Thread: Info on Iraq

Forum Member

Hey there you Iraq fire dogs...

We had a hooch row fire on New Years Eve here on Anaconda... Anyone here participate??? Don't forget who was stretching your hoselines for you...LOL

Come on by the KBR clinic and I will happily give you a free shot!

MedicDVG

MembersZone Subscriber

FYI WSI nor KBR have firefighters at Anaconda I am not at at that base but I believe the people you are looking for is the Air Force.

MembersZone Subscriber

I love Computers!!!!!!
    Last edited by bm4455; 01-12-2007 at 01:01 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have a Nice Day
    Last edited by bm4455; 01-12-2007 at 12:59 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe you were stretching hose for the Air Force maybe they will make you firefighter for a day.

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah anaconda is air force fire protection. haha i bet a lot of cherries got popped at that tent fire!

MembersZone Subscriber

I had a major malfunction

Forum Member

Talking in the morning

well my flight is at 9:40am. I am ready to go to the big sand box so see everyone soon later

Forum Member

Good luck over here.. If you get to Anaconda, stop in and say hi.

BTW here is a pic of the Hi-tech Anaconda Fire Station 1.
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3667/tmp7421tf2.jpg

Forum Member

Talking here i come

well brothers here i com i fly out of texas sunday at 1600 let me know if there is a base i should request here is my email sbfd1286@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sbfd1286 View Post
    well brothers here i com i fly out of texas sunday at 1600 let me know if there is a base i should request here is my email sbfd1286@hotmail.com
    in my experience you can request any base you like, but i don't know anyone who has gone where they requested.
    Last edited by h20squirter; 01-19-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Forum Member

Default FEB 18th WSI

Hey guys, I just got my last packet and it looks like Im leaving Feb 18th with WSI, Im really excited, I was just wondering if anyone else was leaving about the same time.

toldtrueguy@hotmail.com

Forum Member

Question Thinking about WSI

I have been thinking about applying for WSI for the last few months. Is there anything that I might need to know about the hiring process and the week in H town? I have my resume finished but have not sent it yet. I do not plan on leaving until after the 1st of Aug. is it to early to send the resume in? I have the support of my wife.

Forum Member

Default Application

Hello everyone,
    Just finished filling out my application tonight. I will overnight it to Astrid tomarrow and see how things go. It took me a week to go through all of the posts here to get my questions answered, so hopefully things will go smooth.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default After the sandbox experience

My first post:

I have a question. I’m looking for a reply on the “after sandbox” experience. I am one of those looking at contract work from both the money and the experience. I have met the requirements of my retirement on a medium size municipal department, rose through the ranks to Capt..

I know that the money is good, but does the experience you gain (in the sandbox) give you what you need to get a job back home when you are done? I’m taking about Battalion Chief and higher.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on contract work.
    Last edited by chavez; 02-15-2007 at 12:48 PM.

You guys that are at anaconda... I don;t know how to ask this but if you are there... my girlfriend is there, and I need a huge favor. Id like to ask some questions. We're being really strained by the distance, and I want to see if theres any way to get something to her that she'd be suprised by. She works high up in KBR. I doubt theres a way to get her flowers, but I'd pay for them right away if someone could deliver them.

I know this is a sappy *** post, but man, it's so hard, and I hope none of you guys are feeling it back the other way with loved ones. My whole family does drives to send supprot over to the troops, american legion, etc, and I know it's tough on civillians too.

my email is deft_is_me at yahoo.com if you want to help. This is really time sensitive... if you can help, please do!

This is a bit off topic, but I'm hoping you guys can help a guy out. i tell you man, being back here and my girl being there is real tough.

My girlfriend is KBR high up logisitics at your base. This is sort of personal, but we are feeling the strain of the distance, and if you are there, i just hope you aren't feeling the same way with a girl back the other way, its tough.

Right now its hard, and things arent going so well, and I'm trying desperately to find a way to make an impression, do something out of the ordinary. You might laugh, but I'm trying to find anyone that has the means to deliver something that would be of significance like flowers. You know what i mean, i doubt there is a way to get flowers there, but ****, if I could pay for them, I'd do it. i just know know if there are any options at the stores there at all.

Do you have any idea or could help? I need to get to her soon, this is sort of time sensitive, and just anything would be so appreciated. me and my car club here send over magazines there for her to pass out every year to help pass the time (maybe you saw one, socal3s.com) and I'm just hioping to get some help sort of the same way.

