Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 193 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on Iraq

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Info on Iraq

Glad I got my last post in...

Saw that coming down the pike weeks ago.

Maybe we can call this one....hhhhmmmmm......I know "Info on Iraq" with out the slander and libel.

Serve and volley...back at cha.

Saw that coming down the pike weeks ago.

Maybe we can call this one....hhhhmmmmm......I know "Info on Iraq" with out the slander and libel.

yeah me 2 its a shame a few bad apples ruined it!
    Last edited by BFDNJFF; 06-12-2005 at 01:51 PM.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Default iraqff123

Hey iraqff123,
    please drop me an email at wheeler67@peoplepc.com. I have a question about one of the posts you made in the previous Iraq forum.
    Thanks
    Weulz

Forum Member

Hi everybody - ditto to seeing it comin'. Hope it will catch on quickly!!!

Tracy

MembersZone Subscriber

Post Re-ups

Trying for some information. What % of in country personnel decide to extend for a second year. I will miss the old thread it had humor and spontaneity while sometime slipping over the top.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default bump

bump

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re-ups

Don't know %, but I can't imagine it is to high right now.

Forum Member

weulz did you get my email?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have got my interview on the 9th of June. Hope I make it!!!
    FF/EMT Erik ("Woody") Wood
    Auburn Fire/Rescue
    Auburn, KS

Default got it

iraqff123
    Thanks. Look in your inbox.
    Weulz

MembersZone Subscriber rescue542's Avatar

I haven't posted much lately because I felt the FFing in Iraq thread had gone downhill for some time. Instead of what the forum started out as, it become a place where guys were airing their gripes against the company and individuals working for the company. It's a shame that guys feel this is the only way to address concerns they have. To air everything in a pulic forum for everyone in the world to read, including many of the soldiers we are over here helping. For the sake of everyone let's try and be productive in this thread instead of counter-productive. Remember the integrity that we as firefighters are suppossed to possess.

For those wondering what the re-up percentage is, it's hard to say at this point. So far only one group has completed their contract. The second and third groups are going to be finishing up in the next two weeks. I know of several guys that are re-uping for another year. I'll be back after my month and a half of R&R, vacation, and LWOP.

As I have said to many guys over here and through email, the time you spend over here will only be what you make it. If you want to be miserable the entire time you're over here, you will be. If you try to make the best out of things while you are here, you will. I have enjoyed my time here and have learned a lot from brother firefighters from all over the US. It is interesting bringing together firefighters from different parts of the US and putting them together on one department. Everyone has different ways of doing things, from hose packs to radio communications. The interesting part is when you integrate it all together and form a new department 8,000 miles form home to serve those who are protecting our freedom at home.

If I can answer any questions for anyone I am still more then happy to help. Everyone stay safe and continue working hard towards the goal.

Scott Van Boerum
    WSI Fire & Emergency Services
    Acting Assistant Chief
    Camp Speicher
    Tikrit, Iraq

MembersZone Subscriber bmwfire246's Avatar

Cool App

I just mailed my application inn to wsi... how long does it normally take before you get a response and what do they normally look for

BMWfire the company line is that if you don't hear from them in 2 weeks after mailing in your application then give them a call. I didn't want to wait that long and called them earlier and they set up my interview then. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber bmwfire246's Avatar

Cool cool

thanks man. hopefully this will go quick.....i talked to kris today and he was saying that it could be up to 3 weeks and deploy is at min 4 to 6 weeks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Thanks brothers and sisters

Rescue522,

I agree, this is NOT the place for dirty laundry...the original posts WWWAAAAYYYY back when, alot were from you, were informational!!! Guys w/ ?s and such. Lets use this to help them make their decision and get them through the process w/ as little pain as possible. I am by NO MEANS AGAINST equal input and opinions, but if you have something negative to post, keep it clean, keep if truthful, and don't make it personal. As Rescue522 says, your time there is what you make of it.

BMW,

I suggest tracking your app. online through USPS delivery confirmation...the day after you know they got it, give them a call to set up your interview...they will have time to review it from the time you call until your interview date, if there is anything else that they need, they will let you know.

To all others,

Post away....lets overtake the "Rescue Me" thread...again. Which by the way starts on June 22nd I heard. Sweet!!! I love that dark humor crap

Bump!
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

I have just submitted my resume on 5/20 and I have a question that wasn't answered in the first 100 pages, or the last 15, of the previous thread so please bear with me.

I know WSI paes for your plane ticket from houston but, does WSI for your ticket to houston?

Aslo I might have missed this answer but I know you have to have polio, hep A & B, tetanus (last 7 years), and polio but what others do I need to speed things up? Blood Tests? I guess that is for one of the guys ready to leave in june.

Anyways, please do tell me to read the previous thread, like I already said the just could read 172 pages so I only missed 101-156

Corey

Forum Member

Hi Corey - Good Luck!

WSI does pay for your ticket from home to Houston. You usually get your ticket the Friday before you leave for Houston (usually Mondays - unless that has changed)

Regarding medical - I have all of that at home - I will check back on thread to see if anyone has answered that question if not I will review our paperwork and share.

Tracy

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Tracy and anyone else that will help me out.

Corey

MembersZone Subscriber

Post well...

Since THIS THREAD only has 2 pages, I don't know WHAT thread you are talking about. You will also need Typhoid vaccine, either via IM injection or oral pill form. Don't forget all the other regular childhood vaccines as well....MMR, DTP, etc...As far as the blood tests go, Chem24, HIV w/ a Dr.s letter of non infection, titers or paper proof for all vaccinations...I can e-mail you the whole list, I just don't have it in front of me right now.

As far as the airfare goes, yes they pay to fly you from your home airport to Houston then from Houston to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (DXB) is the airport code for Dubai in case anyone is interested for R & R purposes.

Feel free to ask away, that is what we are here for.

Thread Information