Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

Forum Member

Exclamation

I think the "Mac" guys had him taken out. It's a big conspiracy, lots of secretive stuff, many accusation, and missing "memories" with loss of recollection. I can't say much more, I have a Dell, and I think it's being monitored..

They're pinging my nodes now!! Run for your lives!!

ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+alt+delete
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    lots of secretive stuff, many accusation, and missing "memories" with loss of recollection.
    I think thats a Windows problem, not a Dell problem.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

My system still runs Windows XP. So far, no prob...no prob....no prob....no prob....no prob....no prob...no prob... no problems...

Here lately, I've become very suspect of my McAfee Security programs. It seems like they are the culprits behind slow performance and unresponsive computer applications. They spend way too much time to download updates. Sometimes it causes the whole system to lock up. I've had very few Windows Specific problems, though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking my week ends on a happy note

I passed my final exam for my Homeland Security class with flying colours and have an "A" for my final grade. My other class in Emergency Management, I am still waiting for tbe final exam grade (although I expect an A there as well). But I am soooo happy about this grade. I loved this class. It was by far the most challenging class I have taken since I started to pursue my degree and it has opened my eyes to a potential future career (added with my BS in Fire Science). Someone has to be a driving force for the fire service in Homeland Security.

And it is Friday. I am a happy camper today. The past year has been full of crap. This brightens my whole outlook. I'll have to make myself a ncie dinner this weekend to celebrate (I have not even had time to make a really nice dinner this term, it was so tough.) I'd be happy to set an extra plate.

MembersZone Subscriber

It's Friday? Wow..It is Friday.....I never really keep track of days, I just sleep at home twice then go to work and sleep once...repeat.......Then there are those scheduled days off....sometimes I remeber......remember what? Friday? Nope I am working today or at least I am here............

Forum Member

Superchef, HOORAY For You!!! I'm glad to hear that you got an "A" after all of your work. Congratulations.

Fire Science, Homeland Security, Emergency Management.... What's next?? With those courses on your resume, you should consider running for Mayor of New Orleans... Especially with your talent in the culinary arts.... How much different could it be from California?

MembersZone Subscriber

Who's stirring the pot in the main forum? It is getting kind of amusing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ehs7554 View Post
    Who's stirring the pot in the main forum? It is getting kind of amusing.
    Someone actually reads the Main Forums????? Who has time, with all the great drama involved here??

Forum Member

The drama seems to have quieted down.

Is this the end of Act II?

Will there be a brief intermission?

Forum Member

I had it beat down, kicking, struggling and turning blue. I kept watching it, but just couldn't bring myself to jump in and help... If it had dropped from the front page, yeah, probably, but I was finding some odd pleasure in knowing that my last post lasted for over a week and a half. I wasn't trying to kill the thread that won't die, but I was enjoying it's fall from grace....

Forum Member

*insert music notes here* "........Free Fallin'.............."

but I was enjoying it's fall from grace....

Forum Member

Probably more like: "Last Dance with Mary Jane...."

MembersZone Subscriber

This thread's not dead - it's just observing a moment of silence. There are more important things to think about today.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default Right!..............

This Thread Is NOT DEAD......

It just smells that way........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    This Thread Is NOT DEAD......

It just smells that way........
    Thats because of all the ***** and abuse that we put it through every week!

Forum Member

Thanks Harve and Rick, I really needed to laugh and you two did it!

Forum Member

For a moment, I thought that smell was my lucky fishing hat...

Yesterday:

Spent most of Friday night wishing I had some Pepto Bismol to slow down my irritated bowels. Got up around 3:30 a.m. and loaded up boat to drive to boat ramp, approximately 1 1/2 hour drive away, stopping at Wal-Mart for Pepto and some fluids to fight my dehydration (and check out their restroom). Tournament started well, had a limit of keepers by 11:00 a.m. with bowels under seige by Pepto treatment. By 11:30, stopped under shade of huge tree to eat a bite. While knawing on some crackers, I picked up a rod with a small "shakey-head" jig and tossed it over the side of the boat in a half-hearted fishing attempt while sitting flat on my butt on the front deck, hat off, head hurting, and eyeballs burning (due to lack of sleep and loss of fluids). Upon reeling up the slack, less than a foot from the boat, the line started jumping, initializing that reflex to set the hook. This resulted in another keeper fish, which promptly landed in the boat, on top of my lucky hat.

So, I apologize for the smell, but, after all, it is my lucky hat. I finished 4th in the tournament, out of 10 members in the club fishing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    I refused to walk on the yellow brick road until someone explained to me exactly HOW those bricks became yellow.
    You can walk now. The answer is Krylon. Lots and lots of Krylon
    To err is human, To forgive divine and at times I am as much of both as you will ever find

MembersZone Subscriber

I finished 4th in the tournament, out of 10 members in the club fishing.
    KUULL ON YOU! I can't even get near the water right now, let alone toss a hook into it. I guess that might be one good thing about moving north. There is more water up there (thats not too badly contaminated) than a guy could know what to do with, but he can sure try and find out! I intend too, after getting on with the local vollie dept in Angus first.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

1214, just throw your hat in a bucket with water and lemon juice, swish and wring out several times, then rinse and it should be back to whatever its' pre-fish condition was.

