Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Another Hopeful

I recived the 1199A link in our FEMA mail today...it was dated th 16th. I thought that i had checked since the 16th. If this is awarded i will be 2 for 2... I hope just getting the 1199A link is a good sign....anyone with any thoughts?

MembersZone Subscriber

What was your application for, Maden?

Although, not 100%, it's a good sign. Since it's not your first trip to the 'big dance',so to speak, you don't need all of us to simply stroke your ego, BUT still, kudos, since you appear to be possibly funded again. (Did you happen to notice if there was an award number attached to your application? That's an even better sign... )

CONGRATS...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Award Number

Dixiechicknc Yes there is an award number attatched to it. Like i say both depts. i assisted this year have never been awarded and this is my 1st time ever filling out the grants. Both have applied before and all they got was a D.J. in the past. We applied for PPE for 1 of the depts and PPE and SCBA's for the other.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ahhh, my apologies, then...I thought based on your previous post this was your SECOND year winning. So, you do need to be showered with applause! Congrats indeed if you have helped achieve funding for both...That's GREAT!

Forum Member

I tell you what it has been kind of a nerve racking experience this year with the awards. I wrote my first grant for our department last year. We have applied in the past but that was the first time I wrote one. We received the grant to my total surprise. I did a lot of research on what needed to be stated in the grant and what stood the best chance for approval. this year I did pretty much the same thing and we received our questions and updated 1199 the other day. I must be doing something right. I had several people from other departments telling me how I needed to write the grant and what to ask for but I decided if I was writing it and putting my name to it that it was going to be the way I thought it should be.

The most important thing I determined to have was content. It did not makke a difference how long or short the narrative was. As long as it had the key components and the equipment was needed the grant should be awarded. Other guys have wrote grants that are tremendously long and detailed but they are still waiting for a grant and now, pending the phone call, we have received two in as many years.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well it looks like we're in the ballgame. Just recieved reference to this years grant application in our 1199A.

If all goes well, we will be looking at buying a new brush truck. Hopefully, the 10 questions come before I go on vacation on Friday. I hate to be on vacation knowing that the questions could be sitting in my e-mail for 2 weeks before I can reply.

Maybe it was an omen. We just recieved a grant from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife for forestry equipment.

Forum Member

Talking Feelin' GREAT GREAT!

I submitted an application for a neighboring district for a Pumper - they received their "10 questions" on 7/11 and their 1199A form has been updated with a 2005 award #!

I also submitted an application for our district for a Water Tender - received the "10 questions" on 7/27 and our 1199A also shows a 2005 award #!

I've been a "lurker" on this forum for over a year now. I just couldn't hold it anymore!

Good Luck to those who are still waiting for their "10 questions".

Wolf

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Congratulations....Sounds like you will be throwing (or attending) some parties in a few weeks! Not to discount those who are waiting, since I am working with plenty that still are...but boy, is it a rush, to open the box up and see it sitting in there! Again, way to go, everyone, who has heard! Good luck!

Forum Member

Smile Got the 1199A email

Just got the email late last night (08/01/2005) but they haven't updated the link on the application site yet. Going for a pumper-tanker to replace 2 1972 used oil field tankers.

Keeping the fingers and toes crossed!

MembersZone Subscriber
    DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

No questions yet, but our 1199 from last year has a new number by it for 2005. We may be on the way to getting a new tanker just in time - before the dump valve rusts all the way off of the old one.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

A brand new building AND a new tanker...

It's a Flatlander Christmas in August!!!

Fingers still crossed for radios, we need 'em bad.

Hoping it comes through for you!

MembersZone Subscriber

We received our 10 questions and 1199 last week. All new bunker gear for the dept, new Hurst tool set with airbags, 10 portable radios, 5 full SCBA units, and two tankers getting new tanks, pumps, and toolboxes.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Congrats all. And excellent cost-benefit on replacing just parts of the tankers, storm. Like I said in article #2, better chance in the equipment category to get components than a whole new vehicle.

Don't you just love it when a good plan (grant) comes together!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default EMS 1199

We got the 1199 today in my inbox, We applied for 35 sets of extrication gear SO BIG CHEESE here fingers and toes also crossed as we would be a first time Grant winner. And this was all for our rescue squad!
    Troutville Volunteer Fire Department
    www.tvfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Suprise

We just got our 1199a for a grant we applied for in the 2004 round. Back in Feb. we got a semi Dear John letter that staed any left over monies will be awarded in Sept.

Grant was for exaust removal in all of our 3 stations and a washer and dryer for our turnouts.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Got the 10 questions today

Yipee - finally replacing 1972 tanker!

MembersZone Subscriber

Got our questions today as well. 1199a had an award number for several days already. Should be reason enough to start shopping.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Exclamation Whoa, partner!

Whoa there guy! I would not be ordering anything ,until you have the " Official Award Notification Letter" in your hand. Maybe shopping prices but, definitley do not order until you have that document in hand, or it could come back to bite you.

There is language in the RFP which clearly states that if you order or buy anything prior to your award (and that means the official notice), it may not,and you should read that to mean will not, be eligible for expenditure of the grant money.

Cool your jets a little while longer. You have some good "preliminary" indicators of getting an award but, you don't have it until the official awards are announced. You can plan the party, just don't invite the guests just yet! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt, for Pete's sake, shopping doesn't mean buying. You should know as well as anybody that it takes a while to figure out what you want in a truck. Shopping around will just help have everthing ready when the award does finally come.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Thread Information