Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3844

Thread: Info on Iraq

Forum Member

Default Smokeeaterey

SMOKIE!! Hey shoot me a email. I need the dispatch # at Taji so i can tell Cruz he's a girl. Firekeith1221@yahoo.com
    Peace
    Godfather aka your Papa

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

can some one explain what is like over there. are you always under fire or are you behind the lines. do you stay on the base or do you ever get off the base. any info will be very helpful to me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hfdf42
    can some one explain what is like over there. are you always under fire or are you behind the lines. do you stay on the base or do you ever get off the base. any info will be very helpful to me.
    You'll be under more scrutiny from your fellow firefighters as far as your job skills more than any "incoming" rounds. I've been at my base here going on my 3rd week....and I hear booms all the time. Nothing has 'hit' on here. They can't aim for crap, their munitions are a high percentage of duds, and we have the BEST armed forces out protecting us....not to mention all the PSD guys out there surviving another day doing what they do.

Trust me...I feel safe here. Honestly.

Going off base ? maybe from one base to another...but that's it. company policy - no off base responses.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro73
    You'll be under more scrutiny from your fellow firefighters as far as your job skills more than any "incoming" rounds. I've been at my base here going on my 3rd week....and I hear booms all the time. Nothing has 'hit' on here. They can't aim for crap, their munitions are a high percentage of duds, and we have the BEST armed forces out protecting us....not to mention all the PSD guys out there surviving another day doing what they do.

Trust me...I feel safe here. Honestly.

Going off base ? maybe from one base to another...but that's it. company policy - no off base responses.

thanks for the info. i fly out on the 1st of may. do you have any pictures that you can send me. if you do email me at hfdf42@aol.com. do you have any advace on what to bring or anything. thanks again

MembersZone Subscriber

Ygm...................

MembersZone Subscriber

well i overnighted out my application out yesterday, so they should have recieved it by 10:30 this morning. hope everything goes quickly, would like to get outta here asap.

Forum Member

Default In your opinion...

What are better: BDU's or 5.11 tactical pants?

MembersZone Subscriber SmokeEater1's Avatar

Default Over and Over

Quote Originally Posted by robobgs
    What are better: BDU's or 5.11 tactical pants?
    The Tactical Pants design is so much better.. but let me offer you a little light with some constructive criticisim... Go to BDU.COM and look for Tactical pants, cheaper than 5.11 same design if not better, Proper Tac pants are $30 each.. so $10 more a pair vs. BDU style but $15 less a pair vs. 5.11... Look at my recent posts on this topic.

The Constructive Criticisim:

To everyone on this thread!
    Take the time to go back through all these pages, as all of us did orignally on the 1st Forum that was deleted, dont be lazy or procrastinate.(I myself read through over 130 pages of posts on the 1st forum, took the time of 2-3 days read it all and then went from there ) before I started asking questions. Look at all the info passed and you will d**n near find out everything and every answer to your questions.. I have noted that over the past 3 months with the influx of Hiring going on the same quesitons are repeated often within a few pages.. This is REDUNDANT (become familiar with this word), if you want the info invest the time and actually earn it. If you see someone has posted something intresting and helpful click on there there profile and pull up all there posts... Chances are they have posted other legitimate information.
    I have no ambition in this world but one.. That is to be a Firefighter! The position in the eyes of some may appear to be a lowly one... It is a nobel calling

Forum Member

Default SMokie!!! CRUZ!!!

So you didn't answer which pant is better!!! HA HA just razzling you. The best pant is the free two pair i got from WSI when i started. Free rules. Oh yeah and BDU.com pants barely lasted the year.
    Cruz are you out there? Smokie tell Cruz he's a girl.

Cruz i miss you in town here. I have no one to yell at.

Hughes Whats Technical Rescue? HA HA!!!!!

Smoke Eater are any of these readers listening to your posts? Serious! Tell them to bring night vision goggles. Essential they are. Bring they Must.

Vote for Pedro

Forum Member

Thanks for the bit on the pants. Holy crap!!! I just got my 2nd packet today. How many trees did they sacrafice for that packet? I started filling out some of it and my hand hurts. I am on the fence about the insurance. I heard that medical care on the base is covered 100%. I really don't feel like paying $470/month on insurance for my R&Rs. Any suggestions or advice?

