Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Career Day

MembersZone Subscriber DougVelting's Avatar

Default Career Day

Anyone have a junior firefighter program? 16 and up? and tried to get into the high school on career day? This is something my department is just starting to try to do, we've gotten a good push of new members lately but would like to bring in juniors and get them interested in hopes that they will in turn bring in other members from their circle of friends. We just wrote the letter to the superintendant of schools to see if we're allowed to. Just want some input on if this has worked for anyone, also if your thinking of doing the same thing i have posted the letter on my web page under the files section of FireExec.com
    Doug Velting Jr
    President Cassville Volunteer Fire Co
    dougvelting@fireexec.com
    www.cassvillefire.org
    Fire Exec .com

Forum Member Tiger Schmittendorf's Avatar

Doug - nice job on the letter. It lays the foundation for your program. I especially like the emphasis on education and not emergency response. Have you given consideration to converting to and Explorer Post? There are some distinct advantages.

I visited the site you listed and came across a Prospective Member Guide that looks very similar to the one I developed for my fire company: www.ecvfc.org.

Although we certainly don't want anyone to have to recreate the wheel, we would appreciate giving credit where credit is due. For example, the tag line “Firefighting may not be for everyone, But volunteering can be” is copyrighted by my company www.onscenemarketing.com.

Best of luck in your recruitment endeavors. Check out some of my other R&R toolkits in the MembersZone.
    Last edited by Tiger5; 06-01-2005 at 11:26 PM.
    Stay safe. Train often.

Tiger Schmittendorf
    MembersZone Contributing Editor

Deputy Fire Coordinator
    Erie County Division of Fire Safety
    Department of Emergency Services
    716/681-7111 - FAX/681-3645
    www.erie.gov/fire
    schmitte@erie.gov

Chief of Training/PIO
    Evans Center Fire Company
    Town of Evans NY
    www.ecvfc.org
    tiger5@firehousezone.com

MembersZone Subscriber DougVelting's Avatar

Tiger, i will absolutely give you the credit you deserve, just let me know what you want the credit line to read and ill put it up immediately along with a link to your site
    Doug Velting Jr
    President Cassville Volunteer Fire Co
    dougvelting@fireexec.com
    www.cassvillefire.org
    Fire Exec .com

Thread Information