+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Got surplus 2004 funds for exaust system /turn-out washer & dryer

We got $75,240 for exaust systems at our 3 stations and a washer dryer for turn outs this makes us 2 for 3 so far no DJ on this years yet. Took 2 tries to get this but we did not give up on it.

First grant was in 2002 for SCBA'a, this years is replace our 1979 tanker...Good luck to others as well.

We orig. got a DJ on this that stated "could not fund @ this time but if funds remain from others not being able to match or use, yours will be reconsidered".......Lesson learned read your Dear John carefully as well.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow , its been a long wait but we have an award in the ninth round. Feels so good to be out of that straight jacket. No call from any of the N C senators but one did post it on his web site Wed. I would like to put out a BIG Thank Y0U !!!for all the support and advice ( Dixie, BC, Kurt and so many others) gathered from this forum. You are all a great asset to this nations fire service and may GOD bless each of you!!! Well time to start the shopping cart.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

You and everyone else are entirely welcome from all of us. We love what we do and that is why we do it.

Just a reminder folks, to those that have won and those that were rejected, don't become idle. 2006 AFGP is literally just around the corner and NOW is the time to get started. If you got rejected, seek one of us out and let us help you. If you won, don't be content to rest on your laurels; one award does not an expert make.

Your next grant will be even tougher, because you got your highest prioritites out of the way this year. You have to pick and choose your projects carefully. Get educated folks and do it now. Attend a seminar or hook up with one of us, do your research and start writing and editing. It is the attention to details and the fine tuning of everything in these grants that will get the job done. Do not procrastinate, lest it become too late.

To those of you considering hiring a grant wirter for next year, a word of caution! Many claim to be "expert" grant writers but, buyer beware! Check their references, ask them how many AFGP grants they wrote last year and more importantly, how many did they get funded. that is the true measure of their level of expertise.

Speaking for myself ,and I am sure for Brian and Alana, our plates are filling fast for assistance with 06 AFGP, so get in touch now and let us get you started in the right manner before the March Madness begins.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm in a celebratory mood - we were just funded in the 14th round for communications equipment, $219,000 total or so - which isn't shabby for anyone. While my chief wrote the grant (his third successful attempt, we're blessed to have him), some of the info I took away from this forum went to him, so even if he used a tiny bit of what I learned here, thanks to everyone for what they've shared. Our current communications system is at best a "patchwork quilt," held together by the thinnest of threads.

Anyone know how long it takes to get portables, mobiles, base units (and more) from folks like Motorola after you order it? We'll all be like little kids at Christmas waiting for the new equipment. I'm not sure if that's who we'll be buying from for sure, but I'm curious the lead time on radios and such when compared to the extended wait for new SCBAs, bunker gear, etc.

Might have to crack open a cold one tonight...

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Congrats!

Lead time shouldn't be too bad, with all of the communications pushes I would imagine that all of the big communications folks stepped up the manufacturing operations.

Forum Member

We just ordered our commo stuff from Motorola the day before Thanksgiving and I got word today that all 100+ mobiles are in and the rest should be in early next week.

Congrats

MembersZone Subscriber

That's great news... Even if we don't get all of the infrastructure in place immediately, our portables are increasingly troublesome, we've had a recent rash of failures of mobiles mounted in the rigs, and the style of microphone that works with these mobile radios has become impossible to source.

Plus, all officers will now be issued portables to carry, which will be nice for duty officer use, etc.

Our poor radio guys on the department will I'm sure breathe a collective sigh of relief when the new stuff comes on line.

Forum Member

Brian,
    It sounds like you are loved. What a nice posting you did on this one. You really do have a voice here. That is great!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

"I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!" - Stuart Smalley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    "I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!" - Stuart Smalley
    ROFLMAO

I preferd toonsis the driving cat myself.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Ah yes, good times, good times. Stuff from back when SNL was actually funny.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er
    Ah yes, good times, good times. Stuff from back when SNL was actually funny.
    Isn't that the truth. Seems like SNL goes through phases. Hopen it gets good again soon lol. Who can for get the Church Lady.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

WHOA!!! got the call from our congressman today, 35,000 for operations and safety

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nice! Congrats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

Thread Information