Forum Member

Default BC79.. or DixiechicNC

Hey I got the ten questions... now I dont want to screw stuff up.. do I hit reply to the email that I recieved and answer the questions?.. or what.. I'm so excited right now I dont want to mess anything up.. tell me what to do?.. thanx.
    eddie

Forum Member

Eddie,

Congratulations.

A reply e-mail is exactly what you do. I copied the original e-mail into my reply and answered each question in bold.

I know I'm not Brian or Dixie, but I figured I would get you some help so you can return them as soon as possible!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Sly is on the nose, reply away. Just take enough time to do the Happy-Happy Dance so that when you go to type you're not hitting the same letter twice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Eddie,
    Congrats! I had three other depts I worked with that hollared at me today with the same question! YEAH!!! Amazing. Way to go, my friend. Ya'll sure did need it. Let me know how it works out (although am sure I'll see your name on the list soon!)

-Alana

Oh, and sorry I was a day late checking in here...was helping my aunt move. But CONGRATS, again!
    Last edited by dixiechicknc; 05-26-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Forum Member

Default Question

Our Dept just got the Questions also, and I am wondering on how thurough do you have to answer them. This is our first attemp to this grant and we are in desperate need of the grant, so we don't want to screw this up.

Thank You

MembersZone Subscriber

Default the ten questions

When you get the ten questions do they come to the email address you submitted with your grant? Who does it say the email is from and what does the subject line say? Our chief did not write the grant but he is the contact person and I want to give him a heads up if we are lucky and get the 10 ????'s. Thanks

Forum Member

Default Question

capt4nocfa,

When you logg into firegrant website to check the status of your grant, there will be a new message note under the mail option.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Unless you tell them you either don't want the money or you're not going to report to NFIRS and follow NIMS, you can't screw it up.

From the other forum:

1.If you are selected for a grant award, would you accept?
    >
    > 2a) If you are selected for a grant award, can your department meet the required cost-share?
    >
    > 2b) How are you planning to meet the required cost-share?
    >
    > 3.If you are selected for an award, do you understand that the funds can only cover expenses for one year and that you have to spend the funding within one year of your grant award date?
    >
    > 4.If you are selected, do you understand that your department will be required to report to National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) for one year commencing at your earliest convenience during the performance period of the grant?
    >
    > * If you need assistance reporting to NFIRS you may call the support center toll free number 1-888-XXX-XXXX.
    >
    > 5.Did you have any pre-award costs including the use of a grant writer?
    >
    > 6.Do you have any changes to your point of contacts, phone numbers, or email addresses listed in your application?
    >
    7.Do you have any changes to your DUNS number, EIN number or your banking information listed in your application?
    >
    > 8a) Have you previously received a FEMA/DHS Assistance to Firefighters Grant? Yes or No
    >
    > If you responded yes, please indicate what year(s) you were awarded, a brief summary of what items were purchased, and a current status on the awarded grant(s).
    >
    > 8b) Have you received any other federal funding this fiscal year? Yes or No
    >
    > If you responded yes, please indicate the name of the agency that awarded you federal funding and a brief summary of the items that were awarded.

1: easy enough, YES!!
    2a&b:It does not matter how, or if you even have the money in hand. You have 12 months to get it.
    3&4: Yes
    5: Yes or No
    6&7: Make changes if necessary, otherwise No
    8a&b: This is a double check to make sure you're not buying stuff already awarded once by any grant program.

The toughest part is trying to type while floating on Cloud 9.

Congrats All! - Brian

Thread Information