MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 4caster
    ameryfd, I emphatically stated to the department that even though it looks good, things happen, and I quoted that example. My dad (trustee pres.) and I have had the same mind set; great news, but show me the money first. With that said, I still see no reason to start the committee and get the completed spec so that when (or if) the money comes, it can be ordered immediately. The local reps understand that fact and are willing to work with you in spite of it. Just my rambling thoughts.
    BAClair
    Makes sense to me!

MembersZone Subscriber

FYI....More 1199's and Q's went out today. Just got them today for an EMS service I wrote for. Might wanna check your boxes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

OK, here's a question for you experienced guys. I got my ten questions about 2-3 weeks ago, filled them out and sent them in with my 1199a like the help desk told me to. Today, I get a second set of questions, but this time there's actually a person's name and email address as opposed to the generic firegrant@dhs.gov or whatever it was. That normal?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Yes. The 2nd person is most likely the administrator that is the grants manager for your area.

MembersZone Subscriber

Catch 22 - -

Your original reply might not have made it to them. Was that not the time frame they had problems with the servers??? They might be sending them a second time because they have not recieved a reply from you yet.

Forum Member

Talking 1 for 5!!

Cannot believe it--finally got an award--I have been validated. Now maybe the boys won't lock the doors to the station when they see me coming. Got our official award docs 08/19. Will receive $29,547 for 6 SCBAs, 3 RIT kits and a new quantitative fit tester.

MembersZone Subscriber

1199A

Did 2 grants this time, 1 would be great, but still hoping for 2!!!!

YIPPY!!!

03 did 3 grants, got 1
    04 did 3 grants, got 1
    05 did 2 grants, looks like 1 for sure!!!!

The nice part is that all 3 departments I have been writing for will have gotten grants!!!!

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not 30 minutes later the questions!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

6000$ a piece for 15 CBRN SCBA for rural fire district Montana.

BANG!

Now comes the hard part...endless debate over which SCBA to buy! LOL, probly Draeger since the other district in the county used AFG to update 2 years ago.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Got our Questions Today

Wow, what a relief!! The application number was added to our FPS 1199 over the weekend, and this morning i checked early and nothing was there. Had finally committed to only looking once in the morning, but after seeing Samson's post i decided to look again. There they were!! Now to get them answered and wait some more, but it will be a much easier wait. Maybe.
    Earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Got my call from our Senator and Congressman just before noon today. $190,000 for a pumper/tanker.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nice. Gonna change your name from Catch22 to Caught$190K ?

Forum Member

Default Were do we stand?

We applied for the Fire ACT this year (2005) for the second time (denied last year) requesting some $90,000+ in funding for turnout gear, a TIC, some wildfire equipment, some new forcible entry tools, and a complete refurbishment of our SCBA as well as some other odds and ends.

So far we have received:
    Questions
    A 1199A Form
    A small reduction notice (Sent twice to us, the second time with URGENT in the subject). I confirmed the sender recieved the second reply.

After reviewing this thread and others I noticed a lot of people getting excited over the 1199A and questions.

I am optimistic but we haven't heard anything for a while. Should we be "getting ready to go shopping?"

I thought maybe some of you with more experience regarding this grant might give me an idea of where we stand and what I should be expecting.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Based on the info you are looking good. It just a matter of time until you recieve the e-mail stating your award.

There is no rhyme or reason between the time you recieve and answer the questions and the award. It's a matter of sitting back and waiting for the good news.

Forum Member

Thanks for the input...
    Last edited by WrightofGCVFD; 08-31-2005 at 08:34 PM.
    Some people may have 30 years experience; others may have had only one experience, repeatedly, for 30 years.

"Follow Me"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Say Trojan, do you have an SCBA preference? I can't really tell from your post.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
    Actually do a real test; heck you donít buy a car without at least driving it. After all of that, you pick the best pack (ISI ) and then buy them.
    We are currently testing out the ISI Vikings. The problem we found was with the pass devices. I walked across the fire station and the PASS device went off. We had a guy mow the lawn of the fire station with a push mower, the PASS device went off. I did like the feature of being able to switch on/off air without removing the mask.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    Nice. Gonna change your name from Catch22 to Caught$190K ?
    Might think about that one. Kinda has a ring First award in three tries, finally figured something out or enough of the competition got their trucks already.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

The ISI Vikings had a software problem that let the PASS go off too soon. They replaced a computer chip in ours and they are 100% better. We're happy with them now. Maybe the demo you have is covered under their recall and hasn't been updated.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Talking Got Questions Today!

I got the questions today! Wow...after all these years this is the farest we have made it.

I didn't see an 1199a link yet. Do I just answers these quiestions by clikiing "reply" and respond to wach question one by one?

I'm still in a bit of shock. The boys and girls might go wild at tonights meeting. I'll have to remind them this is not an award notification, but it aint bad either.
    Be Smart, Be Strong, Be Safe
    Make Sure Everyone Gets Home

Phil

Remember 9/11/2001
    FDNY 343

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Congrats Phil. Always nice to see first time winners in the circle.

Check your email too, I replied about the questions et al.

MembersZone Subscriber

Click on reply and answer each question individually. Print out a copy in case DHS doesn't recieve them. If they have an issue, they will e-mail you again. Otherwise sit back and wait for the award.

There is no set time between answering the questions and the award.

You may want to do this through your own e-mail rather than the AFG e-mail. The AFG e-mail doesn't always work correctly.

Good luck.
    Last edited by onebugle; 09-01-2005 at 06:37 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Capn. We got our 10Q's yesterday too. First time for AFG, got a small FPS (might have been the smallest!!) last spring. The suggestion to print the reply is good, but i "copied and pasted" to Word so that if it didn't go through i could just reverse the process without retyping. Learned a lesson last spring.
    earl

Forum Member

We just received our questions and 1199A yesterday as well. First time for this grant, hopefully it will lead to an award. We applied for new SCBA, TIC, portable radios and nomex coveralls. Good luck to everyone else.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Call from Senator's offices today!!!

I got our 10 questions last week and today got two phone calls (one from Sen. Feingold's office and another from Congn. Kinds office) congratulating us on receiving our award. Takes a lot of stress away while playing the waiting game. Good luck to those still waiting!!

Forum Member

Default Congratulations... ;) and Thank You...

Quote Originally Posted by quietone
    I got our 10 questions last week and today got two phone calls (one from Sen. Feingold's office and another from Congn. Kinds office) congratulating us on receiving our award. Takes a lot of stress away while playing the waiting game. Good luck to those still waiting!!
    Congratulations... and Thank You...

This must mean that there is no correlation between questions, forms, and the award date. Since this lucky fellow got his questions last week, and got his phone call today.

Question for you "quietone", when did you get and fill out your 1199A? Did the link come with your questions?
    Some people may have 30 years experience; others may have had only one experience, repeatedly, for 30 years.

"Follow Me"

Thread Information