Thread: Pet Names

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pet Names

Since we are on the topic of animal's... What names from the fire service have you given your pet? My cat's name is Pickles from a book I read when I was a kid called "The Fire Cat" .

Forum Member

Cool

The dogs: Bernie and Murphy. They are a lab/spaniel cross, brothers from the same litter. Murphy is a black "slab o' Lab", while Bernie looks like a spaniel. Their dad was a lab, their mom was a brittany/cocker spaniel cross.

The cats: Jake and Mia. They are grey tiger tabbys and brother and sister. We adopted them from a shelter... www.buddydoghs.org

Jake thinks he's a dog. He hangs out with the dogs, will only eat of the dogs are eating, and sleeps with the dogs, too. He asndf the dogs get along well.

It's funny, Mia sticks to my wife like velcro.. must be the only females in the house/meow meow sisterhood thing going! She avoids the dogs and the men in the house (my son and I) as much as possible, except for feeding time...then she becomes real "lovey-dovey".
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 05-23-2005 at 08:39 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Damn Dog is my female black lab
    she named her self.
    we call her DD in public.

Forum Member

I have 2 cats, the Wife named them both when were dating. Both were abandoned, at different times,where I used to live, so we took them in.

Thomas O'Malley is named after a character in the Aristocats (or so my wife tells me) since he has a whit stripe on his leg just like tha character does. Since he is 19 pounds I also call him "Chub Chub" or Fat Boy. Great cat though. As big and fat as he is, he can still move pretty darned fast. He was quite the hunter in the day, used to get a wide variety of gifts from him on the doorstep.

Noisebox (aka Noisey!) is the little guy. His name tells it all, when we took him in he would not stop making noise in one way or another. Now he meows to let you know that he wants a lap to lie down in.

Both are great cats and allow us to reside in the house with them. When we are acutally going to be able to get a house, I want a Bull Mastiff and the wife wants a Finnish Spitz. Someday I'll own a house. Someday.....
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Have a 2 year old female black lab/golden retreiver mix named Mattydale.

And here she is:

Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Pet Names

Originally posted by tyler101
    Since we are on the topic of animal's... What names from the fire service have you given your pet? My cat's name is Pickles from a book I read when I was a kid called "The Fire Cat" .
    I love that book! Pickles is the cat in my avatar. He was an awesome firecat. Had his own little helmet and everything. My own cats are Murka, Stormy and MaryJane.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Forum Member

150 lb rotti : Nelly , she is a pretty lap dog

cat : forest (and yes after the movie, cause when she was a kitten Stupid is stupid does )
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

Rilee is our Golden Retreiver. Samson is the feline representative in the house. He used to be part of the tandem of Samson and Delilah, but alas, Delilah is no longer with us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Right now we have a Dachshund that my mom named Gandalf but I call him Weiner. We used to have another Dachshund named Frodo that I also called Weiner.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Forum Member

10 + y/o black lab cocker mix from the pound, her name : "Gage" ....and yes it IS from what you think it is.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

My dog was named after a dog in a veterinary "true stories" book. Same breed, same characteristics. My vet laughed when I told him that and then read the book for curiosity. Now he's hooked on the series. A fire related name just wouldn't fit my dog. The closest would be Stop, drop and snore
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

MembersZone Subscriber

No fire service names here. Mu house/farm must be the dropping vortex for my county. Ebrything shows up. Have yet to not take on in or find a home for it. The black lab is Midnite. She was a lucky pup. Came home Christmas Eve and went to barn to check on everybody and heard a whining noise comeing from an outbuilding. Guess what time it was we we found her. Yep Midnite. She has been in the house warm evry since. That was 11 years ago. Now my only house cat is named Scarface. I have a Halloween/birthday party every year. While sitting and the hay bales around the fire and getting smashed of my but this long haired cute little kitten jumped on my lap and made herself right at home. She had been in a fight somewhere and had blood on her face, hence the name. Now I did have 3 cat that are now dead that I brought home as kittens that were to young to eat on their own. Bottle fed them. They came from a structure fire, no momma cat around. They were Ashes, Smoke, and Flame. All 3 are now gone. The other handful of cats, to many to count,all stay in the barn and the other dog is at the inlaws. People must know we do not believe in killing animals so they bring them to use. Gets expensive to have them fixed but I don't want to keep making them. You would think that they would earn their keep in the barn. Yeah right. They eat better than I do thanks to the girlfriend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default My dog

My Australian Shepherd/Husky mix is "Jerry-Lee" after the dog in the movie "K-9 Cop" with Jim Belushi

Fire Chaplain

We have a 12 y/o Border Collie named "Cassie". Before she came along it was a Beagle-Retriever mix named "Biph the Wonder Puppy" (it's pronounced "biff").
    Resident Chaplain of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

No Fire names here either. Two dogs, a Dachshund named Maggie and a Maltese named Bijou.

Forum Member

My guardian angel, Dale. He's a year old, pure bred chocolate lab.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

My little puppy is a black lab saint bernard he eats anything that does not eat him first. He weights in at 132lbs. Maybe I should start a thread for this but my brother and I got him and one of his brothers at the same time. His was named Axe mine’s Bull. Yeah I know Backdraft was the big movie then. The poor Dalmatian gets what ever is left over. His name is RIT.

i put this in the wet dry dry food topic but here it is again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default What do ya'll know about that?

One of the many Dobermans we've had throughout the years. This picture is over 20 years old.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Forum Member

The non-human ruler of the house is "Lindsey." Named after Lindsey Air Station, Air Force base in Wiesbaden, Germany. The best place anyone could ever be stationed (now closed).

Forum Member

The dogs are Missy and Amess. My little cousin thought he looked like a mess when he was born and the name stuck. The cats are un named and shall stay that way. They're only around to catch mice.
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Forum Member

Here is Billie. She is an accelerant K-9. The rest of the faimly is Scout a shepard/sheltie mix and Jake a spitz/? mix.
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is Pickles doing his usual "thing". He usually snores, he sometimes burps, and when he farts it clears the room!

Forum Member

When I was about 8 years old my dad went to an MVA one night and all occupants of the car were DOA. Except the dog. We had no idea what breed it was. Dad brought it home from the wreck, so we called it "Rescue."

MembersZone Subscriber

My dog is a boston terrier pug mix named Lilly.

Forum Member

No fire theme name for my Yellow Lab..... Buster

My brother has his bulldog.... Blaze
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information