Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thread killer

  1. #1051
    Forum Member
    PattyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    No we call you folk in the northern hemisphere 'over the top'.

    I vote we push for this thread to become a 'sticky'. I dont think this is an overly stupid proposal; i just think it would be easier. I always check this thread everytime i come on, and looking for it can be annoying. And by annoying i mean having to scroll down half a page.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

    For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

  2. #1052
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Then we'll just have to keep 'bumping' it up

    ... bump up the volume ... bump up the volume.... bump bump....
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  3. #1053
    MembersZone Subscriber
    rualfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    444

    Default The thread that never ends?

    One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.
    One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.
    One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.
    One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.
    One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.One day they started singing it,
    not knowing what it was.
    And now they'll keep on singing it forever just because...
    Its the song that never ends.



    Hey.. I'm flying to Pittsburgh on Sunday for a week of training a a Mitsubishi facility in Warrendale. Does anyone have connections near there?
    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

    *~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

  4. #1054
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    How dare you say that this whole thread is SPAM.

    There is a veritable plethora of valuable information that many a great mind has written.

    I mean who else would thought of putting a slice of SPAM between two Fig Newtons? Granted I do not eat pork, but where else would someone have come up with that?

    Besides, Cheffie threw down the gauntlet to bring a few cases of SPAM and Fig Newtons to the doorstep.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  5. #1055
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,983

    Default beware of San Francisco this weekend

    I think I will have to hide somewhere. There is another anti-war protest march, a leather and fetish fair and a "Love Parade". All in one fun -filled exciting weekend. I wonder what would happen if you thought you were going to the leather fair and ended up in the war protest in your leather and whips and chains. Better bring some of those fig newtons and cans of spam to defend yourself.


    ps. just don't leave them on my doorstep.

  6. #1056
    Forum Member
    PFDTruck2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Default

    We don't have any thing like leather and fetish fairs around here. Although we do have Celtic Fest this weakend.
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

    www.94firedept.com

    IACOJ proud member

  7. #1057
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PFDTruck2
    We don't have any thing like leather and fetish fairs around here. Although we do have Celtic Fest this weakend.
    Is there a difference? A bunch of people in leather with whips or a bunch of guys wearing funny look'n skirts? Right Rev?


    **OK... NOW I'M RUNNING AND DUCKING!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  8. #1058
    MembersZone Subscriber
    rualfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    Is there a difference? A bunch of people in leather with whips or a bunch of guys wearing funny look'n skirts? Right Rev?
    The difference is that the guys with leather and whips aren't wearing underwear... And the guys in skirts are....

    nevermind...

    you're right. There is no difference.
    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

    *~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

  9. #1059
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rualfire
    The difference is that the guys with leather and whips aren't wearing underwear...

    and you came about this information how rual?

  10. #1060
    MembersZone Subscriber
    rualfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superchef
    and you came about this information how rual?
    The leather guys I would assume preffer going commando. Because what fun would leather pants with no ***** in them be if you were wearing tighty whitey's?

    The Kilt Clad Kaber Tossers take pride in the fact that real men don't wear underwear under thier kilt. Just ask.. You'll get an eyefull.

    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

    *~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

  11. #1061
    Forum Member
    skyraider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    601

    Default

    [QUOTE=superchef]I think I will have to hide somewhere. There is another anti-war protest march, a leather and fetish fair and a "Love Parade". All in one fun -filled exciting weekend. I wonder what would happen if you thought you were going to the leather fair and ended up in the war protest in your leather and whips and chains. Better bring some of those fig newtons and cans of spam to defend yourself.

    Hey Cheffie...better yet...Just set you up a "SPAM & Newton" Stand and serve Pina Coladas. You'll attract the "meat lover," the "vegetarian," the "fairies" all at once. You'll not only get great business but you'll get you a sweetload of entertainment too!

  12. #1062
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    All of that freak - freak stuff really surprises me. I thought that San Francisco was a quiet, peaceful, quiet city. A little on the conservative side of things I was told.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  13. #1063
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ChiefReason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Illinois-where pertnear is close enough!
    Posts
    5,636

    Default

    Has anyone seen a leprechaun lately, or is it just me?
    And I'm not talking Keebler elf. I'm talkin' the real deal. Straight out of Darby O'Gill and the Little People.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

  14. #1064
    Forum Member
    PFDTruck2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Was he looking for his lucky charms?
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

    www.94firedept.com

    IACOJ proud member

  15. #1065
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Sharkie- of course we are a peacefully conservative liberal city. Would you want us to be any other way? Besides, everyone who has come to visit me has gotten out alive.

