Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 193 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Iraq

MembersZone Subscriber

Perry,

Are you on hold because of the drama with the military contracts or because of your current cert status?

no i was really originally scheduled to go in april but my physical took awhile they couldn't find my heart. once they located it i was ready for july 18 i'm ready to go i'm thinking of hitch hiking on over and just meandering into bagdad maybe they will put me to work
    really though it gives me time to finish a few projects at the house.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Medic03431,

You will be employable to WSI. As far as flying under the radar, the radar isn't really operational right now. I don't know if they are currently taking new hires. They do have a running list, and anyone on that list who is IFASC/Proboard certified can and will eventually go. There is an order of priority though. Anyone delayed will go forst before new hires or those who were to go during that time period. i.e. the guys scheduled for July will go first when they start re-shipping and then the guys from August etc, etc...

Put your paperwork in though. Start the process, get your physical and all that, that way you will be ready to go when thay start the re-hire.

To all,

If you ARE NOT IFSAC or ProBorad and you are wanting to go, waiting to go or just want to get ProBoard certified, send me an e-mail. I and another brother from Michigan are checking into getting a "crash challenge course" together. It maybe in Pennsylvania, as it seems that a particular college there has a history of having people "test out" and challenge the ProBoard exams. I am at : jlk0530@hotmail.com

Default hazmat

Does anyone know of anywhere doown south to take a hazmat class? I'm from mississippi. I have an interview next thursday with wsi. I know that there is a hold on hiring. The hazmat is the only thing that is going to screw me. I have tech 1&2, but these classes are not ifsac or pro-board. I'm willing to travel to get the class. I don't believe I could travel to pennsylvania though. Any info would help. Are there any classes that could be taken over the internet? Does any body anything about this trainingdivision.com ad in firehouse magizine? Just for info my other certs are Pro-board ff1, DOD ff2, DOD airport ff, DOD driver/operator arff & pumper. I have several class on hazmat from when I was in the Air Force. THey were taught through the national fire academy. Anyway any info will be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

If your Haz-Mat classes were taken through the Air Force, then they should be considered DoD certs, making them acceptable for WSI.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post HazMat Class

Check 4 or 5 pages back. Someone had posted some info about a HazMat class down in Louisiana coming up sometime soon. Maybe this will help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Training

Look at www.dodfire.com goto upper right side click on training then click on the next screen on available training. All of them fill the DoD standard for training. I just put my application in and hope that since I am a former DoD federal firefighter and a retired Maryland Air National Guard firefighter that I stand a good chance. As far as access to the bases just have proper ID and auto insurance. Contact the base in concern and see if you can gain access to the class.

