Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

MembersZone Subscriber

So if a button did all that, would it correct your posts to proper english?

Forum Member

I put myself on my own ignore list. Now if I can get the little voices to go away...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default You Missed Him??...............

Originally posted by jerrygarcia

What about fruitcake?

The Fruitcake was here, he posted once, a page or two back.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42
    I put myself on my own ignore list. Now if I can get the little voices to go away...
    ROFLMFAO!!
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Wink Fruitcake in Crisis!

Fruitcake, much maligned, the butt of many jokes and practical jokes - and yet much esteemed by many, and an important part of many folks' holiday tradition and ritual.

It's fruitcake weather! so i am at the national fruitcake preservation institute to partake in the annual fruitcake ritual. as you can see, all the ingredients of a good fruitcake have been assembled.
    Fruit cake always tastes better when prepared on a table that is covered with a plastic christmas table cloth on it. non-christian fruitcake aficionados use a festive table cloths related to joyous occasions such a hanukkah, kwanza, winter solstice or the japanese emperors birthday.
    This is the most important ingredient - a copy of truman capote's "a christmas memory." omitting this vital ingredient renders the fruitcake inedible. this is the flaw with many commercial fruitcakes. these doomed fruitcakes remain unopened and circle the worldwide postal system never finding a home.No fan fare heralds the start of the ceremony. the ritual begins with the lining of the baking pan. butter secures the wax paper to the special fruitcake pan that has been handed down through the ages.
    I have the important task of creaming together the sugar and butter. the goodness of this fruitcake depends on how well i do this. i will live up to this challenge.the careful sifting of the secret dry ingredients reminds me of a gentle winter snow fall,an enchanting snow globe or baby powder on a hot summer day. don't you think so?
    Yummy nuts, candied fruit, holiday colored cherries, raisins and cute little currents are all mixed together in another bowl.
    I had better taste a walnut to make sure that is tasty enough for this special fruitcake. yep. it is.
    Bedecked in the ceremonial floral apron, the fruitcake master whips all the ingredients together with my creamed butter and sugar. What a stirring momentthe melange or fruits and nuts are then gingerly folded into the rich and creamy batter.it is always appropriate to taste the mixture at this point of the ceremony. I take just a little taste being mindful not to drool on the spoon. Accompanied by the humming of a cheerful improvised tune, the batter is poured into the fruitcake pan.
    Spreading the batter carefully in the pan assures that the cake will bake evenly and be attractive.
    oh! look! this wooden spoon looks like it needs to be licked clean. I am always happy to offer my services to such a task.
    Now, the solemn moment comes when the cake is placed in the preheated oven.
    A moment of silence is observed then the oven timer is set.
    All the ritual implements are now washed, dried and put away for use next year.
    The guardian of the fireplace has started a lovely roaring fire and the comfy chair is pulled close to the hearth.
    buzzzzz! the fruitcake is cooked! The aroma is over whelming and the lovely golden brown color is so stunning that it brings tears to my eyes.
    Using the traditional festive holiday potholder, the hot and friendly cake is placed on a cooling rack.

Then we wait for the cake to cool. this takes forever.... after a while, the fruitcake is removed from the pan and the protective wax paper is peeled off to expose the attractive character of the warm fruitcake.we wait some more for the cake to cool completely. this gives me an opportunity to admire the beautiful cake and ponder its mysteries just as the monks from the abbey of gethsemani do when they make their scrumptious fruit cakes.
    a hush falls over the room as the fruitcake is lowered into its new home. How calm and aromatic the fruitcake is during all this attention.
    now that the fruitcake is hermetically sealed in the high tech fruitcake vault. We must now wait for it to age to perfection before we open the container to taste it.
    the other guests have left, but, i am going to stick around so that i can be the first to greet the fruit cake when it comes out of the tin.

It sucks and I toss the **** away!Now lets cut the Cherry pie.
    Last edited by coldfront; 05-25-2005 at 12:11 AM.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Lightbulb Re: Re: No matter where you go....you're here

Originally posted by fireguy919

No matter where you go you are here. There is always there and here is always here. You can there but when you get there it will be here. You have been back there. No matter how much you try you are always here never there and just been back there.
    ...whoa.

Forum Member

Cool Please Help!

Anyone seen my baseball.

Hillbilly Irish!

District Chief

Wink

never cared much for fruitcakes!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Change that to Tortuga Rum cake and I'm in!

Forum Member

Is there a support group for those of us that
    want to post on this thread but are afraid
    that we will kill the thread killing thread???

Forum Member

CLEAR!!.....ZAP...

We have a pulse. Wow, that was close

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Forum Member

Do we have a PULSE ??????????
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

Originally posted by BFDNJFF
    Do we have a PULSE ??????????
    Its weak, but I think I feel it. I would hate for this thread to....DIE

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I will decide when this thread ends.

It will end when I call someone an anti-cop, liberal, no-experience, low post count, atupid moronic mutt and not before.
    Well, you do that a couple of times a day, so shouldn't be long now....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Red face Thread is stable but not out of the woods!

The thread is stable lets move it up to ICU and monitor the thread for a while.

Hillbilly Irish!

MembersZone Subscriber

I just heard someone shout "Death to the thread."
    Don't know who it was, the elevator door closed just as I turned to look.
    The thread is tucked into a bed in I SEE YOU which is why it won't die; it's too curious.
    Others will point out that curiosity kills.
    Bookies are laying odds at 50/50 for the thread.
    Film at 11...
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

How about a little of a run I had yesterday. Normal(?) day, EMS CEU classes in the A.M. in another district, large Anhydrous Ammonia leak in our second alarm district(of course we were at class). Released from class for coverage.

Now it gets strange. I work in a triple house. Six man Heavy Rescue, 3 man Pumper(there were 4 + 1 probie yesterday) and my Tiller(4 + 1 probie). The truck usually gets around 20 EMS calls/year with the other rigs running EMS first.

We beat the ambulance to the scene. Apartment building that you could smell from the street. Rodents and other nasty insects all over the place and about 95 degrees inside. Crap piled waist high, our patient was in the very back room. 'Bill' was laying on his side on a make-shift bed of blankets and pillows on the floor. No initial complaints.......he had a stoma so I had to start lip reading through his silent distressful crying. No feelings anywhere and paralyzed for some reason.

Pulse - 80
    Resp - 28
    BP - unknown(damn probie)
    PERL
    and a very useless ALS crew. They didn't want to touch him or anything in the apt.

At this point the ALS(metro ambulance or MAST) crew was trying to figure out how to extract him from the apt. through all of the crap. As they stood idle, we boarded 'Bill' and moved him to the cot awaiting in the front of the building. The ALS crew was turning to return to the ambulance without touching the patient when I had had enough. I told them to wait a second. I recalled my guys to pick up their equipment for them so that they could have their hands free to actually do their job.

This was a vent for frustration over a very poor ALS unit. There are more parts that I left out or omitted, this was just the high/lowlights.

We're a career department that is BLS only, with the ALS ambulance in private sector funded by the city. Non-profit organization staffed by a for profit company. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Forum Member

I get the feeling that your post may kill this thread, so im gonna post before it dies and you become manically depressed foe being the one to kill this thread.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

HMMMPPHH,...... I reckon I might kill again,.... If'n I had to
    Gravity, not just a good idea....
    Its THE LAW!

Sanity is not statistical.

Forum Member

Well, how big 'a boy are ya?

Thread Information