MembersZone Subscriber

Default Moline Firefighter dies in Chicago

I just wanted to pass this on
    Here is what was in the Dispatch Newspaper on Monday 5-23-05:

Chicago Police are investigating a Moline firefighters death in that city Sunday afternoon. Bradley Padakis, 32, was staying at a hotel with friends when he collapsed, according to Anthony Brucci, an investigator with the Cook County medical examiner's office.
    Mr. Padakis was taken from the hotel to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, where he died at 1:29pm., Mr. Brucci said. An autopsy is scheduled today, he said.
    Mr. Padakis had been a firefighter for seven years, a fire department official said Sunday night.

I will pass on more as I find it out.
    My prayers and thoughts go out to Mr. Padakis' family and the Moline Fire Department.
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Taken from www.qconline.com

Bradley D. Padakis, 32, of Rock Island, passed away Sunday, May 22, 2005, at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.

Services will be 9:30 a.m. Friday at St. Pius X Catholic Church, Rock Island. Entombment will be in Calvary Cemetery, Rock Island. Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at DeRoo Funeral Home, Moline. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Moline Fire Department.

Mr. Padakis was born Jan. 5, 1973, in Moline, son of Gary R. Padakis and the late Gerarda K. Adlfinger Padakis. He was a graduate of Rock Island High School and Black Hawk College.

Bradley joined the Moline Fire Department as a firefighter/paramedic on March 30, 1998.

Mr. Padakis enjoyed sports and was a health enthusiast.

He was a member of Local 581 of the International Association of Fire Fighters.

Survivors include his father, Gary Padakis, Boynton Beach, Fla.; a brother, Gregory Padakis, Wichita, Kan.; grandparents, Frank and Stella Padakis, Rock Island; aunt, Joan Freed, Rock Island; and uncles, Francis Adlfinger, Milan, Dr. Vernon Adlfinger, Bettendorf, and Dennis Padakis, Rock Island. Brad was preceded in death by his mother, Gerarda, in 1996.
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Click on the link below to view Brads funeral pictures

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sign.m...=/3ef5&.view=t
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone seen the autopsy results yet?
    Just wondered.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

The last that I heard was that everything was negative. I had heard that he had been sick for a few days prior. If i hear anything I will be sure to pass it on.
    Lilyogi

Thread Information