Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 275 FirstFirst ... 113163203210211212213214215216223263 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 5498
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

Subpart F-United States Standards for Grades of Frozen Fried Fish Sticks?

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe any breaded pre-shaped (square, rectanlge, triangle, etc.) qualifies it as a fish stick (much like coke,pepsi,dr.pepper...are all sodas). At that point you sub catagorize them into stick, chunk, breaded fillet, etc....
    I have found that microwaving fish sticks that do not have microwave directions, causes them to become very stiff.....tougher than leather.....hmmm. Fish Stick Fire Helmets??????

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygarcia View Post
    Subpart F-United States Standards for Grades of Frozen Fried Fish Sticks?

Give that man a prize (and ehs for the photo).

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking What??..........

You mean people actually EAT fish Sticks??......... Yuck.

Now if it Moos or Oinks, I'm in.

Last Saturdy night at Longhorn Saloon, Westminster Md:

Party of Eight, 4 Chiefs, 4 Mrs. Chiefs, including Laura and I.

Laura had a Veal something, I did a 16oz Prime Rib, Medium, with a Loaded Baked Potato, Sauteed Toadstools, and Slaw. Others ran the whole list, including the Big Ribeye Steak.......... And, of Course, Dessert............

One other thing. Isn't Tofu a little car made in Japan??......... Thanks, Be back later, Pizza Delivery just brought Dinner.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

No.

Tofu is that grungy stuff you scrape from between your toes after a hard days work.

What branch of the species do fish sticks come from?
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I did a 16oz Prime Rib, Medium, with a Loaded Baked Potato, Sauteed Toadstools, and Slaw. Others ran the whole list, including the Big Ribeye Steak.......... And, of Course, Dessert.

I am standing by
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

She shoots!

She scores!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    No.

Tofu is that grungy stuff you scrape from between your toes after a hard days work.

What branch of the species do fish sticks come from?

The male versions of the ones that supply fish fingers?

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I thought Fish Sticks were commonly made from Hake. Which is a pretty stupid name for a pretty ugly fish, so someone must have thought up the exotic variant "Fish Stick".

Which is similar to Fish Stichk in that it is unpalateable and stinks if not served properly. (bada-bing)
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up And............

OK, after considerable thought on my part, my answer to the question is Yes. Thank you very much.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

I didn't know we had to think about what we posted here.. Now I've got all this pressure on me to come up with something comprehensive that might add enlightenment and entertainment to all those who may read...

Uhmm..

Nope, nothing...

Maybe next time.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Comprehensive pressure. Isn't that something that you apply to a severe bleed?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking voodoo time

My sis, good sister that she is, sent me an "Office VooDoo kit". It comes with a little doll, on one side is a generic outline of a female, the other side is a generic outline of a man, both with suits on. It also has some stick pins and a spell book in it. Sufficient to say, there is a reason she sent it (besides making me laugh). Someone will shortly start having aches and pains all over her body as I start sticking pins in the doll.

I started last night actually. I wonder if she will stay home "sick" today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking it works

One person whose name I chanted while sticking a pin in it, emailed he is at the doctor this morning and will be late. the other one, has not shown up yet (although she has not emailed in yet..one can only hope.....

she never came in. voodoo works!
    Last edited by superchef; 02-22-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Forum Member

So what does the doctor think when your victim shows up with a huge pin stuck in their back?

And how much of your soul do you have to sell for this to work?

And do you still cook great sounding meals?

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    One person whose name I chanted while sticking a pin in it, emailed he is at the doctor this morning and will be late. the other one, has not shown up yet (although she has not emailed in yet..one can only hope.....

she never came in. voodoo works!
    And while I know for whom you refer as the "female"...... NAUGHTY NAUGHTY CHEFFIE!!!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LEWTFL View Post
    So what does the doctor think when your victim shows up with a huge pin stuck in their back?

And how much of your soul do you have to sell for this to work?

And do you still cook great sounding meals?
    1. Pin ***** is what I believe it would be called.

2. It is the other way around. They have taken too much of my soul. This is payback.

3. Yes. Although I have not had much time to cook for myself lately. That and there is no one to share a conversation and a meal with, I just do something quick and stick to my books. However, I may break down and buy some swordfish this weekend (although it is a bit expensive) and make myself something nice.

Rick- yes but being naughty is too fun.

Forum Member

Spring is gettting nearer. Soon it will be ground hog season.

Got lots of outdoor work to do this year. Yard clean up and bush trimming.

Hope we're done with the snow for this winter.

Nothing like springtime.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    1. Pin ***** is what I believe it would be called.

2. It is the other way around. They have taken too much of my soul. This is payback.

3. Yes. Although I have not had much time to cook for myself lately. That and there is no one to share a conversation and a meal with, I just do something quick and stick to my books. However, I may break down and buy some swordfish this weekend (although it is a bit expensive) and make myself something nice.

Rick- yes but being naughty is too fun.
    i agree,being naughty is too fun and lmao.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

RE: Voodoo dolls/fishing/luck...

Last year, at our last club fishing tournament, a friend put a "voodoo" doll in my cousin's boat, hidden in the storage compartment. This was to keep my cousin from winning. My cousin kept the doll in the boat to prove it wouldn't work. He had not caught a keeper fish since that day. Yesterday, at a tournament, he passed the doll along, and replaced it with a "lucky duck" that a friend had given him. He didn't touch the "Voodoo" doll, instead letting someone else do it. The doll eventually wound up in another person's boat, with the premise to prove it doesn't work. Upon beginning fishing, the new "victim" was using his electric trolling motor and heard a clicking sound from the motor. He pulled it up to find out that the attached transducer for his brand new, never used fishfinder had come loose, and the wire had been cut by the trolling motor prop. AFTER this, he and his partner decided to move to another location. While enroute, the boat's gas engine began to loose power, eventually shutting down completely. The engine had locked up, or in Bass fishing terms, Popped the powerhead! Maybe the voodoo doll was working.

A later update on the doll's effects, the person who removed the doll from my cousin's boat, and actually touched the doll had this to report, with no knowledge of the outcome from the boat he put it in. He had lost a good 5 pound keeper fish that had wrapped up on a stick, no more than an 2 inches around, all of which was clearly visible. His partner had bought a new motorcycle helmet to wear during cold weather in the boat. It was lost from his boat when they moved from one place to another. ($100 helmet rolled into the river from the boat deck.) To top it off, his electric trolling motor, which had just been fixed, once again broke. There seems to be a pattern to this "bad luck" doll...

As if this one day wasn't full of superstition and strange outcomes, my cousin showed his "lucky duck" to another competitor, who picked the duck up, and was playing with it. When he returned it to my cousin, he told my cousin that he had rubbed all the luck off of the duck. Long story short, the same person won the tournament...

Does anybody have any ideas where I can get some Lucky Charms for my boat???? I might even get a whole box of the cereal to keep in my boat for luck...
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Thread Information