Forum Member

Default Got the questions today

Woooo Hooooo let the fun begin!!!! Got the questions today for this year's fire act grant. I don't want to jinx things but if it is the same as in years past, then it's a good sign.

To save all of those from asking as to what the questions are, I cut them right from the e-mail:

1.If you are selected for a grant award, would you accept?
    >
    > 2a) If you are selected for a grant award, can your department meet the required cost-share?
    >
    > 2b) How are you planning to meet the required cost-share?
    >
    > 3.If you are selected for an award, do you understand that the funds can only cover expenses for one year and that you have to spend the funding within one year of your grant award date?
    >
    > 4.If you are selected, do you understand that your department will be required to report to National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) for one year commencing at your earliest convenience during the performance period of the grant?
    >
    > * If you need assistance reporting to NFIRS you may call the support center toll free number 1-888-XXX-XXXX.
    >
    > 5.Did you have any pre-award costs including the use of a grant writer?
    >
    > 6.Do you have any changes to your point of contacts, phone numbers, or email addresses listed in your application?
    >
    7.Do you have any changes to your DUNS number, EIN number or your banking information listed in your application?
    >
    > 8a) Have you previously received a FEMA/DHS Assistance to Firefighters Grant? Yes or No
    >
    > If you responded yes, please indicate what year(s) you were awarded, a brief summary of what items were purchased, and a current status on the awarded grant(s).
    >
    > 8b) Have you received any other federal funding this fiscal year? Yes or No
    >
    > If you responded yes, please indicate the name of the agency that awarded you federal funding and a brief summary of the items that were awarded.
    >
    > Again, this is not a notification of award; it is only a discussion of your application. Once I complete my review, and receive your favorable reply to this message, I will forward your application on to the next phase. If your department is selected you will be notified by e-mail through our on-line grants system. In that email, you will be directed to a website to print the award forms and other pertinent information.
    Joe Fireman

FH Mag/.com Contributor

And thus starts the mad rush to Inboxes everywhere.

Congrats! Guess it's time for me to start the celebration thread.

Forum Member

When can I start my "Dear John" thread?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

You can start it any time, it will just be a little lonely in there until August.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Got the questions today

Originally posted by FFCOPEMT
    Woooo Hooooo let the fun begin!!!! Got the questions today for this year's fire act grant. I don't want to jinx things but if it is the same as in years past, then it's a good sign.

What did you apply for?

Forum Member

Congrats!! Now, where's mine. ha ha

Forum Member

Congrats for the rest of the year I will have butterflies every time I check the mail. Good luck!
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

WE GOT THE QUESTIONS TODAY ALSO. DID THE FIRST ROUND GO OUT TODAY.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Forum Member

Those of you who have received the questions, what did you apply for?

I have "heard" that communications equipment is a priority this year.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Thumbs up Green?

Green with Envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats and good luck to all!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Forum Member

We got the questions. We applied for PPE, radios, RIT tools and RIT training.

My first year as writer, and this was my first grant. I am hoping that the questions are a good sign.... ?
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    - - - - - -
    I A C O J

MembersZone Subscriber

First Congratulations to all that received the questions.

Second: Did you get these questions in your personal e-mail or thru the "In Box" on the application page?

Forum Member

"In Box" on the application page

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They should come in both, but one may be a bit faster than the other. Strangely enough, about half the folks I talked to got theirs in the personal email before the Application Mail Center one showed up.

Forum Member

We got our email this week as well. I was at Disney World doing the family vacation when the chief called me and said we got the questions.

One thing I figured out when we got out FP questions, I went and checked my 1199A online from the 2004 FIRE grant and noticed that the FP grant was listed on there as well, even though we hadn't been "officially" awarded yet. So the first thing I did was make the chief login to our account and check our 1199A again, and sure enough, our 2005 application is referenced on there as well.

We put in for $140,000 to get a new 2000 gallon tanker to replace two 1,000 gallon tankers (41 and 42 years old).

This will be our first new truck since 1988 when we got our current pumper.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!

Bruce
    Bruce Arp
    2nd Asst. Chief
    Weston Volunteer Fire & Resuce
    http://www.westonfire.com

Forum Member

Talking Got Questions 05/25/05

My Department to got the questions on May 25, 2005. We put in for a new truck. 5 man cab with 1300 gallon tank, with (CAFS). I hope everthing continues to go well for us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Seems like a number of those that got the questions were ones who asked for trucks. What else got questions this week?

Forum Member

...as we all wait anxiously around our computers and laptops, waiting impatiently for that wonderful email....

Studies now show that productivity levels decrease dramatically on every wednesday from june to august from panic-stricken individuals with a death-lock on their mouse!!!

BAClair

Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Just curious...we are talking about the 2005 grants, right? If so, how can they be awarding already? I have not heard anything about Peer reviews being completed and it seems awfully quick for them to start awarding grants...given previous years time frames. Could someone clarify this for me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Peer review is done already. They normally start awarding in the first few weeks of June, so timing is about right. Our State Fire School is always second weekend in June, and it seems as though the first round of awards is announced about then, or just shortly after. Questions now and 1199A updates, a few weeks to follow offical awards begin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Question

Curious ~ Those of you that received the happy email, did you file early? I submitted my application on the last day.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

I will assume that this is your first year. In that case, might I suggest that you go to your favorite store and buy up several cases of Rolaids or Tums. You will need it!!!
    Seriously, the order of the emails are dependent on your ranking. If you scored high, you get your money first!! Doesn't matter on when you applied.
    BAClair

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, indeed! I am a first timer and I have the exposed nailbeds to prove it.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

sdff1520 Peer review is done already. They normally start awarding in the first few weeks of June, so timing is about right. Our State Fire School is always second weekend in June, and it seems as though the first round of awards is announced about then, or just shortly after. Questions now and 1199A updates, a few weeks to follow offical awards begin.

Huh!...Guess I have not been paying much attention. This is my fifth year, and the past three have been successfull, so I am not really holding my breath.
    Last edited by SWFD94; 06-06-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Forum Member

well i guess i'm not the rookie anymore thanks to roughrider. yes you do need to go and stock up on the tums, nerve pills, and if your not the chief , change your phone number so he doesn't call 90 times a day and ask " have you heard anything yet." ha.ha. i want to wish everyone good luck this year. and find that this is a great source of support. i told hubby this is my A.A. for grant filers.

Thread Information