great Eastern Trek across the country from West Coast Canada all the way to DC/VA/MD. Age was not a requirement. heeheheheehee (but well past 30).

Speaking of "Age" - today is my "Birthday". I turned 20 years of age. 20 years in the Army I mean. Joined up 29 July 1987, and still kick'n! Man, where did all that beer go????
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Congrats on the 20 years As to where the beer went...you probably don't remember but through the years you've helped several escape from the confines of their can/bottle/keg. Personally smuggled it around in your body, until it was sent to live underground in the sewers.

MembersZone Subscriber rualfire's Avatar

Default Check Check... is this thing on?

Greetings from the netherworld. Who'd of thunk that this thread would be hanging around like an old klingon after all these years.

Why in my day thread's would die out in weeks, not years... And that's how we liked it.

I hope you are all having a nice summer.

Stay safe.

RSA.
    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

This thing is on serious life support. I wonder how long this will go on before FH "pulls the plug"?

Be safe!!!
    "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

With the help of modern advancements, things are living longer now than they ever have. So here's my question...who's been giving this thread pills and what kind are they? I just hope we don't end up having to send this thread to a Narc Anon meeting.

With the help of modern advancements, things are living longer now than they ever have. So here's my question...who's been giving this thread pills and what kind are they? I just hope we don't end up having to send this thread to a Narc Anon meeting.
    There are no chemical substances of any kind in this thread (unless you count fig newtons and spam); it doesnt need any. {oh... and even if it did - it would "neither confirm nor deny such an allegation." eheheeheheheheee}
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Guess this thread hasn't made it that far. Although I will say there has been no spam or fig newtons in this thread for quite a while. I'm just hoping there isn't a relapse.

MembersZone Subscriber rualfire's Avatar

Default Superchef

I've got a new recipie.

Its a fig newton, spam sandwich.

First you take 2 fresh fig newtons, and spread plain yellow mustard thinly on each.

Then you open a can of spam and carefully scape the spam jelly off the 'meat'.

Finally, slice thin and cut in half the spam.

Place 2 thin slices between the fig newtons.

Enjoy.
    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

*~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

...relapse alert...

After scraping it off, the spam jelly can be used with peanut butter to make a gourmet sandwich.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

I had a tooth pulled last week.
    It changed my whole outlook on Life.
    It's just that I can't chew food on that side of my mouth at the moment.
    That, too, will change.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Now see that is exactly why I advocate pre-chewed food. Well at least I did. The FDA denied it, so all of the sponsors pulled out. They never did give us a reason why. There was talk going around that it was due to the packaging, but I don't know. It would seem to me that they would have to have a better reason to reject a product.

Quote Originally Posted by rualfire View Post
    I've got a new recipie.

Its a fig newton, spam sandwich.

First you take 2 fresh fig newtons, and spread plain yellow mustard thinly on each.

Then you open a can of spam and carefully scape the spam jelly off the 'meat'.

Finally, slice thin and cut in half the spam.

Place 2 thin slices between the fig newtons.

Enjoy.
    Ya know... you guys in Strathmore just have WWWAAYYY TTOOOO MUCH TIME On your hands... I dunno 'bout you guys. *insert shaking head smiley here*

If you could add a smiley, which one would it be? I like these. I like a lot more, but it'd take me a while to post them

HAHAHAHAAA I feel like the guy getting poked by the stick. First night of Fire School last night and it was the first of many late nights...... but well worth it.

Too funny to be "weird" LOL {although there is a somewhat serious side to this story - regarding children - and that part is not so funny}

Minister In Skirt Charged With Indecent Exposure
    Police Say Man Urinated In Front Of Kids, Offered Oral Sex To Cops

POSTED: 9:04 am EDT August 1, 2007

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. -- A Baptist minister has been charged in Tennessee with indecent exposure and driving under the influence.

Police said 58-year-old Tommy Tester of Bristol, Va., was wearing a skirt when he was arrested last week after allegedly relieving himself in front of children at a car wash.

A report also accuses Tester of offering police officers oral sex and says an open bottle of vodka and empty oxycodone prescription bottle was found in his car when Tester was arrested Friday.

Authorities identified Tester as the minister of Gospel Baptist Church in Bristol and an employee of Christian radio station WZAP-AM, also in Bristol. WZAP issued a statement asking for prayers and saying Tester has been suspended during an investigation.

Tester was released Friday on $1,000 bail. A hearing is scheduled for October.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Thread Information