Forum Member

Wait till you get to the medical packet!... It ended up costing me about $600 after it was all said and done. I also had to go to about 3 different places to get it all done, one good thing about it is, save your receipts and they will reimburse you for your physical and immunizations.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cost

My bloodwork alone was $988 and $160 for the physical not to mention the 2 shots that i had to get.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by robobgs
    Thanks for the bit on the pants. Holy crap!!! I just got my 2nd packet today. How many trees did they sacrafice for that packet? I started filling out some of it and my hand hurts. I am on the fence about the insurance. I heard that medical care on the base is covered 100%. I really don't feel like paying $470/month on insurance for my R&Rs. Any suggestions or advice?
    Robobgs, send me an email about this... imurr17@yahoo.com

back home for the first time in MANY years

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeEater1
    The Constructive Criticisim:

To everyone on this thread!
    Take the time to go back through all these pages, as all of us did orignally on the 1st Forum that was deleted, dont be lazy or procrastinate.(I myself read through over 130 pages of posts on the 1st forum, took the time of 2-3 days read it all and then went from there ) before I started asking questions. Look at all the info passed and you will d**n near find out everything and every answer to your questions.. I have noted that over the past 3 months with the influx of Hiring going on the same quesitons are repeated often within a few pages.. This is REDUNDANT (become familiar with this word), if you want the info invest the time and actually earn it. If you see someone has posted something intresting and helpful click on there there profile and pull up all there posts... Chances are they have posted other legitimate information.
    Now how in the heck could you expect future WSI firefighters to do something as complex as read, study or do research? You ought to know better, considering you ain't known how to read that long yourself!

Hey there, brother -- just had to bust your balls a bit. I'm plenty short, but not as short as you. Thirty-eight days, by God!

-- Stretch --

Lightbulb Kiss My Country 4th Point of Contact

[QUOTE=ranahan]Now how in the heck could you expect future WSI firefighters to do something as complex as read, study or do research? You ought to know better, considering you ain't known how to read that long yourself!

Hey there, brother -- just had to bust your balls a bit. I'm plenty short, but not as short as you. Thirty-eight days, by God!

-- Stretch --[/QUOTE

BS on the redin' part, I's beens edumakated as a double naught spi...
    D**n suprised to see your still alive on this A/O.. I am plenty short timing, 10 days a wake up and I leave base, 13 days total and I am on the way to TN! but at least I dont have to falsify a name like "Stretch" to make up for the real short anatomical comings... ps: in order to bust my B*lls you would have to grow some in the first place... start by getting to the gym more often. LMAO!! Cant wait to greet you with a bottle in hand, beer in other.. Dont get misconceived on that... they are for me... You'll be SOLE unless you BYOB from the flight U know I will hook you up!

I am trying to set these new folks on the right path in order to deviate from the norm of procrastination, and in utter almost worthless hope... help alleviate some of the problems in the quality of personnel we have experienced in country. You know me I am a believer and want to restore the luster in this mission and set help set the bar to where it should be with top notch #1 superb FF's representing the greatest nation in the world, on the forefront with the greatest public we could be honored to serve... (For Yall That Dont Know) That means the US Military!!
    I have no ambition in this world but one.. That is to be a Firefighter! The position in the eyes of some may appear to be a lowly one... It is a nobel calling

BS on the redin' part, I's beens edumakated as a double naught spi...
    D**n suprised to see your still alive on this A/O.. I am plenty short timing, 10 days a wake up and I leave base, 13 days total and I am on the way to TN! but at least I dont have to falsify a name like "Stretch" to make up for the real short anatomical comings... ps: in order to bust my B*lls you would have to grow some in the first place... start by getting to the gym more often. LMAO!! Cant wait to greet you with a bottle in hand, beer in other.. Dont get misconceived on that... they are for me... You'll be SOLE unless you BYOB from the flight U know I will hook you up!
    I'm only on this contraption because...well...what better is there to do at 0-dark-thirty on a relatively quiet base?
    By the way...you're wrong, my friend, for pointing out to these fine people that I'm not so blessed in length when it comes to MY NOSE. And it's you who needs to grow some cojones back after taking all those 'roids in order to act like a gym rat.
    BYOB on the flight? Hell, they're gonna have to pour me out of the fuselage.

I am trying to set these new folks on the right path in order to deviate from the norm of procrastination, and in utter almost worthless hope... help alleviate some of the problems in the quality of personnel we have experienced in country. You know me I am a believer and want to restore the luster in this mission and set help set the bar to where it should be with top notch #1 superb FF's representing the greatest nation in the world, on the forefront with the greatest public we could be honored to serve... (For Yall That Dont Know) That means the US Military!!
    I too hope that your effort here isn't in vain, and that the caliber of the personnel coming through the ol' tents at Dan Parker improves...but only time will tell, I suppose. I've done what I can to leave a positive mark on this place, this organization and -- most importantly -- these soldiers we serve (though you know my opinion on just how lasting that impression will be), and I can only hope that the current and future personnel on this assignment will hold true to the standards that the best of us have set.

There. Now it's time to go back to waiting for something to burn.

Arrow What to Do

I'm only on this contraption because...well...what better is there to do at 0-dark-thirty on a relatively quiet base?

Try this..start with your belt.. wait I better be tactful and diligent with the god forsaken sensitivity that surronds us. Hmm actually go through and look at all your posts... you spend way to much time nurturing a keyboard and net connection LMAO.

By the way...you're wrong, my friend, for pointing out to these fine people that I'm not so blessed in length when it comes to MY NOSE.