Rick, what about the swimming in those lakes?

MembersZone Subscriber

I hear Wasaga Beach is pretty good in summer, but if the lakes in southern Ontario are anything like they are back in BC, they'll be warm in the shallows, but get pretty dang ( ! WHERE'D IT GO!!!) kind of cold once you get out a ways.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

??Swimming??

That's what happens when you unexpectedly get thrown from the boat in rough waves?? Right??

Otherwise, there are too many toothy critters that are hiding under the shadow of the boat. (Haven't you all seen Jaws, or Lake Placid???)

I got tossed out of my boat once. The water was too wet for my taste. My cell phone survived, but my socks were soggy.

I don't want to wash my lucky hat. It make take away my good luck "Mojo." IF I add a lemon, it may make my luck sour.

Forum Member

Swimming..............something I only got to do once this Summer. And haven't gotten to fish AT ALL! WAH!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Sex pays off for ex-Nortel employee. Engineer mortgaged home to fund R&D on sex toy for couples

Janet Wilson, Canwest News Service Published: Friday, September 19, 2008

Bruce Murison first got the idea for a two-way sex toy seven years ago while driving home from New York City with his wife.

"I started wondering if there really was a small sex toy out there that vibrates and could be used between two partners without interfering in normal lovemaking," Bruce said.

The 48-year-old mechanical engineer with 20 or so inventions to his name had spent most of his career at Nortel Networks in research and development. But when he was laid off in 2003, the father of three decided to take the biggest risk of his life. Over the next four years, without a salary and unbeknownst to most of his friends and family, he pursued his idea for a sex toy that vibrates between couples.

All avenues to fund his idea were tested -- from lines of credit to mortgages against their home.

"I'm a risk taker, but my wife is conservative -- that's why we work so well together," he said. "She invested two years and I've invested four years with no pay, plus our house was fully mortgaged."

Murison is now the proud owner of a patented sex toy that promises to make him wealthy.

"I can't believe I'm a sex-toy expert.

"We are the classic conservative heterosexual couple. We live in small-town North Gower."

When he returned home from that trip in April 2001, he began searching the Internet and realized that his idea wasn't out there. The few people he confided in said he shouldn't do it. Undeterred, he scribbled down his vision for the adult toy in his invention book and conducted online searches through the United States patent office. Nothing popped up.

Over the next three years he conducted his own clinical trials, asking a range of people to try the machine and report their likes and dislikes. He went to three strip clubs and to every sex shop in Ottawa.

Melody Murison admits watching her husband head out the door to talk with strippers made her uncomfortable. "Believe me, it took a lot of convincing. I was worried he'd run into someone from the kids' school or hockey."

Yet Melody, who continued to work part time in high tech until 2007, says her husband had her full support.

"To him, the We-Vibe is a product. He looked at it scientifically."

In the end, Murison met with about 100 people who tested the device and filled out a six-page questionnaire.

"I listened to what they had to say and heard comments like it wasn't springy or flexible enough. Whatever they didn't like, I tried to improve on and would start with a new mould and remake the innards of it."

He spent four years researching materials and motor technology for the We-Vibe.

To help finance the inventory, close friends and family invested several hundred thousand dollars. Seven months later, he flew to China to tour prospective factories, meet the workers and begin production.

Discreet in size, the We-Vibe is about 8.25 centimetres long and 2.54 centimetres wide, weighing only 60 grams. It's waterproof, has two speed settings and offers dual vibe stimulation. It also comes in a discreet sunglass case with a charger. The purple, crescent-shaped toy is seamless, soft and surrounded by medical-grade silicone. It conforms to the female shape.

Murison says his toy, which is priced at $130 US, isn't a replacement for the man -- it's an addition.

In January, the Murisons showcased the We-Vibe for the first time at a three-day lingerie show in Las Vegas. Within days, their phone started to ring -- and didn't stop.

The couple started working 16-hour days and had to hire someone to answer the phone. They now have five full-time employees and two part-time staffers.

One of their biggest coups came in May when Canadian sex expert Sue Johanson picked the We-Vibe as the "Sex Toy of the Year." Then Love Honey, the biggest sex website in the U.K., bought all of Bruce's stock that was slated for the European market.

To date, more than 20,000 We-Vibes have been sold. Bruce has distributors in the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Europe and the U.K. He headed back to China recently as production increases to 10,000 units a month.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008

Photo Credit:

Bruce Murison, the inventor of We-Vibe, said production of the sex toy for couples has been ramped up to 10,000 a month.
    Wayne Cuddington, Canwest News Service

Ooooooohhh I sssoooo know I'm gonna get beat up for this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Ooooooohhh I sssoooo know I'm gonna get beat up for this one!
    and why is that Rick? Is there something you are not telling us that we should know?

Thread Information