Thread: Benny Hinn...

Forum Member

Default Benny Hinn...

The other day I watched a special, I beleive on NBC about the Benny Hinn ministries. For those of you who don't know, this is the preacher guy who always wears white and people fall down when he touches them. I could never figure out what the hell he's all about - I had always thought the whole thing was a scam. But the documentary confirmed it. I guess he spends an incredible about of his churches money on lavish hotels in exotic places, etc etc. I was just wondering if any of you saw this and what your thoughts were. I guess this guy live the "high life" when all his followers generally live in poverty and donate a large amount of money to his ministries. This guy is as fake as can be. Pretty rediculous actually.

Forum Member

I wanna know where he got that groovy accent.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default The man himself.

Can I get a witness?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Perhaps witnesses are the last thing he would want right now.

Forum Member

Benny Hinn...wasn't he that chubby Brit that pinched buxom lassies on the arse and smacked some little bald guy on the head while being filmed at high rates of speed, all the while someone was playing "Yakety Sax" in the background??????
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Forum Member

E6511

Forum Member

I though you meant him.....darn.....

Damn, stayback, you beat me to it!!!!!

Forum Member

There are some things I just cannot resist...for this I cannot lie.

E6511

Forum Member

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    I wanna know where he got that groovy accent.
    Who does his hair? LOL
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hey, I know that name...

Plattsfire, he's been around for ages. I haven't heard his name in so long I figured he was out of the biz.

Is he still running around smacking folks on the forehead with his palm and shouting 'Be healed' in a very fake-sounding southern baptist preacher drawl?

Forum Member

Default You win a prize if ...

You can name this man. He is one of my all time favorites in the world of faith healing.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

EFD .. I believe the above pictured man is the one you're thinking of.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default Re: You win a prize if ...

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    You can name this man. He is one of my all time favorites in the world of faith healing.
    Alright.....Ernest Angley!! The 'original head slapper'....this guy was PURE entertainment. Talk about an accent? How about that rug? What a hoot!!

Forum Member

Now I have a strong faith, and common sense dictates to me that never give money to anyone on television.

I have seen his nonsense on television several times, and I absolutely cannot believe how gullible people are and how little they utilize the intelligence that they have.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Praise the Lord and send in your donation.... I, oops, I mean the Lord has a new Bentley Arnage to pick up to spread the Word!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

As my musical hero, Bono, said in "Bullet the Blue Sky" in the "Rattle and Hum" movie, "The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister."

Benny is a world-class con.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

I could never figure out what the hell he's all about
    The same thing the rest of them are...MONEY$$$
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Here's one of my all-time favs...Robert Tilton. What an idiot. Plant that seed of faith, folks!

MembersZone Subscriber

I think one has to seperate the scheysters (sp) from the truly Godly men who spread the word on TV and radio. Billy Graham, Charles Stanley and Jerry Falwell do not operate in the same fashion as Hinn does.

BTW, there is a wathdog group named Ministry Watch, that offers grades on the transparency and efficiency of the various ministries. They currently track about 400 ministries. Here's the link:

http://www.ministrywatch.com/mw2.1/F_SrchDetails.asp

Benny Hinn received an F for transparency and has refused to provide any financial accounting.

Forum Member

Hey Noz,

Is that the guy that starts talking in tongues (so to speak) and blinks his eyes like crazy?

We watched a guy at work one night and watched one of the televangelist folks start just going off in some weird growly type languages. Cracked me up.

Sorry George,

I understand exactly what you mean, but you can seperate them all you want, but I still won't send them money. I don't care for Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, or especially Pat Rebertson. Some of the stuff they come up with makes me just shake my head.

A lot.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

I feel for the naive old folks gettin scammed by morons like Hinn, but if you have lived a bad enough life that you feel you need to buy your entrance through the proverbial gates, send me your money.

I will put a good word in for you with the doorman.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    Hey Noz,

Is that the guy that starts talking in tongues (so to speak) and blinks his eyes like crazy?

We watched a guy at work one night and watched one of the televangelist folks start just going off in some weird growly type languages. Cracked me up.

Sorry George,

I understand exactly what you mean, but you can seperate them all you want, but I still won't send them money. I don't care for Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, or especially Pat Rebertson. Some of the stuff they come up with makes me just shake my head.

A lot.
    I didn't ask you to send money to them or to like them. I was merely pointing out the fact that there are more legitimate Christian ministries than there are bogus ones and that there is a vehicle to do your research prior to donating to them.

My wife and I donate to two ministries; In Touch ministries run by Dr. Charles Stanley in Atlanta, GA and Focus on the Family run by James Dobson out of Colorado Springs, CO. Neither one of these ministries does the showboat "faith healing" or tells people that if they give up all your money to me, I will make you rich. Even if you do not like the message, the point is that these are two examples of financially responsible ministries.

Thread Information