HORSE S#8T! your not faking your way out of "actually" coming out of the closet.. I know by far way to much to disclose to our adoring public to know for a fact your nose nor does anything else indicate that your a lesbian.. Maybe at heart, soul and dreams... But come on hero.. hang in there and dont let the sand get to you that bad... your hypocrisy has to have a limit

And it's you who needs to grow some cojones back after taking all those 'roids in order to act like a gym rat

Naw dar' u gawn n dun did it blasted smoke, made idle allegations, and publicily accused me of wrong doin's against my own temple Sorry to disappoint you but nothing anabolic what-so-ever in my program... Something that u may not be aware of and customed to is though ... Hard work, discipline, teamwork and dedication I do have a good supplement stack to help enhance the program.. FYI I can give you a personal referance list if you wanna ask if this stuff causes any detrimental side effects (actually promotes "whole body" growth).. And u know I am no rat... u're the attic rat Slim... I just break stuff..

BYOB on the flight? Hell, they're gonna have to pour me out of the fuselage.

Poor me, poor me.... pour me another shot of whiskey!! "Emirates" Flight Attendent hit (on me with JD) one more time! When you get pumped from Aircraft drainage system better be ready to CowBoy Up, Get Rowdy, Reach Down grab'em and Throw Down.... ITS ON!!

I too hope that your effort here isn't in vain, and that the caliber of the personnel coming through the ol' tents at Dan Parker improves...but only time will tell, I suppose. I've done what I can to leave a positive mark on this place, this organization and -- most importantly -- these soldiers we serve (though you know my opinion on just how lasting that impression will be), and I can only hope that the current and future personnel on this assignment will hold true to the standards that the best of us have set..

Well said amigo, like I told you I will stick here and keep the fight of faith alive and kick'n for the down to earth good Men/Women Troops of our country and, the ones we do work with that are good FF's and hopefully the ones that will be here in the upcoming future.. *This 1's Fer the Kickers*STRONG WORK!!

There. Now it's time to go back to waiting for something to burn

Stop playing with matches at the desk, or looking at flash images on the net... Get past it man for god sake... The big one a real one isnt coming your way. Got to be at the busiest base in theatre for those I'm Outta Here

--HillBilly--
    Last edited by SmokeEater1; 03-29-2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Firehouse.net/server made errors with symbols

Question A little FF Fun:How Smart R U Fire Buffs On Here?

I want to know how many of you can get the correct answer to this question "What is in water that puts fires out?"

If you think you know the answer DO NOT BLURT IT OUT/TYPE IT/POST IT ON THE FORUMS just post I know, then PM me or shoot me an email with your answer to SmokeEater1@gmail.com

I got asked this by the Chief yesterday.. Thought about it a min... gave some of the basic possible answers, went through the chemistry and chemical compound of what makes water, elaborated more and more all of them being wrong... Then I was threatend/given the ultimatum of get the correct answer by the end of the day-without help, or write a 500 word essay. The only thing I could reference was another FF if I thought I had the answer right.. Keep the honor and integrity of the "Brotherhood" alive and lets have some fun.

Try this..start with your belt..
    I'm at the desk, bro. There are things that even I would not do. Not to say that it hasn't been done before, or so I'm betting. That's why I always hit the workspace up with some Lysol before I take a shift in here.

HORSE S#8T! your not faking your way out of "actually" coming out of the closet.. I know by far way to much to disclose to our adoring public to know for a fact your nose nor does anything else indicate that your a lesbian.. Maybe at heart, soul and dreams... But come on hero.. hang in there and dont let the sand get to you that bad... your hypocrisy has to have a limit
    Dude, I have never been afraid to admit that I'm a lesbian. I can't imagine being any other way. Maybe you ought to think about becoming one yourself. It has better benefits than that beastiality junk you're into.

Naw dar' u gawn n dun did it blasted smoke, made idle allegations, and publicily accused me of wrong doin's against my own temple Sorry to disappoint you but nothing anabolic what-so-ever in my program... Something that u may not be aware of and customed to is though ... Hard work, discipline, teamwork and dedication I do have a good supplement stack to help enhance the program.. FYI I can give you a personal referance list if you wanna ask if this stuff causes any detrimental side effects (actually promotes "whole body" growth).. And u know I am no rat... u're the attic rat Slim... I just break stuff..
    Blah, blah, blah...
    A temple? Holy crap, son -- that stuff has cooked your eggs AND your brain cells. You need to lay off the juice, brother!
    And hard work? The only sweat that's ever been on your body is what's been slung towards you from someone such as myself working while you stood around runnin' your mouth!

(All right, brother...I'll quit funnin' now.)

the tall Irish f__k

PS -- 36 and a wakeup!

Forum Member

Default Smoke

Smoke,

I fly to Houston April 10 and will be heading over later that week! Again, thanks for the help along the way. And don't worry there is someone with the same work ethic, same belief in team and same redneck hillbilly upbringing to carry the torch!!! Exactly what did you mean by fourth point of contact?? drop me an email...ltdenning@hotmail.com. ..

Thread Information