LOCATION COURSE DATE INFO
    Great Oaks Institute, Cincinnati OH Fire Officer I 25-29 Oct 05
    Peterson AFB CO Fire Instructor III 19-23 Sep 05
    Peterson AFB CO Fire Instructor II 12-16 Sep 05
    Peterson AFB CO Fire Officer IV 11-22 Jul 05
    Peterson AFB CO Fire Inspector II 4-8 Aug 05
    Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX), College Station TX Link to the TEEX's 2005 DoD Training and Education Schedule at College Station Link to TEEX DoD Training and Education Web Site
    Fort Gordon Fire Officer I 14-18 Nov 05
    Camp Pendleton Fire Instructor II 5-9 Dec 05
    Camp Pendleton Fire Officer II 7-11 Nov 05
    Fort Gordon Fire Instructor I 17-21 Oct 05
    Camp Pendleton Fire Instructor I 1-5 Aug 05
    3-7 Oct 05
    Camp Pendleton Fire Officer I 11-15 Jul 05
    5-9 Sep 05
    Fort Gordon Fire Officer I 22-26 Aug 05
    Fort Gordon Fire Inspector III 18-22 Jul 05
    Westover ARB MA Fire Officer I 8-12 Nov 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Inspector III 6-10 Dec 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Instructor I 1-5 Nov 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Officer III 5-16 Dec 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Officer II 14-19 Nov 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Officer I 24 Oct - 4 Nov 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Inspector II 19-23 Sep 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Inspector I 12-16 Sep 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Instructor II/III 31 Oct - 4 Nov 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Fire Instructor I 24-28 Oct 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Apparatus D/O Pumper 25-28 Jul 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Apparatus D/O Aerial 11-13 Jul 05
    Vance AFB OK Fire Inspector I/II 1-12 Aug 05
    17-28 Oct 05
    Vance AFB OK Fire Instructor II/III 27 Jun - 1 Jul 05
    Bangor ME Fire Instructor I 11-15 Jul 05
    Bangor ME Fire Officer I 18-22 Jul 05
    Bangor ME Fire Officer II 25-29 Jul 05
    Bangor ME Fire Inspector I/II 14-25 Mar 05
    Crane IN Fire Instructor I 17-21 Oct 05
    Crane IN Fire Officer I 1-5 Aug 05
    24-28 Oct 05
    Crane IN Fire Officer II 8-12 Aug 05
    31 Oct - 4 Nov 05
    Crane IN Fire Inspector I/II 15-26 Aug 05
    28 Nov - 9 Dec 05
    Crane IN Fire Instructor II/III 29 Aug - 2 Sep 05
    14-18 Nov 05
    Grissom ARB IN Fire Inspector I/II 22 Aug - 2 Sep 05
    Grissom ARB IN Fire Instructor II/III 6-10 Jun 05
    SC Fire Academy, Columbia SC Airport Firefighter 6-11 Jun 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Officer I 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Officer II 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Officer III 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Officer IV 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Instructor I 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Instructor II 23 Jul 05 - TBD
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Instructor III 24 Jul 05 - TBD
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Fire Apparatus D/O - Pumper 18-22 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Hazardous Materials Operations 17-19 Jul 05
    WVU Fire Service Ext, Morgantown WV Hazardous Materials Technician 20-24 Jul 05
    Yuma AZ Fire Instructor II 8-12 Aug 05
    Yuma AZ Fire Instructor I 1-5 Aug 05
    Pearl Harbor HI Fire Officer I 21-28 Oct 05
    Pearl Harbor HI Fire Inspector I 17-21 Oct 05
    Pearl Harbor HI Fire Instructor I 3-7 Oct 05
    Great Oaks Institute, Cincinnati OH HAZMAT Technician 11-15 Jul 05
    SC Fire Academy, Columbia SC NFPA Airport Fire Fighter 12-17 Dec 05
    SC Fire Academy, Columbia SC NFPA Airport Fire Fighter 14-19 Nov 05
    SC Fire Academy, Columbia SC NFPA Airport Fire Fighter 3-8 Oct 05
    SC Fire Academy, Columbia SC NFPA Airport Fire Fighter 12-17 Sep 05
    MFRI, College Park MD Apparatus D/O Pumper 25-28 Jul 05
    Barstow CA Fire Instructor II & III 11-15 Jul 05
    Tobyhanna Army HAZMAT Tech Refresher 9 Dec 05
    Quantico Fire Officer IV 19-30 Sep 05
    Palmdale CA Rescue Systems 1 & 2 18-26 Jul 05
    MCAS Beaufort SC Fire Officer I 14-18 Nov 05
    MCAS Beaufort SC Fire Instructor I 10-14 Oct 05

well sounds like things are getting hectic again with the company...it probably was smart of them to put people on hold...referencing the gear issue...lots of guys still don't have gear so it was probably best that they hold off for a little bit to get things worked out...just as an fyi...some of you guys are having problems going but my fiancee is having problems coming home...he was supposed to fly out of baghdad like 2 days ago to come home on r&r...but guess what..he's still there and looks like they aren't flying today at all...i know its not a company problem..but still...problems exist...

i'm not blaming anyone or trying to spread negativity...just sucks a lot...

MembersZone Subscriber scfirewife41's Avatar

Default Hazmat

Hey, anyone going to LSU for Hazmat? FL isn't Proboard or IFSAC for Hazmat and we are trying to find somewhere to challenege or recert....