    CR- You should cut back on the medicinal brandy.

  16. #1066
    Forum Member
    RspctFrmCalgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
    Posts
    6,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PattyV
    No we call you folk in the northern hemisphere 'over the top'.

    I vote we push for this thread to become a 'sticky'. I dont think this is an overly stupid proposal; i just think it would be easier. I always check this thread everytime i come on, and looking for it can be annoying. And by annoying i mean having to scroll down half a page.
    Two words: Email notification
    September 11th - Never Forget

    I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

    Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

    RAY WAS HERE FIRST

  17. #1067
    Forum Member
    RspctFrmCalgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
    Posts
    6,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rualfire
    The leather guys I would assume preffer going commando. Because what fun would leather pants with no ***** in them be if you were wearing tighty whitey's?

    The Kilt Clad Kaber Tossers take pride in the fact that real men don't wear underwear under thier kilt. Just ask.. You'll get an eyefull.

    OK I must admit, I posted the previous reply to Patty before I had finished catching up on all the pages I was behind on.





    But I can't let rual's post go by without wondering why MOTOWN hasn't commented yet!
    September 11th - Never Forget

    I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

    Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

    RAY WAS HERE FIRST

  18. #1068
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Huh?..................

    Quote Originally Posted by superchef
    Pan-seared sea scallops
    served with a champange grape-toasted almond sauce

    Braised endive with asiago cheese

    Roasted Pear Salad
    oven roasted pears served over a bed of baby arugula and topped with toasted hazelnuts and then drizzled with a white grape juice-thyme dressing
    I don't remotely have a clue what this is, so I'm sticking with the 5 main food groups:

    Burgers, Fries, Pizza, Ice Cream, and Cola.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  19. #1069
    MembersZone Subscriber
    rualfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    444

    Default

    I thought the food groups were

    Boxes, Bottles, Bags Cans.

    (I think we had this conversation already)
    SRFD905 - Serving since 1998

    *~-|EGH|FTM|-~*

  20. #1070
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Guys


    I hope you at least know what sea scallops are (they are the BIG scallops). Champagne grapes are very small grapes so called because they resemble champagne bubbles. Once the sea scallops are cooked you then saute the grapes with herbs, melon juice and toasted almonds to make a sauce.

    Endive is in the lettace family. it is a small oblong round head (about 3" long) very pale leaves. Braise it in white wine then top it with asiago cheese and put it under the broiler to carmalize it a bit. It is very good.

    I assume you know what a pear is. Roast it in the oven with a honey glaze. Baby arugula is small leaves of srugula (which resembles spinach) but has a bit of a peppery taste and is very good as a salad green.

    Chief Woods, I think I need to come to your station and cook you guys up a real meal.

    Unfortunately, webteam has not mastered how to insert aroma into the forums yet.


  21. #1071
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Okayyyyyyy.................... ......

    Quote Originally Posted by superchef

    I assume you know what a pear is.
    Well, Yeah, Pear is the first syllable in the word "Pearamedic" And, do you know why they are called Pearamedics? Because there are always two ( a Pear) on the Ambulance...........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  22. #1072
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Can you substitute bay scallops for the sea scallops?

  23. #1073
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods
    Well, Yeah, Pear is the first syllable in the word "Pearamedic" And, do you know why they are called Pearamedics? Because there are always two ( a Pear) on the Ambulance...........
    That was bad man. That was a really, really bad joke. You are cut off from further "attempts" and "humor."
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  24. #1074
    Forum Member
    PFDTruck2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEWTFL
    Can you substitute bay scallops for the sea scallops?
    What if you live on a river?
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

    www.94firedept.com

    IACOJ proud member

  25. #1075
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEWTFL
    Can you substitute bay scallops for the sea scallops?

    Yes if you wanted to. I like sea scallops better. here is the recipe

    16 large sea scallops
    5 tbsp unsalted butter
    1 shallot minced
    2/3 cup champagne grapes (or black grapes, halved)
    1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
    1 1/2 tbps chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley

    Sprinkle scallops with salt & pepper. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat. Cook butter ntil beginning to brown ( about 2 minutes). Add scallops, cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm. Add remaining butter to same pan. Add shallots and grapes, saute until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juice. Bring mixture to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in almonds and parsley and serve over scallops.

    a nice crisp New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc will go nicely.
    Last edited by superchef; 09-24-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register