Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default ? about ?'s and 1199a (bc79er)

o.k. this is so not fair. i don't think my nevers can handle this again this year. Brian, will the question's always come out on wenesday. I know we got our 1199a on a thursday last year. and our questions came out on monday. or are they going to be sent out whenever. i know they're are alot of people on edge this year. why can't they just send everthing out at the same time. the waiting is always the hardest part. thanks for any info. and good luck to all waiting and congrates to all that has heard.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The first round is always different from the rest. They usually fall into the normal groove after the first batch just because of the timing of the award announcements being on Fridays. I'd look for questions M-W, 1199A W-Th since the awards will probably be Fridays again, seems to work well that way. People have time to recover from the parties in time to go to work on Monday.

Forum Member

How long from the time you get the questions until you actually get the 1199 or the $$$?.
    I was told it could be months until you could actually go shopping?..

FH Mag/.com Contributor

1199A shows up within a week of receiving the notification that the questions made their way up there. Money can be requested as soon as the public announcement is made using the Manage Grant link on the application web site. The average is 3-4 weeks from ?s & 1199A until public announcement. They do rearrange the announcements in case their are a bunch in the same area, just to spread the dough around the country each round.

Thread Information