Anyone know of any other - please throw our way!

Thanks

Suz

Forum Member

Hey everyone !!
    I hate that all you guys are having all this trouble with the certs. BAMA got all his stuff proboarded thru the Alabama Fire College. It is a standard process for them now. He had a few that was not thru the proboard and I sent them in and got them done. i guess we are one of the lucky ones that they recognized. Try contacting them and see if they hace a course if your near us.
    They are located in Tuscaloosa AL. It is a part of Shelton State Community College. Maybe this will be a help.
    Take care and be safe !!!!!

Renae

Forum Member

Post IFSAC HAZMAT

NC is IFSAC HAZMAT up through Operations, which is level 1. There are several classes held throughout the state all the time. We have one starting up here at our station soon. Email at L13firefighter@hotmail.com if you need any info on it.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF-DTRT

Forum Member

Default Just found out

My interview was schedueled for today. Well I just got the call. My interview has been postponed for "several monthes". Monique couldn't give me a date. So there you have it. She did say that they would call me to rescheduel when they were hiring again. Thats about all I found out. I think it was already said but this sucks da## it. I want to go.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Just found out

Originally posted by Geff2575
    My interview was schedueled for today. Well I just got the call. My interview has been postponed for "several monthes". Monique couldn't give me a date. So there you have it. She did say that they would call me to rescheduel when they were hiring again. Thats about all I found out. I think it was already said but this sucks da## it. I want to go.
    I got the same exact fone call too bro....I'm a lil ticked off as well.

ANYWAYS.....I guess I can either hold off and wait..........submit an app to KBR.......or look at Cochise at a security job

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation CRASH COURSE INFO

To anyone needing Pro Board or IFSAC certification in FF I/II and HazMat Awareness/Ops. contact me immediately. I have a cantact who can "meet our requests" tomorrow. YES, I SAID TOMORROW. I know that this is short notice. We knew it would be, just not this short. If you can get to Philadelphia airport by 8am tomorrow morning, you can make it on time. If you are local her in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, you can drive there. Conatct me and I can get you directions.

You will need full turnout gear and copies of ALL your current certs from your local, county or state fire academies. If you are local and can bring SCBA and spare bottle, do so. If you are traveling a great distance by plane and do not want to carry this, just bring your gear and you can use the Bucks county academy's SCBA or share with other guys.

You all have my e-mail by now, my phone number if you need it is: (732) 312-3662.

I am also going to try to schedule a similar challenge exam type situation fot July for all of those of you who can't make it tomorrow or who are not in as big of a time crunch as I and other are. It will probably be for late July, as the guy doing this for us is going out on medical leave until July sometime. I will post info here when I get it for all to view.

MembersZone Subscriber

If this is going on at the Bucks County training center in Doylestown, that's a hop away from me

Timing sucks....but then again, lter in July might work. I might call a few friends and pull some strings for me (and see if I can get any others pulled).

Thanks for hooking this up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post KBR

I got the same phone call as well today. But I got hired by KBR last week at kandahar afgan. Same money and benifits. When the guy called me he said I could have left that week so I'm flying out on june 26th. If anybody wants the info just e-mail me at osmermb@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Bucks County Public Safety Training Center

The "crash Course" is at the Bucks COunty Public Safety Training Center. Here is the link to their site. They provide directions all the way down on the left. http://www.bucks.edu/publicsafety/ or http://www.bucks.edu/publicsafety/directions.html

MembersZone Subscriber

Yup Capo...I've trained there before. Used to go over with my fellow USMC reservists there (Willow Grove NAS is a few minutes south of there).

Once you get a date for the end of July....lemme know, and I'll see what I can do to help out ( I need a FF2 cert myself ).

MembersZone Subscriber

Default KBR

http://www.dodfire.com/JOBS/KBR_9_may_05.pdf

Here is the link for the KBR jobs

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Airport FF

Does anyone know where I can get an Airport FF class?

Thread Information