Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hangover cures?

Banned

Default Hangover cures?

I was suffering with a hangover from hell all day today and started thinking. What do you guys think is the best cure for a hangover except not getting drunk in the first place.

have a drink of what ever you drank the night before !
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

I don't drink - haven't for years, but I have been around enough to know that one of the issues is hydration (other than alcohol being a toxin.)

The two best treatments are oxygen or IV hydration. IV hydration is the better of the two.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber sdff1520's Avatar

O2

MembersZone Subscriber

Thinking back on my four years at Kent State, I can say that only time really cures a bad hangover....

Forum Member

Might not be a cure, but try this:

Before you fall asleep, place a nice BIG glass of water and 2 ibuprofen next to your bed. Set the alarm for one hour earlier than you want to get up. When it goes off, drink the water and take the ibuprofen. Then go back to sleep, waking up at you're normal time. You'll feel a heck of a lot better. For a while anyway.

I'm with Platts...2-3 extra strength motrins. When I'm at the party or bar I try to drink a glass or two of water with each alcoholic beverage (I stay away from the drinks with soda or too many sweet exotic drinks). That helps a lot. Come bedtime, take the motrin w/ water....then more when I get up (no one better set an alarm!!!!) You'll still feel a bit crappy....but it's better than feeling like that guy who got run over twice by a car the other day (and I'm sure he wasn't even drinking)!

But not that I would know!

Forum Member

the best thing I have found is lay down in the back of the spare bls unit where it's nice and quiet/dark and suck down a bottle of o2 and a thousand bag. FYI it's easier to get someone else to start the IV

Default Prevention

Make sure you EAT before you start guzzling booze. Gotta have a base.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Default Re: Hangover cures?

Originally posted by pengman
    I was suffering with a hangover from hell all day today and started thinking. What do you guys think is the best cure for a hangover except not getting drunk in the first place.
    You could always stay drunk....

Seriously... most of the problem of a hangover is dehydration. Don't drink on an empty stomach, drink a glass of water for every drink you have ( the only down side is that you will be making the trip to the bathroom often! )and take a pre-emptive dose of your favorite analgesic before going to bed!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

thanks for your replies guys. the rerason i asked this apart from the fact I was suffering is because you hear so many strange so called cures. As fart as the dehydration, I have to say I felt like putting my head in a bucket of water and leaving it in there for ten minutes. I will never mix my drinks again. next time i will just drink budweiser and not have the pepsi. as i found that pepsi gives you a hangover

Originally posted by pengman
    thanks for your replies guys. the rerason i asked this apart from the fact I was suffering is because you hear so many strange so called cures. As fart as the dehydration, I have to say I felt like putting my head in a bucket of water and leaving it in there for ten minutes. I will never mix my drinks again. next time i will just drink budweiser and not have the pepsi. as i found that pepsi gives you a hangover
    Budweiser? Good God man, please raise your standards!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

Budweiser? Good God man, please raise your standards!
    I was only drinking Budwiser because the bar was selling 2 bottles for $2 It was a cheap night out

Avoid Tylenol

Drink water and sleep more..... Some people swear getting some grease in their stomach will help, too.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Originally posted by firenresq77
    Drink water and sleep more..... Some people swear getting some grease in their stomach will help, too.......
    Hell yeah on the grease!!!! When I used to party until the wee hours, I'd get home at 04:30 and fry up a big ole greasy cheeseburger loaded up with onions and eat it before going to bed. Never woke up with a hangover!! Although, I'm not so sure that beef was always cooked through and my friends were always worried that I'd burn my house down
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default Iam with Mikey too.......gotta do some eatin 'afore drankin !

I have found that the water and pain reliever thing works and for me if it is REALLY BAD, then there is only one cure.........with a vanilla milk shake......
    Last edited by Weruj1; 10-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Eat before you start. Dont mix drinks, if you start with beer stick with it. Before you crash, take a couple Motrin. I have 800mgs from my Dr and I take 2. Take with Gatorade (or the like) and have a second bottle ready for the next morning.

PS: Mixing in a glass of water in between drinks IS a good idea.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

And for those that MUST mix.........

Beer then liquor, never sicker....... Liquor then beer, never fear.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I've heard dill pickle juice works. Also, from experience, LOTS OF WATER seems to work quite well. As a matter of fact, the pickle juics probably works because the salt keeps the water in your body..hmm...

Thread Information