Thanks for your time, I'm deft_is_me@yahoo.com if you'd like to respond. You'd have all the karma in the world.

Stay safe,
    -Bill

MembersZone Subscriber

hope some one can help I have had no luck getting a job in the states so i am considering the private contract rout in iraq but I dont know alot about it. any and all info would be appriciated however one thing i still havent seen on the postings is how to go about applying and what kind of expiriance and training is required, that beeing my main set back in the u.s.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cm5000 View Post
    hope some one can help I have had no luck getting a job in the states so i am considering the private contract rout in iraq but I dont know alot about it. any and all info would be appriciated however one thing i still havent seen on the postings is how to go about applying and what kind of expiriance and training is required, that beeing my main set back in the u.s.
    as far as KBR goes, for a minimum they want 3 years of firefighting experience, firefighter II, first responder, and HazMat ops & awareness. they might be a little flexible with the 3 years but the certs are a must. any driver/operator certs you have would help a lot too, especially ARFF. to apply go to this link : http://kbrcareers.webrecruiter.com/p...440003BA74E87F create a profile, attach your resume to your profile, then do a job search for firefighter. if you have any more questions about that or about the job over here email me at firedog004@yahoo.com

I have been told WSI gives everyone 90k to start. Has anyone had any luck negotiating a better contract and if so, what are your qualifications

Thanks

Ben@On-DVD.com

Forum Member

Default Bucca beware

If your at Bucca be carefull about the new lieutenant your getting. I had the misfortune to be stuck at his station now and then (thank God not permanant) at B6.

If it's after 1900 and you get a call make sure you get a whiff of his breath before you let him on a truck. If you catch my meaning.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HectorIV88 View Post
    I hope that everyone that is fighting fire here in the U.S or overseas is keeping it real and not making us firemen look bad. Anyways My friend and I are leaving from North Carolina April 16 2007 and we were wondering if anyone else is heading out that date as well. I'm a little nervouse but my father in law is over there and he says it is nothing but EASY $UCKING money just do what your told and make the money. He said at his base they are not allowed to work out or play sports with the military guys, if you get hurt and in trouble if not work related. He has gotten ARFF Cert. Leadership 1 & 2, and telecommunications 1 & 2. My email is HectorIV88@hotmail.com so write me if you are heading over. Hopefully i meet some cool people, and just have fun trip over and fun while I'm there.
    Define " keeping it real" Im sure we will try to meet your standards........ anyways it all matters what base you go to. You could see alot of action or not. Where Im at is moderate, we get some good calls and some days are slow. We get to see some pretty good action as well. Some bases are in some pretty bad places. Most of us work out 1-2 times a day and in the same gym as the military (some just eat cake and pizza and dont work out). We have a rule on lifting, you will find that out and laugh later. Also no we cant play base sports which does suck considering we get called out by the military all the time. Its not a bad gig, get ready to train if you go to some bases. Its really not a bad gig........... you get your telecommunicator 1&2 right when you get there.
    Last edited by toldtrueguy; 04-01-2007 at 02:46 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Don't believe everything in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by WSIFire View Post
    If your at Bucca be carefull about the new lieutenant your getting. I had the misfortune to be stuck at his station now and then (thank God not permanant) at B6.

If it's after 1900 and you get a call make sure you get a whiff of his breath before you let him on a truck. If you catch my meaning.

I can honestly say this is the first time I have responded on Firehouse to any of these rediculous comments.

It would be appreciated by all if rediculous comments such as this are left out of the forums and that individuals stick to facts instead of spreading rumors and slander.

Everyone talks in Iraq so it will get out sooner or later when individuals such as yourself hide behind a user name. No one is interested in your opinions.

Forum Member

I'd keep the comments to myself if it wasn't true.

About you calling it slander. I might not be the greatest speller in the world but before I use a word I make sure I know its meaning. Slander is used to refer to a verbal statement. For written statements (such as this forum) the word you want is libel.

But your still wrong, because use of either word normally implies that the statement made isn't true. Unfortunately this is true.

How about you make your comment up there your last as well as your first?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Typical

Quote Originally Posted by WSIFire View Post

As always, someone with a complaint that doesn't have the balls to say something at the site, but post sh*t in this forum to show how much of an *ss they really are. GROW UP or go home! Better yet, just go home.

Thread Information