Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 193 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Iraq

MembersZone Subscriber

Call (850) 283-1113, this is the DoD cet office on Tyndal AFB in FL. They maybe able to convert to DoD if you ALREADY have ProBoard or IFSAC certs.

Rescue542, you are from Jersey right ? How are you getting you certs to transfer over to IFSAC/ProBoard ? Are you taking a test ? Presenting cirriculi ? Please tell, I also am from Jersey...this would save me having to take the class and challenging the exam.

Default dod certs

I found a site and e-mailed them. They said that they do not convert certs. Unless you are hired by the military or a dod contractor. I am assuming that wackenhut is a contractor for dod. If so we should have no trouble or might have to take a test or something. I am not real sure as of yet. I'm still working in it and will let everyone know if I find out anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default bump us up we deserve a sticky!!!!!

bump bump bump

Forum Member

Smile Glad to see everyone

A few questions

IFSAC Certs. i am from NC and all my NC certs have IFSAC numbers and seals on them already. Do i also need to send away for the IFSAC certs? Or do the IFSAC numbers on my NC certs sufice.

Laptops. No one in country answered the laptop question. What kind of laptops are people using. i know the Army uses ToughBooks by Panasonic, but thats about 3-4 G's. Will a "normal" laptop survive the sandbox?

Well i think thats it for now. Talk to you all later.

dom
    June 27th

MembersZone Subscriber

Just to cover a thing or 2. First you can get laptops here, on my base they seel 3 of em in the PX Toshiba and 2 off brands. The good thing is that thet are all in the 950-1000 dollar range so fairly cheap, all you will use em for here anyway is a dvd/cd player, gamming platform, and to store pics, unless you go out and get a sattalite internet connection which I dont believe you can do on all bases. As for as an adapter yes you need one or 2 plus a power strip, save your back and buy one when you get to victory their px has everything you need. But keep in mind if you blackhawk out to your base you can only carry 25 lbs of gear, and some convoys will limit you to one bag. Packing light is the key here. But you are the one whos gonna be carrying it so if you want to hump the kitchen sink through the desert be my guest.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Forum Member

25 pounds?! Isn't our chemical gear alone more than 25 pounds?

MembersZone Subscriber

and that my friend is the quandry that most guys who have to blackhawk out to a site have to deal with. what doesnt fly can get mailed or go by convoy but there is no guarentee on when, or if, it will arrive.
    After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one

Official Minister of Philosophy of the IACOJ

IACOJ Probie Crusty of the year 2003

Forum Member

Default Laptops Pack lite

Laptops are sold in country, many FFers buy Dells with DOD discount have them shipped from HOuse to them here, or straight here to base.
    Buy in Iraq, surge protectors, adaptors and converters. You can buy anything and everything here.
    I recommend 4 pants, 6 shirts 8 underwear, 8 pair socks, a cap (boonie), your boots, work out shorts, tennis shoes, belt, camera, thumb drive, hygiene for 2 weeks no more. One towel small sized.

YOur NBC bag is heavy about 60Lbs. Laptops with all the hardware are average 12lbs. THen you have a carry on about 25 Lbs. And your Ruck is about 50Lbs. These are all small, small numbers. They are usually Bigger.
    Last edited by FIRESKEITH; 05-26-2005 at 09:27 PM.

Forum Member

Default United States Postal Service

Here is the site for shipping boxes to yourself for Priority mail. Its all free. Shipping priority is faster and saves BIG money. Ship some to yourself in States for later packages. Some Boxes have one price shipping with unlimited wieght. IF you use your own box and send priority it could cost much more. It takes about 1 to 2 weeks to get boxes to you.

http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/po.../Priority+Mail
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Default box dude....

Thanks for that info Keith

Well, my sad news is that my buddy that SHOWED ME this job isn't going to go anymore....so I guess I can't drag my feet waiting. I'll call tomorrow to set up the fone interview.

MembersZone Subscriber bmwfire246's Avatar

Cool a few more questions

I just got the phone interview today and i'm slated to leave June 27. When i fly out what is reccomended that i pack. My other question is about our bunker gear. I remember in the "other" post people said they were having trouble getting it...is this still the case? Also the guy who did the interview stated that a few things had changed with the renewall of the contract, do yall have any idea what changed?

cory

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Nice Box

Keith,
    That box is great. Thanks for the info. Got 25 on the way now. This kind of information is the kind of thing that we all need to know, thumbs WAY UP on the share!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Must...bbbb...bbubuu...BUMP... BUMP

Sorry,

Can't let us fall below the Rescue Me thread.

Attached is a pic of a patch that the June 6 crew had made up. This patch is based on a current logo being used on a WSI base in Iraq. We had it put on a khaki background and then put it on a patch, the other guys have it on a t-shirt.

I know some of the ladies and men on the Friends & Family thread wanted to get ahold of some, so if you are interested, e-mail me: jlk0530@hotmail.com ...make sure to put "WSI Iraq Patch" in the subject line...otherwise I will blow right by it in my Junk Mail. Cost will be $3.00ea. + s/h via USPS to your location. I am not looking to make a killing on these, we are all family here as far as I am concerned, just want to break even and get a little bit for my leg work on the project.

Talking ...

haha, nice box...dirty

Forum Member

Smile

[

"Attached is a pic of a patch that the June 6 crew had made up. This patch is based on a current logo being used on a WSI base in Iraq. We had it put on a khaki background and then put it on a patch, the other guys have it on a t-shirt."

So where is the picture ??

Forum Member

Default BMWFire/Capo

Read my post about laptops for packing. Or Email me firekeith1221@yahoo.com
    About contract. I didn't know it changed. GEAR I don't know I don't have gear. Just waiting to get some.

Capo i'm in on the patches. I have a trade offer to make. Email me .
    Capo send me a pic of the patch too.

******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Ooops...technically challenged I guess

Thanks for getting my back Chris. If you missed the patch, it is in the above post. See my post on page 5 for info...jlk0530@hotmail.com.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default DOD Cert's

I contacted Tendal AFB FL to ask about getting my IFSAC and PROBOARD certifications converted to DOD certifications when I was in Tallil AFB Southern Iraq back in May 2004.
    The reply was simple.
    “You must be in/on a DOD Contract to have your Certifications submitted to the USAF for consideration”
    Good luck to all persons who were hired with “NFPA Certification” as stated in the hiring statement written by WSI.
    This issue was a hot one for all of us in the first year and I see it still is.

thank god i have my pro board certs, cant you just challenge the test, honestly it isnt that hard of a test.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Thread Information